Nong Khai Secure Parking For Visa Run

patongphil

Don't know about security but there is a place just before the bridge I use for day trips. Have people there. Can't remember the cost but it's not a lot. Drive up to bridge and it's on the left turning just before the last terrace of shops, the road also gives access to them.

Go up to the bridge, take the last U-turn, come back about 200mtrs, look for tuk tuks parked on the left side,drive in, you have 7-11 on your right side, in front you will see securs parking, about 100bht a night, the boss man can also arange a taxi/mini-bus to pick you up on Laos side if you want,,

Do the bridge. Just make sure you are licensed and have insurance. Heck, I used to drive in Mexico ... enjoy the thrill.

Quite oversimplified!

Should mention that you need a special "purple" car registration from the Amphoe plus the "T" sign (also only distruibuted at the Amphoe).

Driving is OK towards Vientiane, but road conditions on the countrside are even worse than in Thailand.

Right hand traffic not to forget (you sit on the "wrong side").

Definitely not worth the hassle just for a visarun!

Makes sense only if you want to tour the country.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Do the bridge. Just make sure you are licensed and have insurance. Heck, I used to drive in Mexico ... enjoy the thrill.

Quite oversimplified!

Should mention that you need a special "purple" car registration from the Amphoe plus the "T" sign (also only distruibuted at the Amphoe).

Driving is OK towards Vientiane, but road conditions on the countrside are even worse than in Thailand.

Right hand traffic not to forget (you sit on the "wrong side").

Definitely not worth the hassle just for a visarun!

Makes sense only if you want to tour the country.

do you mean purple registration from the amphoe and T sign delivery in nong khai or delivery where your car have registred plate ??

They have in recent months been controlling the parking situation a lot more. Right at the bridge there is not any place to park long term (more than a couple of hours) if there is a guard watching traffic. About 100 metres before the bridge on your right hand side you will see a 7/11 (as previous poster has stated) is an all day/night parking area. Day time is 50baht to 10pm overnight is about 100 baht per night but have never parked there overnight myself.

Area is relatively safe as plenty of traffic at all hours.

You could also check with the Pantawee Hotel as they ahve in the past let people park for a fee (do not know the cost) and then take a tuk tuk to the bridge.