South Korea Warns On North Korea Threat: War Armistice

webfact

South Korea warns on North Korea threat

SEOUL: -- South Korea's military has warned it will respond to any provocation from North Korea, after Pyongyang's threat to scrap the Korean War armistice.

Army Gen Kim Yong-hyun promised "resolute retaliations" if South Korean lives were threatened.

North Korea said in a statement on Tuesday said it would end the truce on 11 March due to UN sanctions and military exercises in South Korea.

The Koreas remain technically at war, as they have not signed a peace treaty.

"If North Korea carries out provocations that threaten the lives and safety of South Koreans, our military will carry out strong and resolute retaliations," South Korea's Gen Kim Yong-hyun told reporters.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21681522

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2013-03-07

The armistice is a joke anyway - considering North Korea has already fired artillery shells on South Korea's Yi-Pi-Do island, killing a couple civilians and marines.

The north will continue to try to bully the south until they get free money, food, etc. They are thugs.

• Like 1

Perhaps it might pay to give both back to Japan, then they would have a common enemy again. It would, at least get them talking to each other in a rational way?

Or, there is always the option of letting them beat the bejesus out of each other and settle the problem for the next 100 years!

After meeting Rodman, their motto is "bad as I wanna be", I guess.

That's right... the midget in North Korea told Dennis, all I want is a phone call from Obama.. a nice little chat, mano y mano..

He told Dennis that him and Obama have a lot in common.. including basketball. So here's my idea, a one on one game of pony.. winner takes all. thumbsup.gif

Here's my thinking with China.. with the whole world watching North Korea, it's take the worlds eyes off them.. smile.png

That's right... the midget in North Korea told Dennis, all I want is a phone call from Obama.. a nice little chat, mano y mano..

He told Dennis that him and Obama have a lot in common.. including basketball. So here's my idea, a one on one game of pony.. winner takes all. thumbsup.gif

Here's my thinking with China.. with the whole world watching North Korea, it's take the worlds eyes off them.. smile.png

With KIJU setting the rules, the hoop will be 1 meter above the ground. :rolleyes:

N. Korea voids non-aggression pacts with South

PYONGYANG: -- North Korea announced Friday it was voiding non-aggression pacts with South Korea and severing a hotline with Seoul, hours after the UN Security Council adopted tough new sanctions on Pyongyang.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/624376-north-korea-voids-non-aggression-pacts-with-south/

So much for the theory that Baby Dictator is going to be better just because he went to a boarding school in Switzerland.

All he learnt there was how to use the Army Knife. sad.png

Edited by Payboy

Except that the Kim family are exceptional sportsmen -- Kim Jong Il, in his first round of golf, shot a 38, (equating to 34 under par), including 11 holes in one.

The loss to the golf world when he died was widely, er, mourned: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-12-20/golf-world-mourns-kim-jong-il/3739452

• Like 1

Some reports have said that the major powers are not taking this funny looking tin pot leader too seriously, but as history recalls, the same was also said about the little man with the funny moustache, Adolf Hitler, during the early 1930s.

Korea is over 2000 miles in distance from Thailand, but is still within the South East Asian region. If war breaks us, would it affect us here? What about the economic disruption and chaos this would create, could Thailand be brought into the conflict and what could be the consequences for Thailand in the event of this war, which is looking imminent?

Could World War 3 be on the horizon?

Edited by Beetlejuice

Very sad but the real people of the north are exactly the same as folk in the south. Just want to live a normal life and get bye. Unfortunately a few want to brain wash the populous into..... eeeeeeeer...... hmmmm, I really don't know what. The USA and others could flatten the scrote rulers in an instant but the innocent will suffer. We are at a time where just a couple of nations ''rulers'' are living their world and not their peoples. Yep, very sad.

I observe a tendency of US involvement

North Vietnam/Russia against south Vietnam. 1964

North Korea/Russia/China against south Korea.

Count your blessings the USA is willing to subsidize a presence in South Korea. It is not as if the EU or the great leaders of the "non aligned" bloc are willing to do anything now. It has always been in some countries economic interests to keep South Korea occupied with the North. Just consider if the South could have invested some of its defense spending in its industrial and social services sector. India and China would not be having a field day in some export sectors. The EU wouldn't need to fear South Korea's ship building prowess or heavy industrial equipment output. South Koreans are a country with a right to a chip on its shoulder as they suffered a far worse colonial past than any African or South American country, and it suffered through a brutal barbaric war initiated by the expansionist Chinese communists. And yet, the South Koreans don't come blaming anyone for their woes. An unsmiling nation, grouchy at the best of times, but a country with legitimate grievances that most of the world has conveniently ignored.

And as an aside, a nation that turns out the boy bands that are the envy of all of the other asian countries.

North Korea is like that boring, boastful <deleted> at the pub, that everyone ignores.

Yeah but you start to notice him when he's wearing a suicide bomb vest ... coffee1.gif

Not many suicide bombers at my pub...nor North Korea as far as I know

Imagine if the pub is south of the border, and the suicide bomber is strapped to a missile.

Not much to worry about for those in Thailand. The nuclear fallout will be blown out over the Pacific by the trade winds.

I have a secret photo, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

post-41816-0-43229800-1362837691_thumb.j

whistling.gif .....................smile.png

• Like 1