So, Here's Another One....

NeverSure

OK, I can't go into much detail, just a warning.

I have a good Thai friend in a town in Thailand. She is just a friend of mine and pen pal. She is highly educated and very fluent in English.

She just sent me an email with a picture. In that picture is a farang, his Thai "girlfriend," and my friend. This is very recent.

This farang believes the girl loves him and that they are to be married. He travels to Thailand when he can.

He has promised to fund a business. I don't know if he's sent other money.

This "girlfriend" is also highly educated, has a great job and what''s more, she is clean-cut, professionally dressed and very pretty.

No way is she a bar girl.

BUT my friend who is a friend of hers, tells me that this nice gf has a Thai boyfriend she lives with, and has had all along. The bf knows and approves.

Now obviously I can't get specific, but I do have a picture right here.

So no matter how wholesome looking or acting, no matter the status or lack of poverty, there is a scam.

It doesn't have to be a bar girl. There is no warning other than common sense.

Don't send money to Thailand to a woman you can't watch.

I think, just for me, if the woman loved me she would wait for me, spend time with me, and go slowly for me. I don't think I have to buy her with money.

• Like 2

Your friend tells you this and you believe her? Maybe she has an agenda and why is she discussing her "friend's" business with you? Nice girl!

Anyone would think that it's only relationships with Thai girls where cheating or infidelity occurs.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

Your friend tells you this and you believe her? Maybe she has an agenda and why is she discussing her "friend's" business with you? Nice girl!

Anyone would think that it's only relationships with Thai girls where cheating or infidelity occurs.

Yes I absolutely believe her.

Of course other women cheat, and maybe even worse in the West. The issue here is that the farang is going to pay a lot of money to "fund a business." He will be far away overseas and won't have a clue what's happening.

It's about sending money to a place where you don't see what's happening.

I wouldn't send money from Thailand to a gal in the West that I didn't know very well, and where I couldn't see what was happening with it either.

Of course other women cheat, and maybe even worse in the West. The issue here is that the farang is going to pay a lot of money to "fund a business." He will be far away overseas and won't have a clue what's happening.

I wouldn't send money from Thailand to a gal in the West that I didn't know very well, and where I couldn't see what was happening with it either.

I just see this as another "lessons learned" for our naive farang. Hopefully it will be only money that he's losing, which is replaceable. Thailand seems to be a ripe place for some adults to learn life's lessons the hard way. He'll be the better for it! (subtle sarcasm)

Just curious: Is the guy an older guy? Big age difference?

Neither would I. But you don't know the whole story regarding your friend's relationship. Maybe he is aware of the girl's Thai BF and maybe he has some things going on at home that she doesn't know about.

I guess I just don't see the point of posting 'warnings' like this, unless you are directly involved.

I just see this as another "lessons learned" for our naive farang. Hopefully it will be only money that he's losing, which is replaceable. Thailand seems to be a ripe place for some adults to learn life's lessons the hard way. He'll be the better for it! (subtle sarcasm)

Just curious: Is the guy an older guy? Big age difference?

Some age difference, but it isn't so much it couldn't easily be seen in the West. He isn't a senior by any means.

Who gives a shit?

I do. I of course have heard all of the bar girl stories, and the "mine wasn't a bar girl" stories, and the very cunning mind of the poor rural gal. But I wouldn't have dreamed that this highly educated, professional, pretty and wholesome looking gal would be the one.

I care because it's a lesson for me. It's OK if you don't care. thumbsup.gif

I think another thing that surprised me was that it's so open to everyone but the man. It's a fairly small rural town. She works in a high profile job that requires a university degree. She isn't hiding this from anyone but the farang. Everyone around her knows about it and thinks it's no big deal. They know the long time boyfriend, and about him, and then they see the farang come and visit for a vacation.

Even my good friend there just shrugs it off, saying she believes in Karma. No one seems to think it's all that wrong.

I think another thing that surprised me was that it's so open to everyone but the man. It's a fairly small rural town. She works in a high profile job that requires a university degree. She isn't hiding this from anyone but the farang. Everyone around her knows about it and thinks it's no big deal. They know the long time boyfriend, and about him, and then they see the farang come and visit for a vacation.

Even my good friend there just shrugs it off, saying she believes in Karma. No one seems to think it's all that wrong.

Is it wrong? Who are you to judge? You don't know the girl or the man involved, or the whole story.

Is it wrong? Who are you to judge? You don't know the girl or the man involved, or the whole story.

The ignore feature is your friend. It's mine too. thumbsup.gif

Many western men here brag about their extra-marital adventures / one night stands / short times / gik / mia noi etc. in a totally open manner with their expat friends who happen to know the wife/girl friend. The 'secret' holds every time and 'no one seems to think it's all that wrong' either...

do 'we' have some sort of right that 'they' don't?

Many western men here brag about their extra-marital adventures / one night stands / short times / gik / mia noi etc. in a totally open manner with their expat friends who happen to know the wife/girl friend. The 'secret' holds every time and 'no one seems to think it's all that wrong' either...

do 'we' have some sort of right that 'they' don't?

Oh good. The old "two wrongs make a right" justification.

I didn't want to turn this into a debate. I just reported something that's happening right now, in case I'm not the only one who'd learn something from it.

I have to repeat. To me it isn't a moral judgment about sex. It's about keeping my money in my pocket.

It's about the farang sending her a significant amount of money.

Funny you should mention that. The "secret" does hold until one guy decides that it's his civic duty to tell his teeruk "everything." And if one Thai wife knows, they all know. Have seen the feces hit the fan because some guy can't keep his mouth shut.

Anyways, back to the topic....

• Like 1

I agree neversure you are on the money

i think every farang has to learn the hard way

or be single or really really really smart the first

time they get off the plane at swampy!!

you can only hope that newbies to thai read TV and learn to be

super careful and not think with the wrong head!

I agree neversure you are on the money

i think every farang has to learn the hard way

or be single or really really really smart the first

time they get off the plane at swampy!!

you can only hope that newbies to thai read TV and learn to be

super careful and not think with the wrong head!

Thanks Scotto. That's the only reason I posted it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, you can check all those online websites. Not only hookers that are playing farang.

If you want to marry, you must be together prior - in Thsilsnd, for years. After 4 years if you want to go back snd try it at home - good luck.

Lending/giving money to Thais - well, we all know how that ends.

You are an absolute fool to develop a relationship with a person, esp a Thai woman yhat lives thousands of km/mi from you.

• 2 weeks later...