Italian Arrested After Naked Phuket Joy Ride

webfact

Italian arrested after naked Phuket joy ride

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Police arrested an Italian man who stole a BMW that was left running in front of a laundry shop near Phuket Technical College yesterday.

Responding to a report from Surawit Siangdee, 36, that his black BMW had been stolen at 3:30pm, Phuket City Police notified police stations island-wide.

Thalang traffic police spotted the car, with mag wheels and lowered suspension, at traffic lights on Don Chom Tao Road at 6:30pm. The officers stopped the vehicle and apprehended the 46 year old man, who was reportedly not wearing any clothes at the time of his arrest.

After convincing him to get dressed, the officers took him to Thalang Police Station, Phuket City Police chief Sermphan Sirikong told the Phuket Gazette.

“We tried to talk with him, but he wouldn’t say anything, he just sat and covered his head,” Col Sermphan said.

The Italian's arrest came just 24 hours after Thung Thong Police, concerned for his safety, stopped him from jumping into Bang Wad Dam.

The officers took him to Thung Thong Police station, from where he disappeared a short time later, officers told the Gazette.

Police have notified Francesco Pensato, the Italian honorary consul in Phuket, Col Sermphan said.

In the meantime, the Italian has been charged with theft, he added.

The Phuket Gazette are aware of the man's name but have decided to withhold it.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Italian-arrested-after-naked-Phuket-joy-ride-20062.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-01-28

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just bizzare behaviour and this guys 46! Lock him up for a stint then deport the lunatic.

Why do people loose their minds on holidays?

Jesus kris, show some compassion. How about some mental health assistance? Not to be had in Thailand unfortunately.

I think mental health issue is the likely reason. Although some sort of drug problem might be another reason.

• Like 2

If he really is mentally ill, I hope they don't stick him in a Thai prison. If people act weird in there, they sometimes get killed. There was an American who was mentally ill who was beaten to death in a Pattaya prison for shrieking if I recall.

Sometimes I hope the newspapers would have decency not to publish the names and humiliating situation images of the people who have mental problems.

This person tried to kill himself. This publicity does not do good for getting better and with bad luck it will follow him back to home.

Ugly reporting from all three Phuket English speaking newspapers.

Sometimes I hope the newspapers would have decency not to publish the names and humiliating situation images of the people who have mental problems.

This person tried to kill himself. This publicity does not do good for getting better and with bad luck it will follow him back to home.

you must admit that a naked car thief would likely get reported anywhere.

and they did withhold his name

you must admit that a naked car thief would likely get reported anywhere.

and they did withhold his name

I have nothing against reporting incidents. But when it comes to the mental health problems, then the newspapers should have the morals not to mention names and images of the people.

You are right, PG and TPN did not mention names, just pictures. The third one (let's call it The Sun of Phuket, rule 31) did wrote name with images.

Just bizzare behaviour and this guys 46! Lock him up for a stint then deport the lunatic.

Jesus kris, show some compassion. How about some mental health assistance? Not to be had in Thailand unfortunately.

I think mental health issue is the likely reason. Although some sort of drug problem might be another reason.

One often causes the other.

One often causes the other.

Or possibly the lack of the proper drugs? Although it's best to stay away from most pharma chemicals IMHO...

Can't assume that his attempt to jump into the water at a dam was a suicide attempt .

• Like 1

Maybe the fine for stealing a car is cheaper than the tuk-tuk ride home. smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Seriously, sounds like some sort of metal disorder, possibly bought on by drug abuse.

Thank God. If there was no Thai Visa we would never get accurate information. Can't understand why the Thai police just don't call TV and ask for an analysis, propose the charges and sentence and then, carry out the sentence as appropriate. Particularly if it's death in any bizarre way, as usually proposed by our University Educated brothers.

Love it.

Well done members again. Don't know what life would be without it

Hmmmmm

I've been thinking about this too.

But hey, we live in a universe of relativity, without hot there would be no cold.

Without unreasoned bleating and bashing there would be nothing nice said.

How boring and bland life would be if there were no spices?

Bring on the spices.

Maybe there should be a new topic to allow folks to bash stuff and another one where nice things could be said.....

Just thinking.....

smile.png

PHUKET: -- Police arrested an Italian man who stole a BMW that was left running in front of a laundry shop near Phuket Technical College yesterday.

Yet another dumb MF Falang making us all look bad.

Ship him out after a bit of a lock up I say. bah.gif WPFflags.gif

Not true.

There is mental health assistance to be had here.

QUOTE: Lock him up for a stint then deport the lunatic.

What a humane and insightful suggestion, full of understanding and the milk of human kindness.

One can only hope you are in LoS on holiday and not on a permanent basis.

O K

Lock him in the mental ward for a stint.

Then deport him.

Better ?