Car Rental In Chiang Mai, Drop Off In Phuket.

alexpoker

Me and some friends want to rent a fortuner type truck/car and drive down to Phuket. We want to drop it off in Phuket.

Anyone know the cheapest option to do this? The cheap car rental companies seem to only be based in Chiang mai. If anyone knows a cheap car rental place where we can drop it off in Phuket please let me know.

Thanks.

I've rented through Hertz before from Survannabhumi and dropped off at Chiang Mai airport. Had to rent at least 5 days to get the alternative drop off at no extra charge. Cost me 7500B for a week I think including insurance. Have to have a credit card, no credit card, no rental. Not even a debit card would do.

A few of them will let you take a car back to BKK for them, so long as you pay for the fuel.

Just checked, through the hertzthailand site, 1675B/day for a Fortuner 3 days min to drop off at another location, through the global site with the current promotion, 8500B/week for a Honda CRV.

Edited by naboo

Yep, you'll have to go with the international boys. Have gone from Phuket Airport to CM, Hat Yai to Bkk before now with Budget, three days minimum.

/Btw, are you all sorted after your 'accident'? wink.png

Edited by jackr