How To Get A Nice Bicycle From Bkk To Koh Samui?... Golf Anyone?

BKS22

Greeting & Salutations,

I will be moving to Koh Samui in the next 2 weeks to begin a new job. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive way to possibly get my mountain bike from BKK to the island? Not like you can just easily box up a bike. hehe

It's not a real expensive bike, but it would be nice to have it once I am there. If it turns out to not be worth the money & worse comes to worse...I can donate it here in BKK if need be.

Another side question....are there any golf courses on koh Samui? If so...are they open to the public or private? I'm looking forward to making & meeting new friends on what appears to be a beautiful island. smile.png

Cheers,

BK

I bought a mountain bike from ProBike in BKK a couple of years ago, and asked them to ship it to Samui for me.

It came by courier, and I had to collect it from the couriers office myself. About 600 THB if I recall correctly.

Perhaps you could go to the shop where you bought it, and ask them to do the same.

Or maybe ask a bike shop for an old bike delivery box, remove the wheels, turn the handlebars, pack everything in bubble wrap,pack it in the box, and send it by EMS.

In answer to your golf question: Yes. Plus also a driving range near Big C

Edited by phetphet

I always take mine with me, but I don't fly when I do it. On a bus or train, it's easy, and I'm pretty sure Lom Phraya wouldn't have a problem with you taking it on the boat from Surat. Of course, this wouldn't get it there before you. If you need info on how to do the bus or train, feel free to IM me.

I bought a mountain bike from ProBike in BKK a couple of years ago, and asked them to ship it to Samui for me.

It came by courier, and I had to collect it from the couriers office myself. About 600 THB if I recall correctly.

Perhaps you could go to the shop where you bought it, and ask them to do the same.

Or maybe ask a bike shop for an old bike delivery box, remove the wheels, turn the handlebars, pack everything in bubble wrap,pack it in the box, and send it by EMS.

Thanks phetphet for the idea...I'll see if I can get a hold of the shop I purchased it from.

Nice to know there is a driving range near the Big C....I'm going to be living quite close to there. It's in Bo Phut correct?

I always take mine with me, but I don't fly when I do it. On a bus or train, it's easy, and I'm pretty sure Lom Phraya wouldn't have a problem with you taking it on the boat from Surat. Of course, this wouldn't get it there before you. If you need info on how to do the bus or train, feel free to IM me.

Appreciate that montrii.

Thanks phetphet for the idea...I'll see if I can get a hold of the shop I purchased it from.

Nice to know there is a driving range near the Big C....I'm going to be living quite close to there. It's in Bo Phut correct?

No. Big C is not in Bophut. Its on the ring road between Bophut and Tesco.

For the driving range: Coming from Bophut on the ring road towards Chaweng, turn left about 75 metres after Big C. The driving range is on the left, just past the entrance to the hospital.

There is a driving range at the Lamai end of Soi 1 coming from Maenam (or turn at Mini Mart near Buddies complex at Lamai end) perhaps a kilometer from the main ring road.

There are three golf courses, one in Lamai, only seen pictures, but views look nice..... not sure how to find!

One in Chawang/ Bophut area, up the road near the Open Market (not very well kept)..... any one know the name of that road? wink.png

Then there is SantiBuri Golf course, in Maenam, off Soi 7 I think, toward Ban Tai, more in the "professional league" both in greens fees and up keep. thumbsup.gif

There is a driving range at the Lamai end of Soi 1 coming from Maenam (or turn at Mini Mart near Buddies complex at Lamai end) perhaps a kilometer from the main ring road.

There are three golf courses, one in Lamai, only seen pictures, but views look nice..... not sure how to find!

One in Chawang/ Bophut area, up the road near the Open Market (not very well kept)..... any one know the name of that road? wink.png

Then there is SantiBuri Golf course, in Maenam, off Soi 7 I think, toward Ban Tai, more in the "professional league" both in greens fees and up keep. thumbsup.gif

Not sure of the name of that road, but locally known as monkey theatre road which is in itself confusing as the monkey theatre is now on the same road as the closed downd driving range. Think the golf course is called Bophut Hills possibly 9 x par 3's but sure some golf people can confirm or correct. I did hear that a new driving range was under construction possibly somewhere near the makro tesco bigc area of the ring road but not being a golfer i am not sure of the details.

Not sure of the name of that road, but locally known as monkey theatre road which is in itself confusing as the monkey theatre is now on the same road as the closed downd driving range. Think the golf course is called Bophut Hills possibly 9 x par 3's but sure some golf people can confirm or correct. I did hear that a new driving range was under construction possibly somewhere near the makro tesco bigc area of the ring road but not being a golfer i am not sure of the details.

Khao Phra, pronounced Khao Pa.
  • Like 1

Good stuff! And yes...you are right...SantiBuri G&CC is not cheap. Nearly 5,000bht a round. blink.png

Royal Samui Golf is more reasonable, but I think it's only a par 3 nine hole. Oh well....better then nothing.