Business - Bangkok Based - Washroom Hygiene Services

Just a thought at the moment

Bit of a long shot, anyone there on the the ground in BK that thinks they would be able to sell to businesses big corporate ones washroom hygiene services, this would be water saving devices for toilets and urinals these save massive money for the landlord or business owner, air freshener systems for hotels and busy office toilets, washroom papers such as toilet papers and skin car products. Also the hygiene bin services for the washrooms. PHS and Initial have a good business model there in Thailand offering to schools and businesses, hotels and more.

We run a company here in the Uk providing these services, there are high margins and it is a fairly simple business to run when you know how some of our suppliers of the units we use for the rentals also are supplied into Thailand and are popular we are talking to distributors about offering similar in Thailand and there is a keen interest.

I am interested to speak to anyone that might have thoughts on progressing this idea either with a contact database or experience in the type of service in Thailand and selling this service.

PM me if you think it would interest you

Yes, that is right, is there any smaller businesses that operate in this market in Thailand ?? Does anyone know if there are smaller service companies of any size other than the big international corporate ones operating in the service industry across Thailand ?? Do big businesses in Thailand use smaller firms that offer cost effective customer service driven supply and service ??

• 1 month later...

Hi Blackandwhite

I have just flown back from BKK but do have friends there still, do you import from there at the moment?

I am fully aware that initial are quite big over, basically in most Bars, Hotels etc.

My friends are currently in Pattaya so I can ask if there are smaller firms.

Paul

For the Paper Towel / general washroom cleaning services etc. there are dozen of Companies large and small - every Hotel or Office Block you go into has staff from these Companies on permanent contract so I very much doubt there is good business to be made.

Water saving devices may certainly be of interest but again most urinals (for example) already have proximity type switches installed.

Patrick

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Blackandwhite

I have just flown back from BKK but do have friends there still, do you import from there at the moment?

I am fully aware that initial are quite big over, basically in most Bars, Hotels etc.

My friends are currently in Pattaya so I can ask if there are smaller firms.

Paul

From my last visit there does seam to be the main big boys doing this. There is a gap as the most companies do over charge as the business model is made out to be more complicated than it actually is so there is a chance they can be undercut.

Be interesting to see what type of annual charges there is on for example air freshener machines that are installed in toilets and the type of mark up on items like toilet paper.

The waterless urinal systems are very good here not sure how well they would work with the heat in Thailand. Maybe okay in some big hotels as the climate internally is controlled.

Thanks for the reply. If you know anyone that presently pays for this service it would be interesting to find out some of the rates they pay.

For the Paper Towel / general washroom cleaning services etc. there are dozen of Companies large and small - every Hotel or Office Block you go into has staff from these Companies on permanent contract so I very much doubt there is good business to be made.

Water saving devices may certainly be of interest but again most urinals (for example) already have proximity type switches installed.

Patrick

Thanks for the reply Patrick, water saving and the environment is high on the agenda for most large hotel grouts, we were in the Pattaya Dusit and they are very into this, think they have actually won awards for what they do and the measures they take to lower the impact they have on the environment.

If you know anyone that has details of the rates for any washroom services or paper products I would love to find out,

Cheers again thanks for the reply