Problem Registrating A Bike In Trat

norwaygeir

I wanted to get a letter of residency from immigration, had a copy of house-book and id from land-lady and also the rent-contract with me (2 years contract). But the immigration said they could not do this because I only had tourist visa, and said I'm not allowed to buy a bike on tourist-visa (non-immg. visa only). It's a little bit funny, because I've already have a bike registrated in my name (done in trat 3 years ago), done with a tourist visa.

Is this only in trat, or in hole thailand.

Thanks

Sorry for my poor english

It may indeed be that your previous bike, registered under the tourist visa, was done that way by mistake. What you may not know is that the people who let you get a Residence letter back then got reprimanded and demoted and now work in Yala province. So buck up and get a proper visa; thinking a bureaucrat is mistaken is unproductive.

It was not done by a mistake, because I got my adress registrated at the house of the dealer, but the officer didn't like it and wanted me to have it registrated at the resort where I was staying, but this was 3 years ago, so it my have change.

So they change this in pattaya and chang mai also, not possible to get a bike registrated on tourist visa there?

Sorry for my poor english

Not to do with tourist visa, to do with your local immigration office rules for issuing Certificate of residence.

Can't get one from immigration, get one from your embassy or consulate ...... costs more, about 2,000bht.

Immigration are unlikely to know any rules or conditions for other government offices, can't register, they made it up.

Edited by TommoPhysicist