I Phone 4 Unlocked

Scully

A friend gave me an i phone4 which he lost in the UK and claimed on the insurance before he found it. I took it to a shop in Thailand and now I turn it on put in a security code and any sim card works. They say it will work in the UK also, has anyone else heard of this, is it legal, would a Thai phone shop want to buy it?

Thanks but technology and iphones are Greek to me.

Where did you get it unlocked scully i have i phone 4 here that is locked in with o2 and when i called them to ask if the would unlock it for me they said yes but it would take 10 working days so i waited two weeks and called them back and they then told me the phone had to be in the uk for them to be able to do it so i sort of gave up.I tried Tuc Com(pattaya) with no success thanks.

jailbreak can't unlock an iphone 4 unless it is on the first baseband 01.59.00, if your iphone 4 is on baseband 04.10.01 maximum then a gevey sim is for you.

if your baseband is higher than that, you have to go through an official apple unlock but this doesn't work for stolen phones.

Where did you get it unlocked scully i have i phone 4 here that is locked in with o2 and when i called them to ask if the would unlock it for me they said yes but it would take 10 working days so i waited two weeks and called them back and they then told me the phone had to be in the uk for them to be able to do it so i sort of gave up.I tried Tuc Com(pattaya) with no success thanks.

I went to about 20 shop's around Udon Thani all quoting around 6000baht, I nearly gave up when a girl i used to know said she would do it for 2000. It took two days, and was t-mobile.

I like the phone but have a HTC desire which I prefer as Its huge screen is good for internet.

Do shops buy them? how much buy for? or do i just keep as spare phone,

Mate ... the quoting thingie is mucked up at the moment.

One of the issues you will find is that most likely the and shop might not

be interested as presuming all the stuff on the phone is in English and while,

I'm sure there are programs out there to download stuff in Thai, the 2nd

reseller's market is almost exclusively Thai ... hence maybe little or no

interest.

I gave one of my older netbook computers to the Thai Family but had to

change some things so it worked for them.

But stickers to put on the keys etc to indicate the Thai key equivalents.

Back to the phone ... I know my English based phone has no capacity (in

standard form) for typing in Thai

• Like 1

Mate ... the quoting thingie is mucked up at the moment.

One of the issues you will find is that most likely the and shop might not

be interested as presuming all the stuff on the phone is in English and while,

I'm sure there are programs out there to download stuff in Thai, the 2nd

reseller's market is almost exclusively Thai ... hence maybe little or no

interest.

I gave one of my older netbook computers to the Thai Family but had to

change some things so it worked for them.

But stickers to put on the keys etc to indicate the Thai key equivalents.

Back to the phone ... I know my English based phone has no capacity (in

standard form) for typing in Thai

You are dead right I tried to sell a nokia once and was stared at like I had to heads becaause it was English

You are dead right I tried to sell a nokia once and was stared at like I had to heads because it was English, gave it to a Half ThaI half English kid.

What I will do is go to AIS or is it AIC and change the big Thai sim to a micro sim and use the iphone in Thailand and my HTC when at home. Giving them both a longer life, thanks everyone I changed a sim before free of charge so nothing to lose.

Oh and sorry if I don't give many like's I give about 5 a day, purely lazy and forgetful.

Edited by Scully

jailbreak can't unlock an iphone 4 unless it is on the first baseband 01.59.00, if your iphone 4 is on baseband 04.10.01 maximum then a gevey sim is for you.

if your baseband is higher than that, you have to go through an official apple unlock but this doesn't work for stolen phones.

Thanks guys i just checked and my phones 04.10.01 but its not stolen just locked to 02 and cant be unlocked(by 02) unless its in uk i might just send it home as i already bought another i phone 4s when i lived in the philippines.Whats a gevey sim and where can i get one.

Thanks guys i just checked and my phones 04.10.01 but its not stolen just locked to 02 and cant be unlocked(by 02) unless its in uk i might just send it home as i already bought another i phone 4s when i lived in the philippines.Whats a gevey sim and where can i get one.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gevey+sim will be available at every mobile phone shop for around 1K.

• 2 weeks later...

I know a place in Chiangmai that did exactly the same thing with a mate's Iphone that he sent me. Unlocked for networks and unblocked as reported stolen and IMEI code needs resetting. Only way to do this in this case is tech guys take the phone apart and replace a chip inside. Including jailbreak cost 3500.

• 11 months later...

A friend gave me an i phone4 which he lost in the UK and claimed on the insurance before he found it. I took it to a shop in Thailand and now I turn it on put in a security code and any sim card works. They say it will work in the UK also, has anyone else heard of this, is it legal, would a Thai phone shop want to buy it?

Thanks but technology and iphones are Greek to me.

By an online provider like MobileUnlockSolutions.com or by the unlocking service of a software you can unlock your iPhone 4 mobile from any GSM sim network .Unlocking a mobile phone is legal in most countries now, the ban is lifted.