Boca Juniors

jellydog

Yeah, I know, but what the fu_k. I might be the only Boca fan in Bangkok, in which case I'll amuse myself with this thread. Maybe I'll persuade my buddy Sam Kelly (freelance football journalist from Bristol, though living in Buenos Aires), to share his perverted views (he's a River Plate and United fan). At any rate, open for business and ready to tolerate the expected abuse. Please note that United wanke_rs Nev and Big Red, or Big Ned, or Big Ted are welcome, despite the fact that they are pretty thin skinned and might be in need of a periodic enema.

News flashes;

1. Talented pain in the ass Juan Roman Riquelme still without a club.

2. Juan Manuel "Burrito" Martinez transferred to Boca from Corinthians.

how come you're a boca fan? are you from argentina or just like the club?

I lived in Buenos Aires for seven years. Just moved to BKK a few months ago. I'm from the states.

fair play man, would love to be able to see a boca - river match live one day. one of the must-see football fixtures and occasions.

how come you're a boca fan? are you from argentina or just like the club?

I lived in Buenos Aires for seven years. Just moved to BKK a few months ago. I'm from the states.

fair play man, would love to be able to see a boca - river match live one day. one of the must-see football fixtures and occasions.

I saw plenty of Boca matches, and others, but never the "Superclasico". Not only expensive, but a pain in the butt for any number of reasons. Not the least of which is making sure you weren't victimized by some idiot.

I saw plenty of Boca matches, and others, but never the "Superclasico". Not only expensive, but a pain in the butt for any number of reasons. Not the least of which is making sure you weren't victimized by some idiot.

yeah have read lots of stories from journos over the years about them. apparently could be difficult if you weren't a local etc. you speak spanish?

yeah have read lots of stories from journos over the years about them. apparently could be difficult if you weren't a local etc. you speak spanish?

Not much, but enough to get by.

Whats the news coming out of Boca with regards to Tevez returning?

You can closer than that. The news in the Uk is that he won't be signing a new contract but will see out his current one and then return to Bocca.

I c

Whats the news coming out of Boca with regards to Tevez returning?

You can closer than that. The news in the Uk is that he won't be signing a new contract but will see out his current one and then return to Bocca.

I can smell the bitterness in that post!laugh.png

Tevez has been talking about returning to Boca for years. I wouldn't hold my breath, though as a Boca fan I'd like to see it happen. As long as he can pull decent wages in Europe (or even Brazil) I figure that's where he'll be lacing them up. Eventually, I would bet on a Boca homecoming, but I'd be surprised if it happened this year, or maybe even next.

If I had a nickel for every expat Argie talking about returning to Argentina whilst playing football in Europe...I'd have a lot of nickels. They often do return, but at the tailend of their careers, when they can no longer command wages any better in Europe than they would in Argentina. No surprise.

I like Fray Bentos football club and i also like there pies....i would advise anyone who visits Argentina to go to the factory and take the tour.annoyingly F.B.F.C are located in Uruguay.

Mario Kempes now then he was truly a leg-end,the ticker tape world cup! memories.

To give the lie to my post on 1/27 Fernando Gago has returned to Argentina. In a bit of a shocker he has forsworn Boca to play for Velez Sarsfield. But Boca has a settled roster and probably not willing to pay Gago a fair Argie wage. As for Gago returning at all, he's married to Argie ex tennis pro Gisela Dulko, and they're expecting a kid.passifier.gif

Also, JRR (Juan Roman Riquelme) remains without a team.

• 2 weeks later...

After months of dithering Juan Roman Riquelme has signed again with Boca. 34 years old and still as big a pain in the ass as ever. And, still can turn a game on a dime with one pass.

You mean he signed because nobody else wanted him! he is passed it now and is thinking of his farming future whatever he gets a sniff at,they are all the same them corndogs.

The new season started with a rousing comeback by Boca to overturn a 2-0 deficit to Quilmes. 3-2 final to Boca and a wonderstrike volley from Guillermo Burdisso (brother of Nicolas Burdisso, CB for Roma for you fellows who don't follow football outside the UK). Riquelme didn't play. Maybe next week. Nice start to the present Bianchi era.clap2.gif

This was live at GMM football extra channel here in Thailand and I didn't woke up sad.png

Thanks for that news Hullupullo !wai2.gif I wasn't aware it was live here ! If you haven't seen Burdisso's volley, go here:

http://hastaelgolsiempre.com/

That is my buddy Sam's site. He's in Buenos Aires. Football in Argentina site, though in English. He's a River Plate and Man U fan, but despite those glaring weaknesses, a fine fellow.