Relocating To Trang

teabags

My husband and I are considering a move from Phuket to Trang later this year. I thought this would be a good place to get some information about the area from the people who would know.

In particular:

1. The cost of renting a 2 bed house outside of Trang. An idea of cost for furnished and unfurnished would be appreciated.

2. What areas, if any, we should avoid?

3. What types of restaurants and shopping facilities are available should we wish to buy any western treats?

Any information would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

How big a house are you looking for and with much land?!

Do you want to live in the town or outside?

Very few western restaurants its very thai. But its much much cheaper here than phucket. Their is a big Robinson department store that you can buy western food in at a price!

We have just bought land outside of trang and will be building a home July. After our baby's born in may. We're in the middle of nowhere nice and quiet! Will try to be as self sufficient as possible. The good life haha.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Hi Sutton1001,

We would only look for a small 2 bed house with a small garden area as we like to try to grow herbs and veggies. Haven't had much luck so far but we haven't given up. We would prefer to live in the country rather than in town as we prefer the quiet life. Any information you have would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm back in the uk right now. Will be back full time end April. Will ask my wife to ask around when I speak to her in the morning. A English teacher staying in Huai Yot is paying 5000 a month for a similar size house.

Do you have a budget?

Also where are you both form? I don't know any English around trang although their are a few.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app