Taxi Bangkok(Suvanabhum)-Sisaket

yakyak

Hi all,

I need to book a mini-bus from the airport to sisaket for me the wife and two children, so i will be wanting a driver who does not want to try and break the land speed record and who will be willing to stop now and again for eating and leg stretching.

Any information that is forthcoming will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.thumbsup.gif

I did Ekkamai to Petchburi in a taxi about 6 years ago, driver wanted 2kB but we settled on 1.2kB, safe trip, distance ~ 140km.

Three years ago, I was in KohKong and a woman had just paid a cab 4kB, Swampy to Cambo border, ~ 400km.

I reckon you you should be able to get the family to Sisaket for < 10kB, just tell the driver kidz on board and need to stop regular.

Of course ask the price beforehand - they will probably ask for 2.5x realistic price, bargain down to 1.5x or better.

Cheers, AA

Hi yakyak

The cost of a Bkk taxi hire to any town in Thailand is commonly displayed in all taxis.It is printed on a laminated card usually hung on the rear of the front passenger seat setting out all taxi charges -- including long distance trips -- SiSaket town is definitely on the list of journeys but I do not recall the price.

With 2 adults and 2 children --- baggage may well be a problem .... as the boot of the common Toyota Corolla is usually half occupied by a gas cylinder -- barely leaving room for one standard case plus a couple of small bags.

You may be forced to seek out one of the larger "van" type vehicles --- try for a late model and ensure the air- con is working well.

As you are (I assume) arriving from an international flight --- simply approach the taxi allocation desks on the ground floor and tell them your requirements they shall find a vehicle & driver prepared to do the trip. Depending on several factors this may take a while.

Edited by tig28

for info, I just asked a private transportation & rental car company up in Ubon Ratchathani to give me a fare for a i.e. Toyota VAN

approx. 10 seater for my family of 5 from Ubon Ratchathani city to Suvarnabhumi airport drop off (one way).

The fare quote was 10,000 baht. Sisaket will be about 60-70 Kilo's closer than Ubon if you were to drive from Suvarnabhumi.

(ordinary city cab is about 6000 baht to Sisaket from Suvarnabhumi if I am not mistaken)

A couple of suggestions that you well have considered.

• If it is a round trip hire a car/bus from the airport or do a one way (but usually u have to hire for a minimum of 3 days i think)
  • the train
  • You will have to do yr sums to see if car hire is cheaper but i would think it is in the same ball park.

all the best