Village Farang Mister Nice Guy

kevvy

Have you seen his house kevvy?....blink.png I thought mine was nice!

You are right, he seems a nice chap. There is lots and lots I have time for.

Heres a question on the topic of members, wheres Tutsiwarrior gone?...wins poster of the year and has been mia since.

Edited by krisb
  • Like 1

Wow, I am honored to be address in such glowing terms. Thank you Kevvy, Rsquared and Krisb.

I will do my best not to let you down, and once again, thank you.

Just keep posting those fantastic pictures and I am sure no one will feel let down.

• Like 1

Wow, I am honored to be address in such glowing terms. Thank you Kevvy, Rsquared and Krisb.

I will do my best not to let you down, and once again, thank you.

Needless to say i think you just have to stay yourself.

1 critique from myself to you is that many of your photo's seem too flashy and panoramic. A tad too much hallmarking in there, i would say.

Keep up the good work. Mr. Villagefarang.

• Like 2

Heres a question on the topic of members, wheres Tutsiwarrior gone?...wins poster of the year and has been mia since.

only pictures , i have just got my new house plans and hope to start early next year, just have to find a good architect , as i cannot leave it to just ordinary construction workers , really need someone to oversee everything .

The VF house looks incredible. Where he has got it is great and lot of thinking went into it , but that is the VF isnt it .

• Like 1

only pictures , i have just got my new house plans and hope to start early next year, just have to find a good architect , as i cannot leave it to just ordinary construction workers , really need someone to oversee everything .

The VF house looks incredible. Where he has got it is great and lot of thinking went into it , but that is the VF isnt it .

Oversee it yourself. Now there is some good advice for ya.

• Like 2

The wife and I were onsite pretty much everyday for the eight months it took to build. Our contractor was great, not so much in that he kept things from going wrong, but that he was quick to correct what did go wrong.

Most of the credit goes to my wife who worked up the floor plans while on one of our extended visits to Hawaii. Those were handed to an architect who developed working blueprints.

She also acted as our point of contact and PR with the workers, with everything going through her. I only needed to make a show of support from time to time and talked only with the contractor and his wife so that no one got mixed signals.

Our contractor and his family are still friends and we still call him when something comes up. Just the other day he saved a major bathroom refit when he devised a way to access the leaking pipes by going through the outside wall, all three layers worth. He did another great job.

• Like 1

Even i have seen your a good guy going out of your way not to offend anyone. I am much more blunt and don't mind a (verbal) confrontation.

I like your pictures and stories when i stumble across them I like your pacu pictures as a fisherman.

• Like 2

Oversee it yourself. Now there is some good advice for ya.

thanks , but the house i will build is big (about 1100 sq mtr) with a enclosed covered swimming pool , it will be our dream house , which will not just be a dream now. but I will be there quite often and I will control the purse strings . As now we are half way finished building 38 houses . But I know where you are coming from.

• Like 2

The wife and I were onsite pretty much everyday for the eight months it took to build. Our contractor was great, not so much in that he kept things from going wrong, but that he was quick to correct what did go wrong.

Most of the credit goes to my wife who worked up the floor plans while on one of our extended visits to Hawaii. Those were handed to an architect who developed working blueprints.

She also acted as our point of contact and PR with the workers, with everything going through her. I only needed to make a show of support from time to time and talked only with the contractor and his wife so that no one got mixed signals.

Our contractor and his family are still friends and we still call him when something comes up. Just the other day he saved a major bathroom refit when he devised a way to access the leaking pipes by going through the outside wall, all three layers worth. He did another great job.

our village contractor is great too, and always listens to us.And I order everything for him so I know what I am spending . The worst part of it was all the Bulls**t with the orbortor , and all the money that went under the counter. He told us the cost of the permits but 40% went to the the them.I couldnt do anything , as if i said something then all sorts of crap would have happened . So I kept quite so we could start our village.

• Like 1

Tutsi is working in the oil fields of Saudi, he won't be back until April time frame I believe.

I concur with the sentiments about Villagefarang, who will be astonished to learn that he has already met me and I didn't declare who I was.

I can be bad that way. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Its always good when people are nice rather than abusive but lets just end this with a great big round of applause to all the helpful members who mind their manners, who are actually in a great majority and yet usually unrecognized since its the obstreperous ones who usually get more attention.

Just let it be noted that those members who are well mannered and helpful are as noted by the mods (and greatly appreciated) as are the troublesome ones.

And that, I think, is enough of that.

//CLOSED//