2 Begging Monks In Bophut Area

Beware there is two begging monks in the Bophut area. This morning they were standing outside my house waiting patiently for a donation until I told them to go away. Later I found they did the same thing at the girlfriends office later in the morning, unfortunately she was doped and handed over 200baht, of course no receipt.. Wish I got a photo..

They looked a dubious pair, and their style of soliciting donations by not going away until they got something made it pretty obvious to me..

Edited by samuilocal123

Probably actually doped.. smile.png It's pretty clear to Thai people what legit monks do and don't do. She may not be Thai of course. rolleyes.gif

Impersonating a monk by the way is a somewhat serious offense, I doubt this will go very far.

Then again in Chiang Mai for a while we had some Chinese/Tibetan looking monk dude walking around requesting donations. I don't know how those go about their ways so not sure if he was even legit; was dressed very different from Thai monks of course.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

they do wait outside premises waiting for a possible food handout. Nothing wrong with that. Are you sure they are "begging for money"?

I've heard they never bother hanging around outside your office. rolleyes.gif

cheesy.gif nailed him....

Edited by BangrakBob