Thai Cop Arrested With 20 Elephant Tusks

Lite Beer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need a new sub-forum for crimes committed by the Thai police.

I agree !!!! If you actually gathered up every police gone bad story for one year, I think it would be astonishing in its scope.

There are so many I can hardly keep track of them..

The Chiang Mai Mail reports two serious drug busts, both involving senior law enforcers. The first, a Lieutenant in uniform, caught with 1.3m tablets and 30kg of crystal meth. . Now we have a third: Maybe these folk need 'special' treatment, resulting in tough sentences.

Just recently, the police bragged about the arrest of Somchai Khunpluem, the former "Godfather of Chonburi", and how that had helped to miraculously repair the tarnished image of the Thai police force.

And then a high-ranking cop was captured basically red-handed while poaching with 6 other suspects in a national park.

And now yet another cop has been nabbed, this time smuggling elephant tusks.

I'd say all that image repair gained from the godfather arrest has now been eroded again. As they say: "Easily gained, easily lost."

Edited by Misterwhisper

Also interesting , is where this tusk now end up, or how they divided up, and by whom..

Ha ha ha, Oh, ye of little faith....

He was just earning his living, like they all do..

Why would the cops stop a cop vehicle?

I agree it's interesting that they did, I am assuming that the driver was not in uniform was a factor in the decision to stop and question the man. So although the headline is police carrying elephant tusks the real deal is that police arrested one of their own. .

Was it a case of laziness on the part of the driver that he didn't bother to dress in uniform that day - if you are going to 'borrow' a police van for some dodgy enterprise then at least have the IQ to wear a police uniform to make it look "correct".

Why would the cops stop a cop vehicle?

I agree it's interesting that they did, I am assuming that the driver was not in uniform was a factor in the decision to stop and question the man. So although the headline is police carrying elephant tusks the real deal is that police arrested one of their own. .

Was it a case of laziness on the part of the driver that he didn't bother to dress in uniform that day - if you are going to 'borrow' a police van for some dodgy enterprise then at least have the IQ to wear a police uniform to make it look "correct".

BIB pull up a police van at the checkpoint. Mmmmmm........perhaps there's more to this?

someone didn't get his share....

But I think no problem, in a day or two everything will be fixed and it was just an honest misunderstanding.

I suspect you are right.

Give it a week and the headline will read, "Police have made a mistake.................. they weren't elephant horns but elephant bells." easy mistake to make.

I agree !!!! If you actually gathered up every police gone bad story for one year, I think it would be astonishing in its scope.

There are so many I can hardly keep track of them..

The Chiang Mai Mail reports two serious drug busts, both involving senior law enforcers. The first, a Lieutenant in uniform, caught with 1.3m tablets and 30kg of crystal meth. . Now we have a third: Maybe these folk need 'special' treatment, resulting in tough sentences.

or............ moved to an inactive post with salary and pension. bah.gif

BIB pull up a police van at the checkpoint. Mmmmmm........perhaps there's more to this?

Someone must have made a trunk call.

A special police "tusk force" has been set up!

we've HERD of this before. The MATRIARCH should put a stop to it all, but it would be going on a gigantic RAMPAGE, TRAMPLING on all her friends, and that is a load of BULL to believe it. I,VORY much doubt anything will happen, not before EASTER-US
  • Like 1

Someone must have made a trunk call.

A special police "tusk force" has been set up!

we've HERD of this before. The MATRIARCH should put a stop to it all, but it would be going on a gigantic RAMPAGE, TRAMPLING on all her friends, and that is a load of BULL to believe it. I,VORY much doubt anything will happen, not before EASTER-US

You're saying all that incriminating evidence is irrelephant? :(

Payboy, you ought to be put on a CHARGE for saying that. (irrelephant) --good stuff, Blowing my own TRUMPET--or MAHOOTA, Ha

If you MUST, but I certainly can't help you with that.

Well You can NGOR NGOR CREATORING what ya like , But my MOM-BASSA said KENYA keeper it up..... think it's time to start the car ???thumbsup.gif

back on topic, interesting if there will be a follow up on this, NORMALLY near nothing is followed up on most posts, all our points of view just dissappear the same as the outcomes. Pity as I'm sure there IS some justice out there even if 10% but lets have more reporting back RE TOPICS---I call it feedback which us sufferers don't seem to get.

We found 10 pairs of elephant tusks in the van

Amateur! Next time he should put them in a condom and bring them in the Nigerian way. bah.gif

What...down the throat of a Thai lady friend ? Thats just silly.

I've tried it with my tusk. So much more fun.

• 2 weeks later...

'Should treat crimes by cops & crimes using a weapon in the same way. Don't ban cops; don't ban guns. But "enhance" the sentences accordingly. Cops using their position, or LE resources to commit crimes, should get a double or triple sentence. Course this cop probably won't ever go to trial in the 1st place...

'Should treat crimes by cops & crimes using a weapon in the same way. Don't ban cops; don't ban guns. But "enhance" the sentences accordingly. Cops using their position, or LE resources to commit crimes, should get a double or triple sentence. Course this cop probably won't ever go to trial in the 1st place...

When the cop was caught he was on his M/Cycle with his helmet strap dangling.cheesy.gif