Recent Applications For Uk Visit Visa Re. Translation Of Documents.

I would be interested to hear from applicants for a UK visit visa within the last 12 months.

Last year the requirement for documents to be translated into English were a little more relaxed than seems to be the case this year. Last year we included a translated copy of our marriage certificate (so that is not a problem), but for documents such as Tabien Baahn and Chanote's, we just included Thai versions.

Translation of the Tabien Baahn, I think would be straight forward, but a Chanote may be more problematic.

Has anyone had translations of these documents done in order to include them in the visa application?

I have not been involved in a UK visa application in the last 9 months, but.............

Official UKBA guidance says, AFAIK always has done, that any documents not in English should be accompanied by a certified English translation.

However, anecdotal evidence suggests that some official documents, such as Tabien Bahns, are ok without a translation.

My advice; better to submit a translation which is not required than not submit one which is.

I have not been involved in a UK visa application in the last 9 months, but.............

Official UKBA guidance says, AFAIK always has done, that any documents not in English should be accompanied by a certified English translation.

However, anecdotal evidence suggests that some official documents, such as Tabien Bahns, are ok without a translation.

My advice; better to submit a translation which is not required than not submit one which is.

Thank you 7by7...

That has been the premise that I have worked on for the last three years,and I, myself, have given the same advice to enquiries regarding translation of Thai documents. However, I thought that I had recently seen advice from you that the requirement for translation was recently incorporated into the regulations and not just in the guidance. Or was this just for settlement and not for visit visas.

my wife used the paper for the condos, her Tambian Baan (excuse spelling) and marriage certificate, all in Thai, no translations.

For my MIL we used papers from her house, Tambian Baan and her pay statement all in Thai no translations done.

At the moment we are getting a few things translated as required to prove relationship at the Italian Embassy, only cost 200 per document to translate and 200 per page at MFA

my wife used the paper for the condos, her Tambian Baan (excuse spelling) and marriage certificate, all in Thai, no translations.

For my MIL we used papers from her house, Tambian Baan and her pay statement all in Thai no translations done.

At the moment we are getting a few things translated as required to prove relationship at the Italian Embassy, only cost 200 per document to translate and 200 per page at MFA

Thanks Beano...

I'm sure that the Tabien Baan is no problem to translate, what I was concerned with was translation of a Chanote, if anyone had had one translated into English

I got everything translated as I was advised to do so, I had a problem with making the appointment on time because of the translations so I called them and asked if I could submit translations later on in the day, the woman I spoke to asked what visa I was applying for ( tourist visa general visit ) and she told me no translations were needed, I still submitted the ones I had anyway and we got the visa. I guess what I am saying is give them a phone call and they will tell you what you need.

Trying is the first step towards failure. --Homer Simpson

Thank you everyone...

We have applied for visit visas previously and not submitted translations, except marriage documents, and had no problem. It looks like the situation is still much the same in that they are not required

Thank you 7by7...

That has been the premise that I have worked on for the last three years,and I, myself, have given the same advice to enquiries regarding translation of Thai documents. However, I thought that I had recently seen advice from you that the requirement for translation was recently incorporated into the regulations and not just in the guidance. Or was this just for settlement and not for visit visas.

To be honest, I can't recall.

However, I am sure that my advice has always been as above.

My wife applied last week,I noticed that translations were required to be either in English or Welsh and was sorely tempted to get a mate to translate some document to Welsh for me. I'm sure they employ Thais that can read Thai documents but to expect every embassy in the world to have Welsh speakers employed?

Also the website and application goes on endlessly about original documents and although the missus took them all along with the copies they weren't intersted in them at all.

My wife applied last week,I noticed that translations were required to be either in English or Welsh and was sorely tempted to get a mate to translate some document to Welsh for me. I'm sure they employ Thais that can read Thai documents but to expect every embassy in the world to have Welsh speakers employed?

Also the website and application goes on endlessly about original documents and although the missus took them all along with the copies they weren't intersted in them at all.

Previously, the VFS staff have checked the originals, returned them to my wife and left the copies in with the submitted documents

Your comments about Welsh are most appropriate...