Fulltime Nursery In Bkk For 3 Year Old

Thailand1977

Are there any English speaking Nursery's/Kindergartens close near a BTS/MRT station in BKK that cost in the region of 5-6000GBP per year, for fulltime.

Seen a few for about 10,000GBP per year and i know the pound is weak but i'd find cheaper places in central London or at some of the best private schools in the Home Counties.

Looks like it will be either London or Surrey then. You would be better off trying to find a school for your child, that way they would learn rather than play. The schools admit children here at 3 years old as long as the child can go to the toilet themselves, ie no nappies. Hundreds of schools in Bangkok, depends on your budget and where you live.

Looks like it will be either London or Surrey then. You would be better off trying to find a school for your child, that way they would learn rather than play. The schools admit children here at 3 years old as long as the child can go to the toilet themselves, ie no nappies. Hundreds of schools in Bangkok, depends on your budget and where you live.

Im quite happy for her just to play, being happy and having fun is the priority at this age, i'll leave it to the Asians to have child proteges by the age of 4.

But im surprised there isn't an abundance of schools or nursery's at 250,000-300,000 bht range.

I am not yet in BKK so would live anywhere close to a BTS MRT station.

bts thong lor. Google Wells International Kindergarten. A superb place, very clean, good teachers, great environment. Cost is about 175,000 plus food 12,000 Baht a year time until 2.30 PM. Our 3 year old girl goes there since more then a year and she loves it. We live walking distance 900 m from wells. Its on Soi 51 about 150-200 m from Sukhumvit.

Our 4 year old daughter 1/2 Thai, 1/2 English started in a Private Thai school last year after spending 1 year in a nursery. The progress she has made is unbelievable, she can speak fluent English and fluent Thai and can also read and write English and Thai. We have never pressurised her and never would, but I can honestly say that in this 1st year she have never once said she does not want to go to school, in fact she looks forward to school every day.

Not all children are the same I know but children at this age learn so quickly and it is very important in their ongoing development.

As already stated there are hundreds of Kindergartens, Nurseries and Schools in Bangkok.

You will have to find an apartment/house near your chosen Kindergarten as the traffic in Bangkok is horrific. So if you are coming to live in Bangkok you will need to live near your place of employment as well as where your child spends her days.

So for someone to recommend a Nursery etc will require you to confirm where you will be working and living.

Our 4 year old daughter 1/2 Thai, 1/2 English started in a Private Thai school last year after spending 1 year in a nursery. The progress she has made is unbelievable, she can speak fluent English and fluent Thai and can also read and write English and Thai. We have never pressurised her and never would, but I can honestly say that in this 1st year she have never once said she does not want to go to school, in fact she looks forward to school every day. Not all children are the same I know but children at this age learn so quickly and it is very important in their ongoing development. As already stated there are hundreds of Kindergartens, Nurseries and Schools in Bangkok. You will have to find an apartment/house near your chosen Kindergarten as the traffic in Bangkok is horrific. So if you are coming to live in Bangkok you will need to live near your place of employment as well as where your child spends her days. So for someone to recommend a Nursery etc will require you to confirm where you will be working and living.

I will be working in S Korea and Indonesia about 20-26 weeks per year so i can live anywhere.

Our 4 year old daughter 1/2 Thai, 1/2 English started in a Private Thai school last year after spending 1 year in a nursery. The progress she has made is unbelievable, she can speak fluent English and fluent Thai and can also read and write English and Thai. We have never pressurised her and never would, but I can honestly say that in this 1st year she have never once said she does not want to go to school, in fact she looks forward to school every day. Not all children are the same I know but children at this age learn so quickly and it is very important in their ongoing development. As already stated there are hundreds of Kindergartens, Nurseries and Schools in Bangkok. You will have to find an apartment/house near your chosen Kindergarten as the traffic in Bangkok is horrific. So if you are coming to live in Bangkok you will need to live near your place of employment as well as where your child spends her days. So for someone to recommend a Nursery etc will require you to confirm where you will be working and living.

Sounds good i will have a look when there, thanks for that.

Thonglor BTS station. 25mtrs away is the Bangkok International Preparatory School. Admission to nursery age 3yrs and above. First year fees (inclusive of non refundable registration fee which is paid only once) is around 550000baht. Excludes only bus fees if used. Thereafter yearly fee around 350000.

Thonglor BTS station. 25mtrs away is the Bangkok International Preparatory School. Admission to nursery age 3yrs and above. First year fees (inclusive of non refundable registration fee which is paid only once) is around 550000baht. Excludes only bus fees if used. Thereafter yearly fee around 350000.

Are these fees ever negotiable, as after 18 months i would be bringing my kid back to England .... a 200,000 bht admission fee is a complete liberty and something i'd never pay .... Im imagining lots of these schools are reliant on multinationals and foreignembassy staff who dont question such scams.

Edited by Thailand1977

why dont you look into Wells as I mentioned??? One time fee was 30,000 Baht. we did not pay that as our little one is very bright and of course they love to have talented kids.

The Bkk Int. Prep School is a total rip off absolutely and extremely overpriced. At Wells you can eat at the floor in the toilet that is how clean it is. I have seen many prep schools/Kindergartens and Wells was by far the most outstanding one. Wells International School and Kindergarten...

Edited by yannic

why dont you look into Wells as I mentioned??? One time fee was 30,000 Baht. we did not pay that as our little one is very bright and of course they love to have talented kids.

The Bkk Int. Prep School is a total rip off absolutely and extremely overpriced. At Wells you can eat at the floor in the toilet that is how clean it is. I have seen many prep schools/Kindergartens and Wells was by far the most outstanding one. Wells International School and Kindergarten...

Thanks i will do, currently in England and looking at all options ... it looks immaculate on the website.

Just to go off kilter i know there are lots of apartments in this area ... but are there many houses of any variety to rent around here as i dont want my kid to live in a high rise.

there are mostly condos but also some houses around Thong Lor / Phrom Phong area. (at Soi 34 are houses) You should get in contact with a good housing agent. He/she could show you around. When I found a good condo (low rise, just 6 floors) which is very close to Suk but still like a little paradise away from Suk, a nice pool and many kids in the age of my little one play every afternoon/evening together. Wells just 900 m walking, 700 m to Phrom Phong and Thong Lor BTS stations, 900 m to Benjasiri Park, 700 m to Emporium Mall with Little Gym. But rent is quite high so. I love the area. In the morning I can see squirrels looking out at my window or from the balkony. Also we hear birds singing but very quiet from traffic. As far as I know there may be an available unit. All units are 295 sqm, four bed rooms. Send me a PM if you want to know the website.

Edited by yannic

Are these fees ever negotiable, as after 18 months i would be bringing my kid back to England .... a 200,000 bht admission fee is a complete liberty and something i'd never pay .... Im imagining lots of these schools are reliant on multinationals and foreignembassy staff who dont question such scams.

Yes, the admission fee can be negotiated down very substantially if your child is going to be there for only 18 months. Actually no negotiating, the price is mentioned in their brochure.

Yes, the admission fee can be negotiated down very substantially if your child is going to be there for only 18 months. Actually no negotiating, the price is mentioned in their brochure.

Well i contacted them and asked about fees and any danger of a reduction in admission fees as she'd only be in BKK for 1 year - 18 months but no response.

Got a reply from a kindergarten on soi 31 and the scandalous fees (not including tuition) are as follows -

Registration fee 50000 bht
Deposit 30000 bht
Campus development fee 50000 bht
Lunch Payment 85 bht or 95 if not paid in advance = 20000 Per annum approx
Insurance 350bht
Apron 300 bht
Art Folder 200 bht
library bag 120 bht
school year book 500 bht
Yoga mat 500 bht
School Insurance 1000 bht
3 DVDs of school performaces 1500bht
School ends 1.45pm after school activities 420 bht
Late payment fees of 2% per month
So thats 160,000 BHT approx to finish at 1.45PM before ive even started paying for tuition .... the building looks scabby so how the hell they can charge 50,000BHT Campus Development is beyond me .... i'll give them due for creating such a fee ive a corrupt imagination and could never come up with such a scam.
Admin staff in BKK must be on many millions of BHT per year, with the need for such high fees, but seriously the owners are utter scam artists with all the above nonsense.
Going to BKK is against my wishes as i feel like a cash cow with the ATM fees ++ at hotels and restaurants etc..., surely there has to be some schools that put tuition above attempts to financially rape the parents, with a 1 fee price strategy!
Edited by Thailand1977

not sure about that email also in Thailand emails get very often not answered in general. If you let me know your name and email I can let the Director contact you. PM me for this.

not sure about that email also in Thailand emails get very often not answered in general. If you let me know your name and email I can let the Director contact you. PM me for this.

Cheers for that, things seem to have changed in the last 24 hours and it now seems i no longer have to go to Thailand (which for me is a huge relief)

so sorry for you (-: for me it was a big relief after many years in the Philippines to be able to go and live in Thailand...

I was going to be taking my daughter to live with her mother who has recently done a runner from her, but just in time ive seen the light ... my views of Thais in general is lower then the gutter at the moment, thus the relief at not having to go!

Irony is i have to give up a 150K USD per annum tax free job, so she'll not be getting any fancy education thanks to mummy.

No wonder Isaan people still live in the dark ages.