Pattaya Set For Phone Booth Upgrades

Rimmer

Pattaya set for Phone Booth upgrades

phone-7.jpg

PATTAYA:--A decline in the use of Phone Booths around Pattaya has led a leading
Telecommunications company to rethink the use of the booths which could
become mini multimedia centers in the future.

On Thursday afternoon we spoke with Khun Jirasak, the Manager of the
TOT Office in Central Pattaya who acknowledges the poor state of nearly
800 Booths operated by them in the Pattaya area. He revealed that the
decline in their use continues as mobile phones become cheaper to buy
and use.

Many of the booths around Pattaya are in a poor state of repair and
rubbish is often left near booths and sometimes is not collected by
refuse collectors for many weeks.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/75899/pattaya-set-phone-booth-upgrades/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-02-22

TOT have revealed that each booth generates an average income of 700 Baht per month

I'm surprised anyone still use phone booths. Who doesn't have some sort of a mobile phone these days, or at least a friend who can lend them one?

Converting them to media centers is of course an option, but aren't there already plenty internet shops that fill this need? The phone booths are usually taking up valuable space on the sidewalk that could be used to sell more junk to tourists. w00t.gif

• Like 1

Give the sidewalks back to pedestrians...

May be City Hall should think about getting ride of all the obstacles from the side walk like Phone Booths, Utility Poles, Utility Boxes, Street Vender's, etc so one can walk 50 yards with out having to walk in the road.

• Like 1

Turn them into Teleportation units, if Thai scientists/engineers don’t know how to do that then the other option is to make them into shower cubicles for street people.

Of course they could scrap them, but that would be showing far too much logic.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/everyday-myths/teleportation.htm

(I have a phone booth directly opposite my house and in the 4 years I have been here, I have only seen some teenagers try to break into the coin box, I have never seen anyone use the phone NOT ONCE)

Edited by newermonkey

Make them a little bigger, put a pay to enter timed lock on them, blacken out the windows, install bed, have vending machine for clean disposable paper "linen" and other essentials etc etc

You mean You do not have to carry a coat to use as curtains and do it standing up ... giggle.gif

Make them a little bigger, put a pay to enter timed lock on them, blacken out the windows, install bed, have vending machine for clean disposable paper "linen" and other essentials etc etc

Are you talking about a 'short-time' encounter? rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Give the sidewalks back to pedestrians...

May be City Hall should think about getting ride of all the obstacles from the side walk like Phone Booths, Utility Poles, Utility Boxes, Street Vender's, etc so one can walk 50 yards with out having to walk in the road.

I agree in toto,