Mazda Invests Bt8.5Bn In New Transmission Plant In Chonburi

webfact

Two major car manufacturers confirming expansions running into 10's of billions. Take my hat off to this government and its leader. Can somebody remind me how many companies announced major investment under the last Dem government. Announcements like these are just putting nails in the Dem Party coffin. Like it or lump it PT is here to stay. Maybe has a lot to do with ASEAN where foreign companies will own 88% of their own business in Thailand.

Gee, I wonder if Mr. T's $ had anything to do with this 'making this Gov't look good' ?

Two major car manufacturers confirming expansions running into 10's of billions. Take my hat off to this government and its leader. Can somebody remind me how many companies announced major investment under the last Dem government. Announcements like these are just putting nails in the Dem Party coffin. Like it or lump it PT is here to stay. Maybe has a lot to do with ASEAN where foreign companies will own 88% of their own business in Thailand.

Really? Since when has that been suggested/implemented?

One in every 40 cars in the world are now made in Thailand.

The growth story is of impressive proportions.

Can only be good for the people of Thailand though can see battles ahead with wages etc

Where in Buddha's name did you get that statistic ?

Roughly 80 million vehicles made 2 million made in Thailand. That is one out of how many?

Can only be good for the people of Thailand though can see battles ahead with wages etc

Roughly 80 million vehicles made 2 million made in Thailand. That is one out of how many?

I get the math.

Just wondering where you got the numbers ?

I get the math.

Just wondering where you got the numbers ?

No not me. I didn't do the math. Google automotive production 2011 and add a few for 2012. World wide production is around 80 million and Thailand will come in around 2 million plus or minus a few. Some other poster did the one out of 40 not me.biggrin.png

<p>

Ford and GM come to mind both announced under the Dems . I think you are being oversimplistic in giving credit to PT, The bigger picture influences affecting foreign companies decision to build factories in LoS are the BoI privileges and the availability of land on Industrial Estates with infrastructure already in place both of which were established long before PT came in

Edited by kruangfaifar
  • Like 1

<p>

Ford and GM come to mind both announced under the Dems . I think you are being oversimplistic in giving credit to PT, The bigger picture influences affecting foreign companies decision to build factories in LoS are the BoI privileges and the availability of land on Industrial Estates with infrastructure already in place both of which were established long before PT came in

Eastern Seaboard (Detroit of Asia):--Thailand’s Eastern Seaboard marked a new high in business investment during 2012, attracting 357.2 billion baht in capital with further growth expected in coming years.

http://www.thaivisa....stment-in-2012/

Edited by chiangmaikelly

Google for the article "state within a state - Thailand" to see who big business dealt with before this government. Well its all changing and now they're dealing with Thaksin

Not Arisaman. He's not literate enough to write an article.

The author is another fugitive Red Shirt Leader, Jakrapob, with multiple criminal charges still pending.jak4.jpg

jakrapob.jpg

Jakrapob Penkair

As you pointed out to me, can you not stay on topic? What has this got to do with Mazda's announcement?

Ask backtonormal

As yet no one has tried to deny that the content of this article is untrue. The statement in the original article 'wholly owned' , would that mean that a 'paper ' Thai company will not own 51% of it.

As yet no one has tried to deny that the content of this article is untrue. The statement in the original article 'wholly owned' , would that mean that a 'paper ' Thai company will not own 51% of it.

I'm no expert on Japanese business here but since Americans can own 100% of a company in Thailand one would think Mazda would have figured out something similar.

I'm no expert on Japanese business here but since Americans can own 100% of a company in Thailand one would think Mazda would have figured out something similar.

Unless something has changed or will change in the near future, it's only the Americans that get to own 100% as far as I am aware. I'd love to know if I'm mistaken and can finally own my own company here free and clear.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, presumably "Mazda" could open/run the company here as a division of their USA arm of the business . . . then own 100%?

EDIT AGAIN: I also think that when you invest such large amounts, the normal rules don't apply anyway so I can see them coming to a very easy arrangement over this.

Edited by Tatsujin

8.5 billion shows you how much it takes to get above kickbacks with the ability to say ' !!!!off ' if anybody comes callingwink.png .

I am sure you have links to the kickbacks to major auto companies. Right? whistling.gif

Your going the wrong way but then you do look confused smile.png .

When you accuse a major company of breaking the law I would assume you had some kind of proof.

What is against the law in one country is not against the law in another. Having worked in Thailand for both Thai and foreign manufacturing companies, it is not unusual for Asian and European companies to offer gifts up to 10% of the procurement price to get the contract. In Thailand, it has been rumored that this could go up to 30%. Some companies which are binned, by law, not to do this resort to having a law firm in the country represent them, there by paying the law firm to expedite the process.

8.5 billion shows you how much it takes to get above kickbacks with the ability to say ' !!!!off ' if anybody comes callingwink.png .

I am sure you have links to the kickbacks to major auto companies. Right? whistling.gif

When you accuse a major company of breaking the law I would assume you had some kind of proof.

What is against the law in one country is not against the law in another. Having worked in Thailand for both Thai and foreign manufacturing companies, it is not unusual for Asian and European companies to offer gifts up to 10% of the procurement price to get the contract. In Thailand, it has been rumored that this could go up to 30%. Some companies which are binned, by law, not to do this resort to having a law firm in the country represent them, there by paying the law firm to expedite the process.

My point was that Kartman had no information that Mazda was giving kickbacks. He is one of those posters who think it is cool to accuse Thais of unethical (Western) behavior with no proof or documentation.

My point was that Kartman had no information that Mazda was giving kickbacks. He is one of those posters who think it is cool to accuse Thais of unethical (Western) behavior with no proof or documentation.

Even if "proof" was provided, I am guessing it would be dismissed by many here any way.

Given the nature of how "business" is conducted here in Thailand, it would be extremely naive to believe that there were not kickbacks involved in this and every other "investment", "expansion", "development".

Even if "proof" was provided, I am guessing it would be dismissed by many here any way.

Given the nature of how "business" is conducted here in Thailand, it would be extremely naive to believe that there were not kickbacks involved in this and every other "investment", "expansion", "development".

I have lived in Thailand for 10 years and never paid a bribe. Am I naive?

Sure, I know bribes are paid. Do I think major Japanese auto companies investing billions of baht in Thailand have to pay bribes? I would not be surprised either way.

I can speak for myself. If I was putting 8.5 billion into Thailand and some official asked me for a bribe I'd have his butt thrown out of my office in a NY second. I can see the headlines in Tokyo. Mazda pulls out of Thailand investment because some police colonel asked for a bribe.smile.png

Sure, I know bribes are paid. Do I think major Japanese auto companies investing billions of baht in Thailand have to pay bribes? I would not be surprised either way.

I can speak for myself. If I was putting 8.5 billion into Thailand and some official asked me for a bribe I'd have his butt thrown out of my office in a NY second. I can see the headlines in Tokyo. Mazda pulls out of Thailand investment because some police colonel asked for a bribe.smile.png

As I've said to you before, you've been lucky if you have never paid a bribe.

As for big companies, it wouldn't be a Police Colonel, it would be far higher up the food chain.

As I've said to you before, you've been lucky if you have never paid a bribe.

As for big companies, it wouldn't be a Police Colonel, it would be far higher up the food chain.

Who in Thailand do you know that could take a chance with losing a 8.5 billion investment? What would they do if it hit the newspapers? 8.5 billion is Bloomberg material.

Your last sentence is what i posted so are you pissed? ,i used confused before but i was wrong.

Your last sentence is what i posted so are you pissed? ,i used confused before but i was wrong.

Sorry I read your post wrong. And yes I would agree with you.