Pongsapat's Loss Is A Blow For Thaksin

webfact

Dunno if anyone's ever encountered this before...

About a week before the election, I was traveling home on the BTS Sukhumvit line, and as I was riding, there was a flock of young pretties attired in campaign-type uniforms walking front to back through the train I was on passing out relatively large sized, color glossy Pongsapat brochures -- only to Thais, of course.

Don't have any idea how many similar groups the campaign may have paid for or how long they may have been out pressing the flesh, so to speak. But clearly, someone in the campaign was spending a fair amount of money for that campaign effort.

Is it? Pongsapat received more votes than any other candidate being it PT or Democrat ever and Bangkok is shifting rapidly from a DP base to PT. Was it closer to 70/30 before it is now maybe 53-47.

The Nations are the apologists for the establishment, their newspaper comes closer to a school newsletter than a serious paper. They are biased to a point that Fox news seem to be objective.

A loss is a loss. You're the one who's an apologist. After all, you're trying to spin a loss for the PT scum into some sort of victory. How sad for you.

• Like 2

Is it? Pongsapat received more votes than any other candidate being it PT or Democrat ever and Bangkok is shifting rapidly from a DP base to PT. Was it closer to 70/30 before it is now maybe 53-47.

The Nations are the apologists for the establishment, their newspaper comes closer to a school newsletter than a serious paper. They are biased to a point that Fox news seem to be objective.

Pongsapat didn't receive more votes the any other candidate, otherwise he would have won the election. whistling.gif

53% ... That's a massive landslide.

• Like 2

Remember Bankorians is not representative for the Thai people's , they want to keep the town in this awful mess!!

better the mess it is now than the mess it would be if the fugitive criminal got full control of the country, pretty simple really.
  • Like 2

If I was Thaksin's cat, I would be keeping a low profile.

Are you kidding?

It's probably already being prepared for the next election.

If he were his cat there would be no more erections.

Serious gloating? Are you referring to the posters who a.o. have written that "Pheu Thai has behaved fairly magnanimous in their defeat and to be honest all the stuff in the run up was much ado about nothing really. Just normal politicking" ? (insert big smiley)

Serious gloating? Are you referring to the posters who a.o. have written that "Pheu Thai has behaved fairly magnanimous in their defeat and to be honest all the stuff in the run up was much ado about nothing really. Just normal politicking" ? (insert big smiley)

Make that "inane polsters"

(i want to make sure they get all the credit they so rightly deserve)

and you can add my smiley to your big smiley biggrin.png

I am out of the country, but my wife called home to her family in Isaan to find out the results of the election. During that conversation she was told that for the last few months there has been a push to register Isaan residents with new addresses in Bangkok so that they could vote PT in this election. Can anyone confirm this story?

wouldn't surprise me one bit. my hill tribe gf got offered 200 baht to vote for a Red candidate in a recent election. She said everyone in her dirt poor mu ban got the same offer and nearly all took the easy money. I asked her "why not take the money and just vote for whom you like?" She countered that the pu yai ban (village headman) knows exactly who each one of his peons votes for.

• Like 1

I am out of the country, but my wife called home to her family in Isaan to find out the results of the election. During that conversation she was told that for the last few months there has been a push to register Isaan residents with new addresses in Bangkok so that they could vote PT in this election. Can anyone confirm this story?

wouldn't surprise me one bit. my hill tribe gf got offered 200 baht to vote for a Red candidate in a recent election. She said everyone in her dirt poor mu ban got the same offer and nearly all took the easy money. I asked her "why not take the money and just vote for whom you like?" She countered that the pu yai ban (village headman) knows exactly who each one of his peons votes for.
Right! - They have to show a (cellphone) picture of their ballot- with the "X" in the right box, in order to collect their money.

Right! - They have to show a (cellphone) picture of their ballot- with the "X" in the right box, in order to collect their money.

I'd suggest that is easily countered by banning cell phones in voting booths, but it would have a disastrous effect on voter turnout.

'Pongsapat received more votes than any other candidate being it PT or Democrat ever'

So he won then did he? Or was it the DP who received the most votes ever. Sooo confusing! The Nation should have reported a PT victory obviously. That would make them supporters of The Truth (Thaksin style). No problem there for some.

Edited by yoshiwara

I'd suggest that is easily countered by banning cell phones in voting booths, but it would have a disastrous effect on voter turnout.

Wasn't taking photos of their ballots one the things that PT are complaining about? Could it be they need the photo to get their cash? All the vote buying I have heard about through family has been paid beforehand.