Superbowl

L&J

Thanks for the responses but the event at the Emperess in the past has offered a large crowd,

good viewing and access to the buffet breakfast served by the hotel. So still interested in that

event if it is to be held again this year.

I just received word clap2.gif

The ACTS Printing Company is doing the SUPER BOWL at the Empress Hotel.

Breakfast will start at 6AM- Kickoff at 6:30- the cost is 200 baht per person. You get

a full breakfast buffet that will run the entire length of the game. smile.png

• Like 1

I like rugby union and rugby league in Oz, for the life of me can not extract a modicum of enthusiasm for soccer as looks like a sissy game full of whimpish, panzy, mummy boys where bugger all ever happens. However I do also enjoy American Football, a very good game indeed, perhaps it is the gratuitous violence? Will try and catch it.

Let me rephrase the question. Is there anyplace in Chaing Mai that has good beer and will be showing the game?

At 6am in the morning? blink.png

Maddog are opening at 6.30AM for the game

I understand the need for alcohol at that hour but I don't think they can serve it at that hour. I could be wrong. Just had Breakfast at O'malies and was looking at the hours. I don't believe the opening time for serving alcohol was 6:00 I believe it was 8:00AM.

I have no interest in watching sports of any kind on TV, but isn't drinking alcohol while watching the Superbowl traditional? A Virgin Mary at that time of day might go down well.

Ah, so it's tradition with the Superbowl, now I understand the need.....though the drinking would really be in the evening.

A Virgin Mary is non alcoholic I believe as opposed to a Bloody Mary.

Sorry, yes, a Bloody Mary. A good brunch with Eggs Benedict, smoked salmon, waffles, cheeses and such might make drinking so early more acceptable.

Umm, we're talking about the Super Bowl, right? What happened to beer, nachos, pizza, etc? Yeah I know the game starts early in the morning here but bloody marys & eggs benedict for the Super Bowl? Doesnt seem quite right :)

Sorry, yes, a Bloody Mary. A good brunch with Eggs Benedict, smoked salmon, waffles, cheeses and such might make drinking so early more acceptable.

Umm, we're talking about the Super Bowl, right? What happened to beer, nachos, pizza, etc? Yeah I know the game starts early in the morning here but bloody marys & eggs benedict for the Super Bowl? Doesnt seem quite right smile.png

Having watched 2 hours (so far) of stupid advertisements, more stupid advertisements due to inadequate power facilities in New Orleans, interspersed by a bit of one sided football, I have concluded that not only do you need alcohol to watch it but a few valium might also help to make it more bearable.

Umm, we're talking about the Super Bowl, right? What happened to beer, nachos, pizza, etc? Yeah I know the game starts early in the morning here but bloody marys & eggs benedict for the Super Bowl? Doesnt seem quite right smile.png

Having watched 2 hours (so far) of stupid advertisements, more stupid advertisements due to inadequate power facilities in New Orleans, interspersed by a bit of one sided football, I have concluded that not only do you need alcohol to watch it but a few valium might also help to make it more bearable.

Could be worse. Could be a bunch of guys running around in expensive underwear kicking a ball and letting it hit them in the head. Do you suppose some of them have been hit in the head one to many times?

6:30am Monday morning kick off also doesn't seem quite right. ;) This is a case of two wrongs making a right.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Could be worse. Could be a bunch of guys running around in expensive underwear kicking a ball and letting it hit them in the head. Do you suppose some of them have been hit in the head one to many times?

For sure.