Bkk>>>europe

johnnyk

I am also waiting to buy a ticket for my GF to travel to london at the end of april.I have searched but can find nothing flying direct under about 43000 baht,but I can fly to thailand with Eva and Thai for about £400 inc tax (28000 baht) UNFAIR ISN'T IT !!!!!

the cheapest to London or Frankfurt or Paris will be KUWAIT AIRWAYS, in 95% of the cases..... their fare is about 19.500 plus Taxes at the moment.

the Problem is, the flight BKK-KUW is fully booked most of the times, as the flight begins at Manila and when arriving at BKK, is already packed with guest-workers from the Phils, working in Kuwait or middle-East-countries. the flights from KUW to Europe are usually just 50-70% full, I always managed to get a 4-seat bench to have a nap..... but dont expect an unforgettable flight experience, this airline is mediocre in many ways (a nasty thing is in particular, the religious police will sniffle in ur hand-luggage before they let u inside the departure gate at BKK airport) ..... but as I usually only book one-ways, its by far the cheapest option.... and if fly them, dont forget to register to their Frequent-Flyer-System first, as one return flight to Europe will earn you about 12.000 miles which is already enough for a one-way redemption ticket BKK-Manila or BKK-Jakarta (7.500 miles one way, 15.000 miles return).

Gulf Air comes next, usually around 24.000 Baht plus Taxes, and they undoubtfully play in a "higher league", though still far away from most of the South-East-Asian Airlines. Sometimes their mostly East-European cabin-crew can surprise u with a rude "Soviet-Union-service-attitude" from the 70ies..... but its all MAIBPENRAI :o

Edited by AsiaWolfie

I've booked with Mike at Green Travel about 4 or 5 return trips to australia before and I've found the service to be good and the prices are always better if I call around to check.

Green Travel is a short moto trip from Surasak BTS. Mike is a thai guy who I believe owns the business and speaks very good english (for those of you who have called around looking for prices on flights, you know exactly what I'm talking about).

www.greentravel2000.com for more info.