Ryuka Motorbikes

rene123

After reading many posts knocking new makes of motorbikes I'm always leary of anything new on the market. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Ryuka motorbikes? Where are they imported from? They seem to have 8 or 10 models to choose from and prices range from 31,900 baht for scooters to 65,900 baht for a 200 cc sport bike. I'm not in the market for one because I'm very happy with my 250 Kawasaki D-tracker. However, a friend wants something that is inexpensive because he doesn't plan to stay in Thailand too long, but still wants his own bike.

I would appreciate any replies including negative ones if they are backed up by personal knowledge.

IIRR Ryuka is the brand for Zongchen bikes that are sold in Thailand. Made in China. Cheap. But backed up by a big company (Zongchen).

http://zongshenthailand.com

http://www.zongsheninternational.com/

What 200cc do they sell? The "biggest" bike i know of is 150cc, the Ryuka "Fly". But their website is worse and not administrated. Maybe they have other models too.

IIRR Ryuka is the brand for Zongchen bikes that are sold in Thailand. Made in China. Cheap. But backed up by a big company (Zongchen).

http://zongshenthailand.com

http://www.zongsheninternational.com/

What 200cc do they sell? The "biggest" bike i know of is 150cc, the Ryuka "Fly". But their website is worse and not administrated. Maybe they have other models too.

There is a small shop on Pracha Samphan road in Chiang Mai that sells them. The 200 cc sport bike looked like a smaller version of the Kawasaki ern. It sells for 59,000 baht. The girl gave me a brochure written in Thai, but with email [email protected] or www,firsthandmotor.com

I don't have any experience with Ryuka but I've seen it again and again that Chinese bikes are cheap crap.

Some people don't seem to mind, they ride them and when they break down have them fixed.

Maybe they don't mind the downtime or hanging around in roadside repair shops for hours, that's their business.

Personally I buy cheap phones, microwaves, washing machines and my laptop doesn't have to have a bazillion gigabytes and look cool.

But when it comes to riding a motorcycle I want quality, I want style, I want dependability. I want something that gets me where I want to go with a smile on my face!

In short: I definitely would buy a used Jap bike for the same money I'd get a new crap bike - it'll probably last longer and I'll get some money back when I sell it.

Also I have lived in Japan and I respect the people; I have dealt with the Chinese for years and they won't get a penny from me if I can help it! :-)

But that's just me.

• Like 1

If your friend really wants a bike for a short time he could get a used CBR250 for about 80k baht. Then when he leaves he can sell it for a very small loss.

Buying a Ryuka bike makes no sense - if it doesn't actually break down he still won't be able to sell it when leaving. So not only would he get a worse bike, he's also pay more for it.

I've seen the 200cc motard on the road occasionally but no idea how good it is. Since it's a Chinese brand, it gets the opposite of the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by nikster
  • Like 1

If your friend really wants a bike for a short time he could get a used CBR250 for about 80k baht. Then when he leaves he can sell it for a very small loss.

Buying a Ryuka bike makes no sense - if it doesn't actually break down he still won't be able to sell it when leaving. So not only would he get a worse bike, he's also pay more for it.

I've seen the 200cc motard on the road occasionally but no idea how good it is. Since it's a Chinese brand, it gets the opposite of the benefit of the doubt.

" it gets the opposite of the benefit of the doubt." To keep it simple that would be no doubt, without a doubt, yes?

Don't want to step on your toes, but facts please, lemoncake.

"I believe I've heard/read somewhere..." usually just confuses and starts a discussion about rumors.

Too much bogus "info" on the net, try to keep the site you post on as credible as possible by posting established facts and links to support them!

:-)

Don't want to step on your toes, but facts please, lemoncake.

"I believe I've heard/read somewhere..." usually just confuses and starts a discussion about rumors.

Too much bogus "info" on the net, try to keep the site you post on as credible as possible by posting established facts and links to support them!

:-)

Go see Mai Thai complex bike shop on Soi Buakhao and speak with Rudy, he can tell you more.and even sell you one or a couple

Thankyou for the replies. I tend to believe what Nikster wrote. it takes a LOT longer to live down bad publicity than it would if the Chinese had built a good product in the first place. A second hand Honda scooter might be a better deal in the long run, even if the Ryuka bikes are okay. When my father was growing up he told me that the Japanese used to produce all sorts of crap that didn't last. Then, the Japanese got smart and started hiring European craftsmen to build good quality items. After that the Japanese were held up as the standard to try and achieve.

Thankyou for the replies. I tend to believe what Nikster wrote. it takes a LOT longer to live down bad publicity than it would if the Chinese had built a good product in the first place. A second hand Honda scooter might be a better deal in the long run, even if the Ryuka bikes are okay. When my father was growing up he told me that the Japanese used to produce all sorts of crap that didn't last. Then, the Japanese got smart and started hiring European craftsmen to build good quality items. After that the Japanese were held up as the standard to try and achieve.

I hate to say, but your father was only party correct.

Japanese did not start hiring they bought up all the latest technology and grew from that.

I hate to say, but your father was only party correct.

Japanese did not start hiring they bought up all the latest technology and grew from that.

But but but they have had huge call backs of Hondas and Toyotas the last few years

All motorcycles sold under the Ryuka or Zongshen name in Thailand are build at http://www.amatacity.com/zongshen-thailand-machinery-manufacturing/

Now that's what I call facts!

Even though it says: Zongshen Thailand Machinery Manufacturing – do you know that they assemble motorcycles there or just portable compressors?

Here's another thread on Ryuka / Zongshen: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/168107-ryuka-125-motorcycles/ - quite an interesting read.

All motorcycles sold under the Ryuka or Zongshen name in Thailand are build at http://www.amatacity.com/zongshen-thailand-machinery-manufacturing/

Now that's what I call facts!

Even though it says: Zongshen Thailand Machinery Manufacturing – do you know that they assemble motorcycles there or just portable compressors?

Here's another thread on Ryuka / Zongshen: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/168107-ryuka-125-motorcycles/ - quite an interesting read.

Here you can read that Zongshen established factories in Thailand, they have indeed several, not all parts are made at one location. Source:http://www.zongsheninternational.com/Company/Company_qygk.aspx?id=1

Edited by Richard-BKK

• 6 years later...

Just another angle on where these bikes are made. Unless made in Thailand in a real sense, they would be slapped with a tariff if 100% and up. So couldn’t possibly have those prices. Kawa makes a 250 single retro style priced at 250,000 baht. The Ryuku 250 retro is 69,000. The Kawasaki dealer told me the 250 is imported, hence the over-the-top price. The Thai-made W800, which I own, comes in at about 370,000. That’s a 750cc retro twin.