Good American Food?

Exoticpits

He said American Breakfast in the thread if he had said American food I would of said Mc Donalds smile.png

Come in lots of Yanks eat over at Robs and swear by it I even had lunch with a good American friend the other day and only heard raving compliments from him and Rob does do a copy of Jimmie deans Sausage patties

Topic Title. rolleyes.gif Good American Food. laugh.png

your attempt at humour is bit of a sad considering the current state of the British food industry and the long tradition of quality British cuisine.

I suppose being the nation that invented the chip buttie give you lot a bit of wiggle room though.

did i mention coronation chicken? mayonnaise and curry powder -- truly groundbreaking

Isn't the sandwich an English invention?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said American Breakfast in the thread if he had said American food I would of said Mc Donalds smile.png

Come in lots of Yanks eat over at Robs and swear by it I even had lunch with a good American friend the other day and only heard raving compliments from him and Rob does do a copy of Jimmie deans Sausage patties

your attempt at humour is bit of a sad considering the current state of the British food industry and the long tradition of quality British cuisine.

I suppose being the nation that invented the chip buttie give you lot a bit of wiggle room though.

did i mention coronation chicken? mayonnaise and curry powder -- truly groundbreaking

you must be British, lol don't you know that you British sounds like idiots to us Americans.. Lol I'm just joking..lol Have you ever had BBQ ribs from Texas?? You can't find that shit anywhere in the UK

If it's Ribs your looking for you might want to try Dukes.

Oops I see Barnicale Bob beet me to it. Personally I am not a rib lover but I know a lot of them and not a one is unhappy with them. When my youngest comes to visit that is the first thing on his agenda. Can't say Pun Pun is the best but he sure will not disappoint you.

Edited by hellodolly

You know nothing about England and cuisine. Chip buttie, l believe a dish from the north, but l am from the south so can't comment on your obvious English culinary experiences. coffee1.gif
  • Like 1

the term certainly, the act of putting meat between slices of bread, not so much.

thats like saying the italians invented the noodle

Edited by candypants

the term certainly, the act of putting meat between slices of bread, not so much.

Yeah, like a taco is like a Mexican sandwich, innit, and they've had those for thousands of years. Better to call Sandwiches -- Montezumas.

The sandwich

The modern sandwich is named after Lord Sandwich, but the exact circumstances of its invention and original use are still the subject of debate. A rumour in a contemporary travel book called Tour to London by Pierre Jean Grosley formed the popular myth that bread and meat sustained Lord Sandwich at the gambling table.[20] A very conversant gambler, Lord Sandwich did not take the time to have a meal during his long hours playing at the card table. Consequently, he would ask his servants to bring him slices of meat between two slices of bread; a habit well known among his gambling friends. Because John Montagu was the Earl of Sandwich others began to order "the same as Sandwich!" - the ‘sandwich’ was born.[21] The sober alternative is provided by Sandwich's biographer, N. A. M. Rodger, who suggests Sandwich's commitments to the navy, to politics and the arts mean the first sandwich was more likely to have been consumed at his work desk. wink.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Montagu,_4th_Earl_of_Sandwich#The_sandwich

Any particular reason for being a touch on the denial side.

The sandwich

The modern sandwich is named after Lord Sandwich, but the exact circumstances of its invention and original use are still the subject of debate. A rumour in a contemporary travel book called Tour to London by Pierre Jean Grosley formed the popular myth that bread and meat sustained Lord Sandwich at the gambling table.[20] A very conversant gambler, Lord Sandwich did not take the time to have a meal during his long hours playing at the card table. Consequently, he would ask his servants to bring him slices of meat between two slices of bread; a habit well known among his gambling friends. Because John Montagu was the Earl of Sandwich others began to order "the same as Sandwich!" - the ‘sandwich’ was born.[21] The sober alternative is provided by Sandwich's biographer, N. A. M. Rodger, who suggests Sandwich's commitments to the navy, to politics and the arts mean the first sandwich was more likely to have been consumed at his work desk. wink.png

http://en.wikipedia....ch#The_sandwich

Impressive stuff. Surely any good Englishman would be proud of such a great achievement in the culinary field.

The French are livid with resentment. They don't mind the Italians beating them to world shaking culinary delights. But an Englishman. Well that's just not cricket.

• Like 1

Lookin for good chicken fried steaks!!

Dukes has them i think, been wanting one myself, must be a Texas thing - from Houston myself

Aint nothing like Southern cooking ! Saw a place by Chang Puak gate that had a sign that said tacos, gumbo, ribs...outside looked like a diner. For Mexican checkout Miguels.

• Like 1

Lookin for good chicken fried steaks!!

Dukes has them i think, been wanting one myself, must be a Texas thing - from Houston myself

Aint nothing like Southern cooking ! Saw a place by Chang Puak gate that had a sign that said tacos, gumbo, ribs...outside looked like a diner. For Mexican checkout Miguels.

Yes my wife loves Quasi Dias (sorry about the spelling I am completely clueless on that) I like Nachos. Miguel's has great Nachos I much prefer them to Dukes. On the other hand Dukes has great Quasi Dias far better than Miguel's. So when going for Mexican food we have to alternate between the two of them.

One post about moderation has been deleted. Remember, from the forum rules:

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy. Members should not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

You asked where you could get a Good American Breakfast and later asked about Texas BBQ ribs and Chicken fried steak.

Answer: The best American Breakfast and the best Chicken fried steak for me are at Pun Pun who is an advertiser on this site. When you go to Pun Puns ask about the super chicken fried steak breakfast. He came up with that one just for me.

For BBQ ribs I go to the Dukes Riverside.

OP, hello from a fellow Texan!

I second Barnacle Bob's recommendation. Pun Pun has the absolute best Chicken Fried Steak in town!

The bacon topped Chicken Fried Chicken at the Dukes (river branch) is also pretty dam_n good!

For burgers, I like Chiang Mai Saloon. The Northern Farms beef burger tastes much better than the more expensive Aussie beef import... Also, make sure you go to the Loi Kroh branch only, as the other branch inside the moat always undercooks the burgers.

For Mexican food, the best you are going to find is Miguels, next to the moat. (The Plaza 89 branch is ok, but ground beef recipe doesn't seem to be consistant and the flavor periodically changes).

The best Pizza is Koh Lanta Pizza off of Nimmanhaemin Soi 5.

-Mestizo

American food... yeah!

New England Clam Chowder! Lobster boil, with corn on the cob! New York Pizza! Lean pastrami on rye! Jambalaya! Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravey! Nathan's Hot Dogs! California Roll! Hero, hoagie, submarine, wedgie, !! Philly Cheese Steak !Po'boy! Brats boiled in beer!! Smithfield Ham! Geoduck clams! Grits! Crawfish boil!! Dirty Rice! Collard Greens!

oh, and chicken-fried steak too!

You on a roll bro.. That's what I'm talkin about! These Brits will never understand... Loaded potatoes skins with a huge 5 lbs steak!! Yum!!!

• Like 1

American food... yeah!

New England Clam Chowder! Lobster boil, with corn on the cob! New York Pizza! Lean pastrami on rye! Jambalaya! Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravey! Nathan's Hot Dogs! California Roll! Hero, hoagie, submarine, wedgie, !! Philly Cheese Steak !Po'boy! Brats boiled in beer!! Smithfield Ham! Geoduck clams! Grits! Crawfish boil!! Dirty Rice! Collard Greens!

oh, and chicken-fried steak too!

You on a roll bro.. That's what I'm talkin about! These Brits will never understand... Loaded potatoes skins with a huge 5 lbs steak!! Yum!!!

There's nothing wrong with a good British Fry-up breakfast, but there are three meals (at least) to every day. And there no place on earth where the VARIETY of cuisines can be found as in the Good Ol' U.S. of A! Each region has completely different foods that call it home; New England, Southern Style, Lousiana Cajun Cookin', Tex-Mex, Mid-west meat-and-potatoes, California Nuveau, Great Lakes German and Scandinavian, Pennsylvania Dutch... Sure, fried bread with beans and black pudding is nice, but how many times a day can you eat the stuff?!? ROTFL!

• Like 2

I second Barnacle Bob's recommendation. Pun Pun has the absolute best Chicken Fried Steak in town!

On one thread, I seem to remember seeing a picture displaying Pun Pun's chicken fried steak.

I must say it looked good and it was a huge portion!