Canadian Phones In Asia

persianpower

Canadian phones in Asia

Will a Canadian-bought Siemens a-56 cell phone operate normally in the East Asian countries?

I bought this model several years ago. I know the model is slightly obsolete now. My question is should I throw it away or try something else?

In China, I tried 2 times to crack or unlock the phone's brain but the Chinese technicians weren't able to do help me.

Is it at all possible to convert this phone to be Asia-friendly? Before, It operated on the Canadian frequency only.

By the way, this phone is not Tri band

Canadian phones in Asia

Will a Canadian-bought Siemens a-56 cell phone operate normally in the East Asian countries?

I bought this model several years ago. I know the model is slightly obsolete now. My question is should I throw it away or try something else?

In China, I tried 2 times to crack or unlock the phone's brain but the Chinese technicians weren't able to do help me.

Is it at all possible to convert this phone to be Asia-friendly? Before, It operated on the Canadian frequency only.

By the way, this phone is not Tri band

This phone won't work here, and can't be converted as it is a GSM 850/1900 (Dual Band). You need a GSM 900/1800 phone for use in Thailand.

I suggest that you give it to someone in Canada who can use it (Instead of throwing it away), and buy a cheap one when you get here. Alternatively, you can buy a Tri Band phone in Canada before you leave. Just ensure that it is capable of GSM 900 or 1800.