Best Hot Sauce Ever Chipotele Made In Thailand

ARISTIDE

This is the current status of my desk as I eat at my desk so I have five bottles of hot sauce going at the same time. This one "Dix Chipotle smoked pepper sauce" kick ass! I Like Crystal bettter than garlic Tabasco but I like all of them generally.

If you know me from Chiang Mai forum I have no association what so ever with whoever that made this Dix Chipotle.

post-131333-0-11103500-1361264183_thumb.

I use them in my baked beans and bacon.

Must be honest, don't understand why folk put this stuff on food and cannot taste the meat or sea food. But must add l can't understand why folk put this stuff on the delicate taste of Lobster. sad.png

¡Buena suerte! and all to the good folks in Chiang Rai but Tabasco and Crystal sauces are some of the few genuine American originals that are readily available in Thailand.

from the Tabasco.com website:

The pepper mash is placed in white oak barrels, and the wooden tops of the barrels are then covered with more Avery Island salt, which acts as a natural barrier to protect the barrels’ contents. The mash is allowed to ferment and then age
for up to three years
in the McIlhenny warehouse.

... a lot of patience involved to get that flavor.

• 3 weeks later...

I've never seen the Dix brand of chipotle sauce on any grocery shelves here in BKK.

Be interested to try it... But I don't think it's any relation to Don's Foods sauces...

Don's have their own chipotle sauce in 90 ml bottles that, as mentioned, are sold at at least some Foodland markets in BKK.

They also do a jalapeno sauce in the same size and price. But after using both over time, I find myself liking the chipotle more, as it seems stronger and more flavorful. Their jalapeno strikes me as being a bit weak and diluted for what I'd prefer.

A great accompaniment to eggs in the morning for breakfast.

post-58284-0-37453100-1362893870_thumb.j

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK