Trip To Mall With Fiancee

mikemellow

This is a kind of follow up to Fiancee Wants Salary post I made recently. I thought it would be fun to go to the mall the other day as I needed to pick up a few small things but it went different than I had expected. First she saw the luggage dept and asked for me to buy her some. She had enough money in her purse that I had given her to buy it herself but she wanted me to buy it and I said lets wait until we have a trip planned. Then on to the camera area where she wanted her own camera as using mine is not good enough. Well, to me a camera is not an impulse buy it is something to research and a decent one is not what I consider inexpensive. Then straight to the laptops where she insisted she needed one of those cute smaller type laptops. I guess using the computer at her house or my laptop is not good enough as those cute new ones. Well when I refused that brought out her anger and ruined the trip to the mall (I never did get any of the small things I needed) as she could not wait to get out of there. I felt the same, as it was not a fun time so lets go. I have had other girl friends who were very happy to get a new dress or shoes or purse this was all new to me. To her thinking she was just trying to test me to see if I was able to properly support her in the future. Which I am beginning to think I am not able to do to her standards. Anyone have any thoughts about this trip to the mall?

Forget to buy her something for Valentines and that should provide an exit moment. When the exit moment presents grasp it firmly with both hands and run.

The longer you stay with her the higher will be the exit price. If exhibiting this type as behaviour as a GF, imagine it as a wife, shudder.

Cheers

I am sorry, but I just don't see anything positive out of continuing this relationship. You're lucky. You seen her true soul BEFORE you got married. Is this how you want to spend your life, haggling over money every day? There are just too many beautiful Thai ladies out there who want a good life with a foreign man, not necessarily the possessions he will pay for. Find a woman who shares your goals and aspirations, not a woman who sees you as an ATM.

I would agree with the notion that such a trip is the best thing that could happen to a foreign bloke in Thailand. There are two other options though: in both cases the girl stops the bloke from spending money on her, which means a) she's going to marry him and rip him off big time B) marry him and take care of the family budget and ... Happily ever after.

It's amazing how the anger gets turned on. My ex stormed off and left me stood on my own, in Pratinum market (BK) once, because she thought I was not going to buy her anything.

Her logic was 'What's the point of going shopping if your not going to buy anything'. I was actually having a look round first, like a normal shopper would.

On the bright side.....It sounds like you managed to avoid walking past any jewelry shops.

• Like 2

You reap what you sow.

You have got exactly what you deserve, a gold digger calling ths shots, you as a doormat/cuckold should just bend over and ask her how much?

Sin sot 5 million, no problem, mama money every month 50k, mia farang money every month at least 100k, if you cant afford the ride dont buy a ticket.

Sounds like you are made for each other, a match made in heaven.

Dont forget to invite us along to the wedding, the more the merrier, big face and all that BS.

"Anyone have any thoughts about this trip to the mall?"

Yup, good thing you took it before the wedding.

2 more tests, (and not specific to Thailand):

1) Hang wallpaper together and see if you're sleeping on the couch that night.

2) Take a multi-day trip where nothing goes right, and see if you'e still talking to each other on your way home

How many warning signs do you need before you get smart. Do you like dealing with all this stuff while you are single, because it will only get worse after you get married. Out of all the women that you could pick to be with, do you really think that this is as good as it gets? Dump this girl before you get taken for some real money.