Urgent Advice Needed

gharknes

At the risk of being unsympathetic from the amount of damage described I strongly suspect speed in excess of 25 kph was a factor. A contributing factor appears to be a lack of defensive driving judging from this fellows inability to fess up.

Driving a motor bike is extremely dangerous. You can never assume someone sees you. You need to assume they don't see you.. Even then accidents happen.

The advice of live and learn is very sound.

Many aren't so lucky. Here in Phuket there are 12000+ accidents a year with fatalities in the 300+ range. If you don't think riding requires extreme care think again.

When you get on a motorbike you had better have plenty of skill and your wits about you. Either that or you better be feeling lucky. Maybe a little of both, do you feel lucky?

Speed is only one factor in how much injury you suffer, how you make contact with the ground and what your wearing is also a big influence. If your wearing jeans or even worse shorts and a t-shirt even a low speed spill can cause a fair a mount of injury.

I've come off a bike at speed and walked away with no injuries, I've also come off at much slower speeds and suffered more bruises, aches and pains.

For the OP how do you know he wasn't almost level with the truck when it pulled out?

In that instance no amount of "defensive" riding is going to save you....2 choices hit the brakes and hope you avoid or crash into the truck. I know in the same situation I'd probably do the same thing, its just unfortunate for him that his bike slid on to hit 2 more scooters parked at the side of the road.

As for damage to the bike, if he hasn't got crash bungs fitted to the frame then what he describes is about the right kind of damage for a low speed spill on a sports tourer. Those fairings damage quite easily when they come into contact with the road.

I'm disappointed in many people here for immediately pointing the finger at the OPs' riding skills. It all very well to say you should assume noone in there tin can has seen you, but that doesn't remove the responsibilty from the driver of that tin can.

From the posts I've read here seems to me that I could cut someone up on the expressway causing that person to hit the brakes who in turn gets rear ended by the person behind him, a multiple pile up occurs behind me due to my careless driving, but it doesn't matter because although I caused the accident, I wasn't involved, didn't get hit so not my fault.......mad :o

There are alot of idiot drivers out there . Beware and try to not get killed .

Then again , everybodys a victim . It's never their fault .

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to put this into perspective, once I was riding my BMW K75 into town in Liverpool, and was in slow moving traffic, I guess I was doing about 20 MPH.

Now the road ahead curved left after which was a zebra crossing, a police car was in front of me, and one behind me. As I approached the curve, I took a quick look over my left shoulder, (to check no cyclist was coming up the inside) and when I looked forward again, the car in front was stopped, I braked, lost the front end and dropped the bike.

The police car behind saw everything and they explained to me that a women had run into the zebra crossing causing a car to stop suddenly and the police car in front of me stopped too, she caused the accident, however that was of no use to me.

He explained that he wouldn't caution me because I was not speeding or driving badly, but I was left to pay for repairs, cracked fairing, bent engine guard and ripped jeans. Even though the other women caused the accident I had no legal recourse against her, and would have to claim on my insurance for any compensation, I was lucky I didn't hit the (police) car in front or it would have been worse.

So even with a UK police witness, on your side, the situation doesn't always work out fairly, my guess is the OP should let it go and chalk it up to experience

Not a pleasnat exp. dropping one's bike. A friend just went down and he got the gov't ins to pay for about 5,00 bht in medical exp. I would see if they'll pay up on the other bikes also. Chase her down and see if she'll come up with something,anything is better than nothing. Just threaten to call police and maybe she'll cough up some baht. Worth a try,nothing to lose.

well as it turns out the fact that alough my bike didn't hit her car but I did changes the whole picture, she is now 100% involved, she is also avoiding the police and they have issued a warrant for her arrest, she may spend a night in the police jail if she doesn't present herself to the police today. It also seems she was drinking at the time and has a drink problem.

Very interesting thread

At the risk of being unsympathetic from the amount of damage described I strongly suspect speed in excess of 25 kph was a factor. A contributing factor appears to be a lack of defensive driving judging from this fellows inability to fess up.

Driving a motor bike is extremely dangerous. You can never assume someone sees you. You need to assume they don't see you.. Even then accidents happen.

Many aren't so lucky. Here in Phuket there are 12000+ accidents a year with fatalities in the 300+ range. If you don't think riding requires extreme care think again.

When you get on a motorbike you had better have plenty of skill and your wits about you. Either that or you better be feeling lucky. Maybe a little of both, do you feel lucky?

at thr risk of being rude, you are a typical poster on this forum that decides the information given is wrong and you know better even though you where not there and know little or nothing about the matter.

I am impressed.

How are they going to prove that she was drinking at the time?

Good luck Gharknes I honestly hope you win this one.

TBH drinking or not she pulled out in front of me and caused a collision.

I have not contacted insurance as yet and was wondering how to go about this given the circumstances, also should I be making a legal claim against her or is the police investigation final for all concerned ?

well as it turns out the fact that alough my bike didn't hit her car but I did changes the whole picture, she is now 100% involved, she is also avoiding the police and they have issued a warrant for her arrest, she may spend a night in the police jail if she doesn't present herself to the police today. It also seems she was drinking at the time and has a drink problem.

Very interesting thread

at thr risk of being rude, you are a typical poster on this forum that decides the information given is wrong and you know better even though you where not there and know little or nothing about the matter.

You will have a fun time trying to get the driver. On the face of it she 100% NOT INVOLVED. not a scratch to her truck no evidence of her intoxication. You really cant prove anything.

All I did was some simple deduction regarding your statements regarding your speed and the damage described.

From 25 kph a competent rider can come to a full stop in a minimum 5-10 meters. Are you trying to say this accident happened inside that distance? What were you doing driving blindfolded?

For this to happen you either were traveling twice the speed you say you were or you were distracted by something and failed to see the vehicle pull out in front of you.

I have people pull out in front of me all the time, people run lights stop signs, blow through traffic circles. Guess what if you're traveling a safe speed you can avoid them.

You can't change the bottom line: You are the one who dropped his bike and crashed into two parked vehicles. :o

Start paying attention and quit trying to blame the rest of the world for your small difficulties. :D

Just to put this into perspective, once I was riding my BMW K75 into town in Liverpool, and was in slow moving traffic, I guess I was doing about 20 MPH.

Now the road ahead curved left after which was a zebra crossing, a police car was in front of me, and one behind me. As I approached the curve, I took a quick look over my left shoulder, (to check no cyclist was coming up the inside) and when I looked forward again, the car in front was stopped, I braked, lost the front end and dropped the bike.

The police car behind saw everything and they explained to me that a women had run into the zebra crossing causing a car to stop suddenly and the police car in front of me stopped too, she caused the accident, however that was of no use to me.

He explained that he wouldn't caution me because I was not speeding or driving badly, but I was left to pay for repairs, cracked fairing, bent engine guard and ripped jeans. Even though the other women caused the accident I had no legal recourse against her, and would have to claim on my insurance for any compensation, I was lucky I didn't hit the (police) car in front or it would have been worse.

So even with a UK police witness, on your side, the situation doesn't always work out fairly, my guess is the OP should let it go and chalk it up to experience

a rear end collision is always your fault, you must always be in a position to stop safely no matter what happens in front of you, the lady on the crossing had nothing to do with you driving into the rear of vehicle in front, if you rear end someone you will always be to blame, there is only one instance where this is not true and that is if you have stopped and someone rearends you pushing you into vehicle in front, this is totally different to someone pulling out in front of you, it is impossible to do anything about, if I had been driving a car I woukld have been completely unable to avoid a collision but because I was on a bike there was just enough space for my bike to go past at an angle but no way to correct once it stepped out

I must admit i am surprised at some of the posts here, this lady was 100% to blame for this, she pulled out about 15 feet in front of me leaving me nowhere to go except either into her door or into the parked vehicles on the right, there was no way i could brake in time to avoid either, believe me I know my way when it comes to driving and quick reactions as i competed in motor sport for years and have a few trophies, there was nothing I could do, this lady didn't indicate, didn't look she just drove outin front of me, the cost to me appart from the pain and disability will be about 50k baht to fix my bike and pay my medical bill. IT WAS HER FAULT 100% NOT MINE - SHE SHOULD PAY FOR HER POOR DRIVING NOT ME.

Very interesting thread

You will have a fun time trying to get the driver. On the face of it she 100% NOT INVOLVED. not a scratch to her truck no evidence of her intoxication. You really cant prove anything.

All I did was some simple deduction regarding your statements regarding your speed and the damage described.

From 25 kph a competent rider can come to a full stop in a minimum 5-10 meters. Are you trying to say this accident happened inside that distance? What were you doing driving blindfolded?

For this to happen you either were traveling twice the speed you say you were or you were distracted by something and failed to see the vehicle pull out in front of you.

I have people pull out in front of me all the time, people run lights stop signs, blow through traffic circles. Guess what if you're traveling a safe speed you can avoid them.

You can't change the bottom line: You are the one who dropped his bike and crashed into two parked vehicles. :o

Start paying attention and quit trying to blame the rest of the world for your small difficulties. :D

ARE YOU FOR REAL, YOU ARE ONE SMARMY CHEEKY *******ER, how many bikes have you put your leg over ? i said 25kph est its enough to say I wasn't going quickly maybe 30kph hard to look at the speedo when you're flying through the air, 5-10m well actually it was about 15-20 feet in front of me she pulled out, <deleted> are you talking about, are you involved in this perhaps ? boy some people

So , exactly what urgent advice is needed here ?

well actually if you read through I wasn't wanting to know who was at fault, I new that already...HER

the help I was requesting was about dealing with insurance police legal etc, I am in no doubt that this lady caused the accident my injuries and my damage

is it just that many people here are just anti bike or are they involved in this incident in some way or have there heads up their assses

BTW I was a COP for 27 years I know about accidents. I am also an advanced driver.

Perhaps when this is over I will be able to offer advice to people who find themselves in a similar situation.

Edited by gharknes

Very interesting thread

ARE YOU FOR REAL, YOU ARE ONE SMARMY CHEEKY *******ER, how many bikes have you put your leg over ? i said 25kph est its enough to say I wasn't going quickly maybe 30kph hard to look at the speedo when you're flying through the air, 5-10m well actually it was about 15-20 feet in front of me she pulled out, <deleted> are you talking about, are you involved in this perhaps ? boy some people

You're a funny guy. Now you were flying through the air!

Look up in the sky.. it's a bird...a plane... no it's super whatever your name is.

Slowly the true story starts to come out. "Flying through the air" hahahahaha. :D

I really love it when someone like you takes to throwing insults in lieu of some simple introspection and analysis of the facts. Jai yen dude! :D:D

So , exactly what urgent advice is needed here ?

well actually if you read through I wasn't wanting to know who was at fault, I new that already...HER

the help I was requesting was about dealing with insurance police legal etc, I am in no doubt that this lady caused the accident my injuries and my damage

is it just that many people here are just anti bike or are they involved in this incident in some way or have there heads up their assses

BTW I was a COP for 27 years I know about accidents. I am also an advanced driver.

Perhaps when this is over I will be able to offer advice to people who find themselves in a similar situation.

A COP eh ?

I guessing NOT a traffic COP ! :o

Kasi it's pretty poor that you feel you need to take the piss from someones misfortune, perhaps the same will happen to you some day and well see how the mightly fall, it is obvious you don't really have a clue, maye when i am well enough you can come talk about it face to face

######

Your bike insurance onlu covers you for damage to people.

I am about to brave the mozzies outside to find out the name of my 1st calss insurerce broker.

30mg Xanax and a beer just made that a mission so excuse my typing

Insurance company is Nam SaengInusrance PlC Ltd

I think the broked is Khoom Kai Insurance Pub CO ltd. - based in Pattyaya but I may be wrong

f your bike is less than 5yrs old and you want fully comp insurance try these guys:

Khoom Khao Insurance Pub Co. Ltd (Tel: 038-71-6303/4)

Broker PCD International (contact Paul Chow, Inga Dohlon Tel 038-42-2825, Fax 038-37-4196)

Policy Example Premium Benefit

15,610B

1998 Honda Blackbird (1100cc)

Sum insured of Baht 300,000

38 year old rider

Third Party Injury: 250,000/person

Third party Property: 10,000,000/accident

Own Damage: sum insured

Fire & Theft: sum insured

Loss of life/dismemberment/disability: 50,000/person (rider & passenger)

Medical expenses: 50,000/person

Bail bond: 400,000/accident

Own damage deductible: 2,000/ accident

Third Party deductible: 1,000/ accident

Theft deductible : 10% sum insured.

First class insurance is only available on bike less than 5 years old (based on the first registration date in the registration book). This only applies on initial cover though, they will renew on subsequent years even if the bike then becomes older than 5 years.

There's also Viriyah Tel: 02-641-2846/8 and New Hampshire Tel: 02-236-0098. Not too sure if these two will cover big bikes though.

Mate I saw double trying to find that so appreciate it please

You didnt mention this in your first post....that you hit her car....

Ok lets look at the new information....and add it to the old....

A girl in a car pulls out in front of you...you doing 25 mph...adjusted from 25 kph...brake hard and slide...your bike hits other bikes damaging them...you slide on and hit the girls car sustaining injuries that require hospital attention...the girl drives away regardless, you get her licence plate number.... she was drinking and has a drinking problem....is that right ???

Why is it I hear Jingle bells ???

Oh yeah if you pull the other one thats the song it plays.... :o

a rear end collision is always your fault...

I've read this statement now 2 or 3 times on this thread, and laugh each time. Yeah, "your fault" where YOU come from. Wake, up it's Thailand.

While on my motorcycle, I was plowed into from behind by a young female university student, and both bikes sustained some minimal damage. We both suffered bumps and bruises.

A crowd gathered and warned me not to call the police as it would unnecessarily complicate things. After the stories I had heard, I agreed. Everyone understood that she hit me from behind, and several witnesses were in the group. Then followed an impromptu kangaroo court in which I was instructed to pay the girl who hit me 500 baht. Since I wasn't going to argue with 30 Thai people over an accident with a Thai co-ed, I paid "my dues" and everyone was happy. In my mind, $12 USD was a pretty cheap price to extricate myself out of a sensitive situation, especially since I didn't have the "court's" sympathy.

Subsequently, running this situation by my Thai friends, they agreed that this was the best course of action. They informed me that the logic in the crowd's mind was:

I was a rich farang. She was a poor university student.

I was a teacher with a salary. She was living on student loans.

I was a big, healthy-looking farang, and she was a skinny little (and pitiful looking, I might say) 19-year-old kid.

Ergo: I was the obvious "advantaged one", so I pay. "Who hit who" was unimportant. In Thailand, in an accident, it's all about milking those who "have" to give to the "have-nots" if it can possibly be done.

If the German woman's car is a Mercedez and you're running around on a crappy-looking 15 year old Suzuki, maybe you've got a chance with the police. At least you would have had a chance with my crowd. The sympathy vote does help.

I know it's maddening when you know you were not wrong but it stills turns out against you. :D

However we are in Thailand where you must remember to put on your "Thailand" coloured glasses.

So if you're driving along (in a car, motorcycle, whatever) and a car

(cow, motorbike, banged up pick-up truck) pulls up and cuts you off it's generally deemed to be your fault, you have to drive defensively, and avoid whatever is there.

How things should unfold and how they really go are not one and the same.

Is it fair? no. Does this happen every day? yes.

Will this change anytime soon? :D

How many accidents have I averted today? at least a dozen

I hope I will avert them tomorrow and the day after tomorow too

If I don't, no matter what, I will probably be held responsible. Unless my husband talks to the police for me. :o

This is Thailand after all.

But I wish you good luck :D , if you get satisfaction maybe there's hope for others too! :D

Kasi it's pretty poor that you feel you need to take the piss from someones misfortune, perhaps the same will happen to you some day and well see how the mightly fall, it is obvious you don't really have a clue, maye when i am well enough you can come talk about it face to face

######

Face to face...ummm. Are you insinuating you can prove your point better with perhaps some physical intimidation? You assume many things. I'll leave the obvious unsaid.

My point throughout this protracted thread is you need to be responsible for your own actions.(You have failed to take responsibility for yourself)

If you can't do that go home and cry about it with your mates at your favorite pub. About how horrible Thailand has treated you!

Give it a rest... as the further you proceed the more ridiculous you reveal yourself to be. :o:D

I know it's maddening when you know you were not wrong but it stills turns out against you. :D

However we are in Thailand where you must remember to put on your "Thailand" coloured glasses.

So if you're driving along (in a car, motorcycle, whatever) and a car

(cow, motorbike, banged up pick-up truck) pulls up and cuts you off it's generally deemed to be your fault, you have to drive defensively, and avoid whatever is there.

How things should unfold and how they really go are not one and the same.

Is it fair? no. Does this happen every day? yes.

Will this change anytime soon? :D

How many accidents have I averted today? at least a dozen

I hope I will avert them tomorrow and the day after tomorow too

If I don't, no matter what, I will probably be held responsible. Unless my husband talks to the police for me. :o

This is Thailand after all.

But I wish you good luck :D , if you get satisfaction maybe there's hope for others too! :D

When I first came here, any road trip was a constant "war" of me against them. I railed at every person pulling out in front of me. I cursed anyone who passed too close to me. I shook my fist at every oncoming vehicle in MY lane. I had my own little private farang-Thai battle going on out on the highway. Every day. The thing that was really maddening, is that my ravings were usually met with a smile and a shrug. I had all the stress. They had none.

I had a couple motorcycle accidents in which I was "in the right" (yeah, go ahead and hit them, if they pull out in front of you). It didn't take me long to realize that sometimes you can end up "dead right."

Gisele, that's about the best, sensible, culturally appropriate advice about traffic in Thailand that I have ever heard. The more I put on my "Thailand" colored glasses, the better driver I become--in this setting, (I learn to "flow" with the traffic, rather than fight it), and the stress is less (mai pen rai). After 3 years, I'm actually starting to relax a little on the road (but keeping that one vigilant eye open, of course!).

Edited by toptuan

######

Face to face...ummm. Are you insinuating you can prove your point better with perhaps some physical intimidation? You assume many things. I'll leave the obvious unsaid.

My point throughout this protracted thread is you need to be responsible for your own actions.(You have failed to take responsibility for yourself)

If you can't do that go home and cry about it with your mates at your favorite pub. About how horrible Thailand has treated you!

Give it a rest... as the further you proceed the more ridiculous you reveal yourself to be. :o:D

you fail to grasp the fact that we live in this world with other people sharing the same space, yes be responsible for your own actions is pretty obvious advice as that is exactly what we are, but we cannot and should not be held responsible for other peoples actions especially when they directly effect us, i remember a young man sitting on his motorbike at trafficlights on his way home from work on North pattaya road, he is now dead because he intercepted a stray bullet from a gun fired at someone else - was he responsible - was his death his own fault for being there, was this accident my fault because I was there when this stupid lady pulled out in front of me without looking

I think ridiculous describes you very well, you don't seem to be able to grasp the environment around you, perhaps you live in a room with no windows or doors. Your contribution to this "my" thread is not welcome as you don't seem to know what you're talking about. so don't bother with a reply

As for face to face, I doubt very much the tone of your conversation would be the same, I'm not threatening you, just a fact. You may come across a little better as would I.

Edited by gharknes

Enuff to make the stairs a bit harder to negoitate anyway.

I woulodn't recomend walking to the shops or trying to stand up to give the missus a kiss when she comes home.

It was a nice surpirse finding them in my travel bag though thought it was best to take themm at once rather than knowing they were there all the time to amuse me.

######

you fail to grasp the fact that we live in this world with other people sharing the same space, yes be responsible for your own actions is pretty obvious advice as that is exactly what we are, but we cannot and should not be held responsible for other peoples actions especially when they directly effect us, i remember a young man sitting on his motorbike at trafficlights on his way home from work on North pattaya road, he is now dead because he intercepted a stray bullet from a gun fired at someone else - was he responsible - was his death his own fault for being there, was this accident my fault because I was there when this stupid lady pulled out in front of me without looking

I think ridiculous describes you very well, you don't seem to be able to grasp the environment around you, perhaps you live in a room with no windows or doors. Your contribution to this "my" thread is not welcome as you don't seem to know what you're talking about. so don't bother with a reply

As for face to face, I doubt very much the tone of your conversation would be the same, I'm not threatening you, just a fact. You may come across a little better as would I.

Your stray bullet analogy is apt! :D:D Comparing a 3000+ pound pickup truck with a speeding bullet! You're a comedian right! You didn't see this pickup truck!!!!!!!!!Where you blindfolded or just not paying attention?

As to my participation in "your" thread....please excuse me for being a member of this public forum! Perhaps you should complain to the administration! :D You really are too funny!

The bottom line here remains the same: In avoiding a collision with a truck that pulled out in front of you, you failed to maintain control of your vehicle and crashed into some stationary vehicles.(your fault no matter how you try to look at it)

Suck it up boyo! Move on with your life and chalk this up as a learning experience. If you still find yourself unable to do so you will remain dangerous to yourself and others. I would consider that "urgent"!

Also something you should consider is that not everyone has the aptitude or attitude required to ride motorbikes safely. Just this morning I saw a nasty wreck(with a fatality) involving a motorbike.

Kasi your just full of crap, theres nothing wrong with gs' analogy......perhaps a bit extreme.

He didn't say that he didn't see the pickup.....he said the pickup pulled out with 15ft to spare leaving him nowhere to go, in that situation theres not a lot you can do except grab the brake hope the front doesn't lock up or theres no oil on the road and pray that you'll avoid. In this case the front washed out on him...maybe some oil in his braking zone or crappy road surface...who knows....the point is the fault lies entirely with the truck driver for not looking before pulling out. If you also notice he pointed out that had he been in a car theres no way he could have avoided hitting the truck, so if that had happened then there wouldn't be an issue.

I doubt that g will get anywhere chasing the truck driver down, but good luck to him and I hope he succeeds and is well again soon.

So please take your pathetic I know best nonsense elsewhere unless you have something constructive to add..which .I suspect not, as it seems all you like to do is insult the OP and probably me now too..... :o:D

Kasi your just full of crap, theres nothing wrong with gs' analogy......perhaps a bit extreme.

He didn't say that he didn't see the pickup.....he said the pickup pulled out with 15ft to spare leaving him nowhere to go, in that situation theres not a lot you can do except grab the brake hope the front doesn't lock up or theres no oil on the road and pray that you'll avoid. In this case the front washed out on him...maybe some oil in his braking zone or crappy road surface...who knows....the point is the fault lies entirely with the truck driver for not looking before pulling out. If you also notice he pointed out that had he been in a car theres no way he could have avoided hitting the truck, so if that had happened then there wouldn't be an issue.

I doubt that g will get anywhere chasing the truck driver down, but good luck to him and I hope he succeeds and is well again soon.

So please take your pathetic I know best nonsense elsewhere unless you have something constructive to add..which .I suspect not, as it seems all you like to do is insult the OP and probably me now too..... :o:D

News flash moonoi: If you're riding your moto and have to take evasive action where you crash; guess what? You were going too fast for the existing conditions. Case closed

How you think a speeding bullet shares any of the characteristics of a pickup truck pulling out onto the highway eludes me! A speeding bullet moves somewhere between 1500 and 3000 feet per second! Admittedly difficult to see under the best of conditions. A pickup pulling out into traffic maybe moves at a rate of 5-10 feet per second; difficult to miss under the worst of conditions!

The analogy is in a word: ridiculous!

My point is when you're riding out there you're surrounded by idiots. If you fail to see and avoid them; then you are the stupid one. Simple undeniable facts IMHO.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Edited by kasi

News flash moonoi: If you're riding your moto and have to take evasive action where you crash; guess what? You were going too fast for the existing conditions. Case closed

How you think a speeding bullet shares any of the characteristics of a pickup truck pulling out onto the highway eludes me! A speeding bullet moves somewhere between 1500 and 3000 feet per second! Admittedly difficult to see under the best of conditions. A pickup pulling out into traffic maybe moves at a rate of 5-10 feet per second; difficult to miss under the worst of conditions!

The analogy is in a word: ridiculous!

My point is when you're riding out there you're surrounded by idiots. If you fail to see and avoid them; then you are the stupid one. Simple undeniable facts IMHO.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

See you just prooved my point :D

Your simple undeniable facts are easily deniable

Its complete crap to say "If you're riding your moto and have to take evasive action where you crash; guess what? You were going too fast for the existing conditions. Case closed"

For example

I'm driving my moto down a street empty of traffic. I'm doing 40-50km/h....not speeding and not too fast for the conditions. Then one of the parked cars/trucks at the side of the road pulls out 5 metres ahead of me. I try to avoid...miss the car but hit the road. Its still not my fault, I was not driving too fast for the conditions, simply that the car/truck pulled out without looking. Nothing you can do.

A situation like that is almost impossible to avoid an accident unless your very lucky. Taking your attitude means that you couldn't ride around anywhere faster than 10km/h just incase someone does sth stupid like that.

or then my previous example in post #30:

I could cut someone up on the expressway causing that person to hit the brakes who in turn gets rear ended by the person behind him, a multiple pile up occurs behind me due to my careless driving, but it doesn't matter because although I caused the accident, I wasn't involved, didn't get hit so not my fault

Its too simple to state that an accident occurs due to driving/riding too fast for the conditions

But you go live in your perfect little world where people can act without responsibility as long as it doesn't hurt them. I'm sure you'll be very happy there. :o

Comparing a 3000+ pound pickup truck with a speeding bullet! You're a comedian right! You didn't see this pickup truck!!!!!!!!!Where you blindfolded or just not paying attention?

The pickup truck was parked at the side of the road facing the same way as me along with about 20 others, yes i saw them all but didn't expect this one or any other to pull out in front of me, the entrance to my condo building is two one way roads with island in between, people park trucks cars bikes buses on both sides of each one way street, this was not even out on the main road, it's the driveway to my condo, this lady was moving from a parked position in a line of many cars/pickups it was not from a side street, she did not indicate she was pulling out she just did it right in front of me I had nowhere to go with cars and bikes parked on both sides, it had darkened windows so it was impossible to see if there was even a driver in it, it just looked parked like all the rest until it moved, like is said about 15 feet in front of me. Maybe you thought this was from a side road or something, it wasn't.