Bmw Vehicle Subsidy/marketing Funds

Digger

When I looked at buying a new car about 4 years ago, I recall at BMW, they let slip that they had available from memory some 400K of subsidy funding. Basically what the salesman was saying was that if I had a P/exchange he would increase the traders price by that amount, or otherwise construct some kind of deal where he could use this value to mean a lower price for buying a new BMW, without actually making an official discount which BMW did not permit. This would be similar to what other premium brands do in Europe and I assume the US.

I didn't go with a BMW when I was looking before but I would be interested to know if anyone is aware if this programme is still in place. I'm not really interested in selling my car privately and would be happier just trading it through a dealer, albeit the low-ball figure some of these clowns throw out are outrageous which is why I am keen to see what BMW current position is. Likely would be a BMW 330 or 325 I would go for.

• 4 weeks later...
When I looked at buying a new car about 4 years ago, I recall at BMW, they let slip that they had available from memory some 400K of subsidy funding. Basically what the salesman was saying was that if I had a P/exchange he would increase the traders price by that amount, or otherwise construct some kind of deal where he could use this value to mean a lower price for buying a new BMW, without actually making an official discount which BMW did not permit. This would be similar to what other premium brands do in Europe and I assume the US.

I didn't go with a BMW when I was looking before but I would be interested to know if anyone is aware if this programme is still in place. I'm not really interested in selling my car privately and would be happier just trading it through a dealer, albeit the low-ball figure some of these clowns throw out are outrageous which is why I am keen to see what BMW current position is. Likely would be a BMW 330 or 325 I would go for.