Dependable, Reliable Retirement Visa Agents In Bkk

You don't really need an agent to do a retirement extension. You can easily do it yourself with only one trip to immigration.

Unless of course you are asking about one that takes care of the money in the bank which is technically not legal.

You don't really need an agent to do a retirement extension. You can easily do it yourself with only one trip to immigration.

Unless of course you are asking about one that takes care of the money in the bank which is technically not legal.

No I have the money, I just want someone to advise me correctly regarding all issues invovled.

You just need some copies of your passport pages.

You will need to 800K in the bank for 2 months proven by letter from bank and bank book (plus copies). For income of 65K baht you would need an income letter from your embassy. Or both for the combination of the 2.

The only dependable and reliable agent is yourself. There's no need to pay money to someone. Someone who has done it recently will be along and tell you exactly what you need. Since you say BKK I assume Chiang Wattana, if it's a different office post the location.

1. I come in on a normal 30 or 60 day tourist visa, I probably apply for in Singapore as I will stop by there on the way from Jakarta?

2. Since I am on a tourist visa can I covert this to a non immigrant o visa there?

3. Since I am on a tourist visa can I open a bank account? If so when I transfer the cash in do I put any special instructions or reference on the transfer?

4. I need a phsical from a doctor, understood.

Is this right so far?

No. You do not need anything from a Doctor.

A Non Imm O Visa would be better but it can be done with a Tourist Visa.

Open a bank account. You might have to try a few but you will get one.

Deposit the money.

If you do not have a Non Imm O Visa visit Immigration in Bangkok and apply for an upgrade to a Non Imm O Visa (2,000 Baht) You will need to show them that you have the required bank balance.

60 days later go back to Immigration and apply for a 12 Month Extension for Retirement. (1,900 baht)

You will need a letter from the bank and your bank book updated showing the same balance of over 800,000 Baht.

You should get a single entry non immigrant O visa instead of a tourist visa on basis of being over 50 and to apply for an extension of stay.

You should not have any problem opening a bank account. Nothing special needed for the transfer in.

Edited by ubonjoe

2.22 In the case of a retiree: Permission will be granted for a period of not more

than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) The applicant is 50 years of age or over;

(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

The advice you are getting from everyone is true. The retirement extension process is so easy it would be silly to pay an agent money to handle it.

I got my last extension two weeks ago at Changwattana, BKK - it took roughly 2hrs preparation, and cost 1900B (plus 100B fares plus 1000B for a re-entry permit, not essential but a good idea because it allows you to leave and come back without losing your permission to stay).

To summarise the most straightforward method, based on depositing 800, 000B in a Thai bank account, (and being over 50!) you will need:

1. To open a Thai bank account and deposit at least 800 000B in it for 60 days before you apply for your extension. It can be more, it can't sink below this during the 60 day period. This 60 days increases to 90 days for subsequent extensions but that needn't worry you now.

2. Obtain a non-Imm O visa from a consulate outside Thailand (You can also get a tourist visa and convert to a non Imm O at immigration, but I have not done this . Many posts have been made explaining this though.)

3. The non imm O will allow you 90 days stay, so in the last 30 days (after your account has seasoned for 60 days) apply for an extension based on retirement using form TM 7, available at immigration reception.

Take:

a. photocopies of passport picture page, visa page, last entry to Thailand page and entry card,

b. A 4 X 6 cm passport photo (take extras, you will need at least one more for re-entry permit, and you can't take too much. Photo shops and banks are in the building so you can get more.)

c. A letter from your bank confirming your account balance.Banks know what "letter for immigration" is, especially branches frequented by foreigners. Get it a day or two before you apply.

d. Photocopies of your bank passbook name page, and all pages showing that your account has been above 800 000B for 60 days. You should make amount agree with bank letter, and do a transaction on the day of your application so bank book is updated on that day. Easiest way is to deposit 1000B the day before, and withdraw 1000B on morning of application.

e. 1900B fee

f. Completed TM 7 form (need full address including subdistricts etc)

Sign all photocopies. Also take some proof of your address, not officially required but best to be safe. Plus you can copy it to form.

Get number ticket at counter , wait till you are called, hand officer form, he will fill out some paperwork, hand it to second officer for checking. Stamped and done.

Edited by partington