Oz In Decline

Well they were certainly rubbish against South Africa! 90 odd all out, a total embarrassment! Compare that with the supper showing of the English in India, the hardest place to win. Half the team injured and yet they are favourites going into the last day!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well they were certainly rubbish against South Africa! 90 odd all out, a total embarrassment! Compare that with the supper showing of the English in India, the hardest place to win. Half the team injured and yet they are favourites going into the last day!

I guess a day is a long time in the cricket forcasting business. Australia beat the Yarpies in the third ODI with a solid all round performance. :D

Meanwhile, England must have taken an early supper on the last day because they couldn't roll the Indian batsmen and the game ended in a draw. :o

I guess a day is a long time in the cricket forcasting business. Australia beat the Yarpies in the third ODI with a solid all round performance. :D

Meanwhile, England must have taken an early supper on the last day because they couldn't roll the Indian batsmen and the game ended in a draw. :D

Not being a fan of australian cricket in general , thought it worthwhile to make the comment, so the aussies lost a couple of matches its just a glitch,, they have a wealth of young talent coming through, they are in process of building a team, even playing as they are at the moment they are still the best in the world!!england have their odd flashes of brilliance but lack the killer instinct to clinically finish off opposing teams , so they will always be nearly the best,Cant believe it Moi defending australian cricket :D Blaim udon!! he has finally got me brainwashed :o Nignoy

Meanwhile, England must have taken an early supper on the last day because they couldn't roll the Indian batsmen and the game ended in a draw. :D

Not being a fan of australian cricket in general , thought it worthwhile to make the comment, so the aussies lost a couple of matches its just a glitch,, they have a wealth of young talent coming through, they are in process of building a team, even playing as they are at the moment they are still the best in the world!!england have their odd flashes of brilliance but lack the killer instinct to clinically finish off opposing teams , so they will always be nearly the best,Cant believe it Moi defending australian cricket :D Blaim udon!! he has finally got me brainwashed :o Nignoy

Thought I would never see the day when Nignoy would say something positive about Oz.

Or maybe I have had too many changs last night and am just imagining all this.

Sezzo :D

The biggest problem with Ozzie cricket is the selectors. No consistency, resting star players for no logical reason, pushing in up and coming youngsters far too early etc.

A team needs to bond and they can't bond well with so many different players coming into the team over short periods of time.

The current board of selectors haven't got a clue. :o

The biggest problem with Ozzie cricket is the selectors. No consistency, resting star players for no logical reason, pushing in up and coming youngsters far too early etc.

A team needs to bond and they can't bond well with so many different players coming into the team over short periods of time.

What do you expect when they make Merv Hughes a selector! No doubt one of the funniest guys on the planet to get pissed with in the outer during a good game, but picking the side? :D

Nignoy - cobber!

Edited by Old Croc

What do you expect when they make Merv Hughes a selector! No doubt one of the funniest guys on the planet to get pissed with in the outer during a good game, but picking the side? :D

Nignoy - cobber!

Som nom na :D

Not being a fan of australian cricket in general , thought it worthwhile to make the comment, so the aussies lost a couple of matches its just a glitch,, they have a wealth of young talent coming through, they are in process of building a team, even playing as they are at the moment they are still the best in the world!!england have their odd flashes of brilliance but lack the killer instinct to clinically finish off opposing teams , so they will always be nearly the best,Cant believe it Moi defending australian cricket :D Blaim udon!! he has finally got me brainwashed :D Nignoy

Thought I would never see the day when Nignoy would say something positive about Oz.

Or maybe I have had too many changs last night and am just imagining all this.

Sezzo :D

Next time I am in Amnat you can by me a pint of sherbet :D I am Really a dinky di convert you know,just love winding you aussies up :o you bite so easily!!have often said was the best move we ever made , and through my work believe me , we moved a lot, some govt,s were not quite so understanding :D south africa, turkey and the seychelles to name but 3 countries that have struck me off their xmas card list :D we were always going to spend the twilight of our lives in Los , moving to Oz was just an added bonus, now we have best of both worlds, but so long the pacemaker holds up will try my best to keep our colonial readers awake and Alert ( Qld needs Lerts) Nignoy

but we can at least pretend!

5th and deciding ODI starts 4pm BKK time and my plan is to be seated at the bar in soi 7/1 ( down under bar ) to watch 2 of the best cricketing nations in the world battle it out.

( Qld needs Lerts)

is that FNQ or northern nsw you are refering to? :D:o

Nignoy,

Always up for a coldie. Just let me know when and where.

Will be interested in seeing the face of the Ozzie basher that has kept me amused for the past couple of years.

Sezzo :o

If I get the all clear to travel from the Prince Charles next month, we should be up in Leong nok tha in early may, have you ever come across Heinz Gunther from Ban kok sam rahn , or scouse edwards from kham duai, we usually get together when I am in Leong, have you ever visited the airfield there??dont worry about the coldie , got a good stash of Carlton middies and Warsteiner pils in the village and our home made Bundy is not to be sneezed at, so next time the sherbets are on me!! :D Nignoy

Well, i think the Ozzies will be very dissaponted with todays batting performance. The team from 5 years ago would hace built much more heavily on the platform crated by the umpires.

I can see SA chasing this average score down to take the series 3:2!

Well, i think the Ozzies will be very dissaponted with todays batting performance. The team from 5 years ago would hace built much more heavily on the platform crated by the umpires.

Australia in South Africa ODI Series - 5th ODI

Played at New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg, on 12 March 2006 (50-over match)

Australia innings (maximum 50 overs) R M B 4s 6s SR

AC Gilchrist c Hall b Telemachus 55 70 44 9 0 125.00

SM Katich c Telemachus b Ntini 79 135 90 9 1 87.77

RT Ponting c Dippenaar b Telemachus 164 151 105 13 9 156.19

MEK Hussey c Ntini b Hall 81 75 51 9 3 158.82

A Symonds not out 27 23 13 3 1 207.69

B Lee not out 9 12 7 0 0 128.57

Extras (lb 4, w 5, nb 10) 19

Total (4 wickets; 49.6 overs; 225 mins) 434

Here's the world record scorecard for you Walter (Mitty). Oz in decline - hah!!! :o:D

Hows England going in India?

Edited by Old Croc

Here's the world record scorecard for you Walter (Mitty). Oz in decline - hah!!! :D:D

55555555555 :o:D:D

Just saw the score, cannot believe it! Just for you Old Croc (of sh**) ive copied the Ausie bowling figures. Takes some reading!!

Bowling O M R W

Lee 7.5 0 68 1 (3nb, 1w)

Bracken 10 0 67 5

Clark 6 0 54 0

Lewis 10 0 113 0 (1nb, 1w)

Symonds 9 0 75 2

Clarke 7 0 49 1

no hard feelings hey? Let the ashes commence ASAP!

Highest limited-overs totals

1. 438-9: (49.5 overs) South Africa beat Australia in Johannesburg, 2006

2. 434-4 (50 overs) Australia lost to South Africa in Johannesburg, 2006

3. 398-5 (50 overs) Sri Lanka beat Kenya in Kandy, 1996

4. 397-5 (44 overs) New Zealand beat Zimbabwe in Bulawayo, 2005

5. 391-4 (50 overs) England beat Bangladesh in Nottingham, 2005

6. 376-2 (50 overs) India beat New Zealand in Hyderabad, 1999

7. 373-6 (50 overs) India beat Sri Lanka in Taunton, 1999

8. 371-9 (50 overs) Pakistan beat Sri Lanka in Nairobi, 1996

9. 368-5 (50 overs) Australia beat Sri Lanka in Sydney, 2006

10. 363-7 (55 overs) England beat Pakistan in Nottingham, 1992

11. 363-3 (50 overs) South Africa beat Zimbabwe in Bulawayo, 2001.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/commo...5001505,00.html

what a game

well done south africa - I did not think it could be done

Was a great game , such high scores by both sides, was a credit to the sport,after such a performance by both teams , I think the end result was fair but not all that important, no doubt lots of my fellow lancastrians will be over the moon , we will see when they come to the Gabba :o nignoy

Here's the world record scorecard for you Walter (Mitty). Oz in decline - hah!!! :D:D

55555555555 :o:D:D

Just saw the score, cannot believe it! Just for you Old Croc (of sh**) ive copied the Ausie bowling figures. Takes some reading!!

Bowling O M R W

Lee 7.5 0 68 1 (3nb, 1w)

Bracken 10 0 67 5

Clark 6 0 54 0

Lewis 10 0 113 0 (1nb, 1w)

Symonds 9 0 75 2

Clarke 7 0 49 1

no hard feelings hey? Let the ashes commence ASAP!

Fair cop Mittheimp! :D

I, like the Aussie team, thought it was just a matter of going through the motions after setting a score like that. :D

It was an incredible game, great to watch. It could have gone either way until the second last ball.

Well done Yarpies, some crap bowling by us. Therein lies the decline in our playing stocks. Without McGrath bowling miserly at one end the rest look ordinary. I'm not sure who's pushing Lewis at this level, but for me he's never had it. Hopefully, he can take his world record worst bowling home and never return.

Pontings decision to bowl Lewis right out near the end was mystifying.

At least it took a world record to beat Australia!

England faded badly in the second innings of the second test and were beaten by 9 wickets by India. England down 1-0 in the series to decide the second ranked side in the world!!

Edited by Old Croc

England faded badly in the second innings of the second test and were beaten by 9 wickets by India. England down 1-0 in the series to decide the second ranked side in the world!!

I didn't think that the Poms scored any records when they took the Ashes? :o

We are letting the poms borrow the ashessince we've had it for so long.

Enjoy it while you can because its gonna be a long time before you see it again :D

Up to your old tricks Chuckok :D Re-arranging other members posts to make them seem to say something else. :D

Where is Australian sport going? I'm just now watching Kosta Tzyu, dressed in sparkles, tripping his way around the dance floor in "Dancing with the Stars".

No wonder that pissy little pom beat him :D:D

:o

I didn't think that the Poms scored any records when they took the Ashes? :D

Up to your old tricks Chuckok :D Re-arranging other members posts to make them seem to say something else. :D

Where is Australian sport going? I'm just now watching Kosta Tzyu, dressed in sparkles, tripping his way around the dance floor in "Dancing with the Stars".

No wonder that pissy little pom beat him :D:D

not too much rearrangement needed really !

Hook line and sinker...... :D

1. 438-9: (49.5 overs) South Africa beat Australia in Johannesburg, 2006

2. 434-4 (50 overs) Australia lost to South Africa in Johannesburg, 2006

3. 398-5 (50 overs) Sri Lanka beat Kenya in Kandy, 1996

4. 397-5 (44 overs) New Zealand beat Zimbabwe in Bulawayo, 2005

5. 391-4 (50 overs) England beat Bangladesh in Nottingham, 2005

6. 376-2 (50 overs) India beat New Zealand in Hyderabad, 1999

7. 373-6 (50 overs) India beat Sri Lanka in Taunton, 1999

8. 371-9 (50 overs) Pakistan beat Sri Lanka in Nairobi, 1996

9. 368-5 (50 overs) Australia beat Sri Lanka in Sydney, 2006

10. 363-7 (55 overs) England beat Pakistan in Nottingham, 1992

11. 363-3 (50 overs) South Africa beat Zimbabwe in Bulawayo, 2001.

Did you all notice that everyone of those scores was a winning score....except one...

Oz may well hold the highest losing total for a long time, But I reckon the highest winning total wont be held by SA for that long.... :o:D

Also noticed that England needed 55 overs in a game just to make the list...... :D