Norwegian Shot By Ex-Wife's New Thai Husband

webfact

Norwegian Shot by Ex-Wife's New Thai Husband

A 34-year-old Norwegian man was shot in the neck by a gun that discharged while he was fighting with the husband of his ex-wife in Nakhon Sawan province. The Norwegian reportedly owns the gun, and got angry after not being allowed to take his young daughter for a custodial visit.

KHAMPHAENG PHET – January 27, 2013 [PDN]; at 12 p.m., a report of a man being shot and injured was received by Pol. Maj. Paisarn Wannachai, Inspector, Meuang Khamphaengpech police station. He rushed to inspect the scene with the detective police team and the rescue officers.

The incident occurred on an upper floor stairway in a building that houses the Krua Kan Eng restaurant, located on Wang Khang road, Tambon Nai Meuang. The Isarn food restaurant is located on the first floor of the 3-story building.

At the scene, police found the injured victim, identified as Mr. Thomas Kruner, age 34, nationality Norwegian. He had been shot in his neck and severely injured. The officers hurried to send him to Sawanpracharak hospital, Nakhon Sawan province.

Waiting for the police was the gunman, identified as Mr. Manoonsak Cheuycham, who was standing to surrender himself to the police and still shaken by the incident. During questioning, Mr. Manoonsak said he had been sleeping in the bedroom on the third floor with his wife, whom he recently married. She was identified as Ms. Piyathida Singreuang, age 34, the owner of the restaurant downstairs.

They had been living together for only two months, he said. Ms. Piyathida also has a 3-year-old daughter, whom she had when she was married to Mr. Thomas. Earlier that day, Mr. Thomas had come to take his daughter temporarily in their custodial arrangement. But Ms. Piyathida had refused because her daughter was sick.

Mr. Manoonsak said he awoke when Mr. Thomas suddenly entered their apartment and began destroying their property. Mr. Manoonsak tried to stop him, so they began fighting. Then both of them fell down on the stairway outside, which made the gun that Mr. Thomas had with him fall on the floor.

Both men tried to grab the gun, and during their struggle the gun automatically shot by itself twice. Mr. Thomas was shot in the neck, and was severely injured and bleeding heavily. So Mr. Manoonsak removed the magazine from the gun and waited for the police.

Full story: http://www.pattayada...w-thai-husband/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-01-28

footer_n.gif

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote - "Both men tried to grab the gun, and during their struggle the gun automatically shot by itself twice. Mr. Thomas was shot in the neck, and was severely injured and bleeding heavily" Am always amazed at guns which go off "automatically" when handled by a Thai or mysterious moto-drivers which cause Thai people to have violent road accidents. This is a land of mystery & ghosts if one were to believe stories associated with the high crime & accident rates in Thailand. Truly amazing.....and very anal, to boot !!

Jump on the Thai automatically ?

• Like 1

Both men tried to grab the gun, and during their struggle the gun automatically shot by itself twice.

Bad gun! Very bad gun...shooting twice by yourself. Go to your room!

norway2_zpsc0eab6b0.png

The misbehaving self-firing gun being detained.

norway1_zps5c84481d.png

The Norwegian gun owner.

norway3_zps7bd5f703.png

The Norwegian gun owner in the hospital.

The Nation Channel video news:

http://77.nationchannel.com/video/324289/

Edited by Buchholz

A sum up translation of an article from Dagbladet:

-------

A 34 years old man from Norway was shot and taken to hospital with serious injuries in Wang Chin district in north Thailand yesterday morning.

Police have arrested a local man after the shooting. A Thai newspaper links the shooting as family-related, but the circumstances around the shooting is, this morning, unclear.

The detained man have explained there was a fight between them before shots was fired. The local police tells Dagbladet that the investigators don't believe his explaination.

According to the Utenriksdepartementet (Foreign Department/Affairs) The man was shot in the head, had an operation this morning and is not in a critical situation.

(Norwegian) http://www.dagbladet.no/2013/01/28/nyheter/skyting/drapsforsok/25471792/

quote - "Both men tried to grab the gun, and during their struggle the gun automatically shot by itself twice. Mr. Thomas was shot in the neck, and was severely injured and bleeding heavily" Am always amazed at guns which go off "automatically" when handled by a Thai or mysterious moto-drivers which cause Thai people to have violent road accidents. This is a land of mystery & ghosts if one were to believe stories associated with the high crime & accident rates in Thailand. Truly amazing.....and very anal, to boot !!

So why is the farang carrying the gun in the first place!!! At least the Thai man waited for the police. Give the Thai a break!!!!!

..... "during their struggle the gun automatically shot by itself twice". Must be some vengeful spirit which accidentally fired twice not once. Give us all a break !

These young pensioned off Norwegians have nothing better to do all day than drink. Mix that with firearms, especially without experience, accidents are bound to happen......what on Earth a father is doing waving it around with a 3 year old girl present beggars belief.

I'm a young pensioned off Norwegian. 7 years younger than him. Unnecessary of you to stigmatize us all with something negative, (grumpy old man?).

Yep, I get free money. Money I mostly spend on helping kids around in the area, like education, kindergarden, school bus, football and other activities. Bear in mind that I haven't been in Thailand for so long because I'm a "young Norwegian drinking all day".

... and by the way, it's 3682 Norwegians between 20-24 that's pensioned off (April 2012). Quite a rear moment for you to actually getting to speak with one of the 3682 Norwegians you don't like, isn't it?

I have Norwegian friends and family members here in Thailand, but non of them are young pensioned off bastards like me. The young guys sure drink much when they are here, but they all either got work in Norway (avg. salery in Norway is about 170 000 Baht a month) or online study vacation (a trend in Scandinavia). The older guys are living on their hard working retirements.

• Like 1

Why does a farang need a gun in Thailand first of all and why the f*** is a father taking a gun into the home of his daughter??? I don't say he deserves it, but i don't have too much pitty...

Read the threads on guns. Its a lot safer to have a gun, so the argument goes. w00t.gif

• Like 1

Why does a farang need a gun in Thailand first of all and why the f*** is a father taking a gun into the home of his daughter??? I don't say he deserves it, but i don't have too much pitty...

Read the threads on guns. Its a lot safer to have a gun, so the argument goes. w00t.gif

Glad i don't have to agree with that... am trained on various guns and fel safe not to carry them ever and returned all of them at the end of my military service

These young pensioned off Norwegians have nothing better to do all day than drink. Mix that with firearms, especially without experience, accidents are bound to happen......what on Earth a father is doing waving it around with a 3 year old girl present beggars belief.

I'm a young pensioned off Norwegian. 7 years younger than him. Unnecessary of you to stigmatize us all with something negative, (grumpy old man?).

Yep, I get free money. Money I mostly spend on helping kids around in the area, like education, kindergarden, school bus, football and other activities. Bear in mind that I haven't been in Thailand for so long because I'm a "young Norwegian drinking all day".

... and by the way, it's 3682 Norwegians between 20-24 that's pensioned off (April 2012). Quite a rear moment for you to actually getting to speak with one of the 3682 Norwegians you don't like, isn't it?

I have Norwegian friends and family members here in Thailand, but non of them are young pensioned off bastards like me. The young guys sure drink much when they are here, but they all either got work in Norway (avg. salery in Norway is about 170 000 Baht a month) or online study vacation (a trend in Scandinavia). The older guys are living on their hard working retirements.

Best to ignore posts that inflame you.

You say you haven't been in Thailand too long, but it's your understanding of TVForum that is important.

It's an open forum and many seem to use it to bash others for little or no reason.

On this forum you cannot win, you cannot reason with them and frankly I don't see the point of getting wound up by them.

Clearly, some posters have various problems and may get relief by letting off some steam here.

Very sad, but hey, if it helps someone..........smile.png

Have a nice evening.

• Like 2

The bottom line is that the Norwegian man went into another mans apartment uninvited carrying a gun, if the account in the paper is correct. He then decided to thrash the place.

In my opinion the Thai man was correct to use all means to defend his home against this man. Even if the Thai man owns the gun, he would have been justified in using it. I appreciate the Norwegian mans predicament, but just walking into the apartment and causing a confrontation is not the way to resolve it.

Something fishy here, what proof is there that the falang owned the gun in the first place? maybe thai passing the gun ownership onto the falang, i will wait until proof of ownership is proven before passing judgement.

Precisely

Allegedly/reportedly owned the gun

Allegedly/reportedly brought the gun

Allegedly/reportedly started the trouble

Allegedly/reportedly shot 'during a struggle'

• Like 2