Chiang Mai.

coldcrush

Hiya CM ppl,

I am looking for a friend to buy a house/apatrment in CM. Could anyone advise me on this matter, estate agents etc... 1.3 million Thai baht, not alot but I bought one in Lamapng for that price so there must be something worth while out there. The websites I have looked on are not so good.

Somewhere on the outskirts would be good.

thanks all :o

Edited by lopburiguy

Motorbike is the only way.

Drive round to all the condo blocks you can see and ask at reception, and look around for signs, talk to friends, read the free mag adverts etc etc.

Not at all happy with agents, high prices, high commission etc.

Whilst looking at the condo blocks if you see a block you think is a place you could live put up an advert asking if any are for sale. Some people even shove papers under every door asking if you want to sell.

Receptionists that say nothing is for sale mean **they** don't have anything for sale, others might. In Hillside 4 I was told there were no units for sale or rent - believe that if you will.

Thai speaking is very helpful, and being able to read "for sale" on a notice (that's easy to remember).

Hi,

I live in the Bpaa Daet area, 2 miles due South of CM city Centre.

It's a small Moo Baan about 30 houses I guess.

I know for a fact that there are at least 3 houses for sale in the mooban.

I rent mine for 6500B a month (was unfurnished) at the time they asked if I wanted to buy, first price asked was a straight 1 milllion baht.

3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom ensuite main bedroom, 1 shower room/WC up stairs, 1 down stairs. 2 balconies, kitchen and very large living room downstairs, small garden. driveway.

Only downside I can think of immediately is the Ping broke its banks last year and we did get flooded, but nowhere near high enuff to come in the house, was 3 or 4 days of fun actually and I didn't have to water the garden :o

Lots of house for the money, I am happier renting cos I wouild rather not have 1mBaht capital tied up in a house that will surely not go up in value in the next few years (in CM at least)

PM me if you would like more specific directions on how to get here to have a look around.

Good luck

Rich.

Come on people add some houses outskirts or highway Chaing Mai 2 weeks before it needs to be done!

:o

i don't really get your question but there was a lot of discussion here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60917

if san kampheng is your choice area, then IMHO, Sivalai Village 3 seems to have the right price for a good lot with beautiful house. Absolutely no idea about any other areas.

(i am not a broker, i am not a salesman, i am in no way associated with the developers, and you are all grown ups in deciding whats best for your money, after all we live in chiang mai :D good deal!)