Many Bangkokians To Avoid Polls As They Are Sick Of Politics

webfact

Am sick of the big placards around my area trying to get votes for the Pheu Thai candidate, the worst thing is that I don't live in Bangkok but in Nonthaburi. Surely it is illegal to place placards in areas not part of the voting area, or could they post them in Ayuthaya claiming that a lot of people from Bangkok travel there.

On the other side of the road I've got posters from list 9 (Pongsapat), 10 (?) and 16 (Sukhumbhand). I've got a voting station along the road right outside from my appartment. I've got a 24-hour-ban on alcohol sales around voting day.

So, what's your problem rolleyes.gif

So you are on Pantip side of the road then? From Phong phet towards Kaset is Bangkok, the other side of Phong Phet is not Bangkok.

Does that mean that on one side of the road bars can stay open and serve alcohol on election day, but not at the other side ?

Probably. Mind you rather than contemplating the usefullness of moving I'll just buy a few beers around the corner before the deadline. I wonder if I can carry my glass with beer when going to look outside my appartment to see what's going on at the voting station there smile.png