Visa Extension Problem

Soph

Hi, in a bit of a predicament - finished my job (in Samui) on the 28th Feb.

My 1 year work permit was still under consideration in Bkk (done through the lawyers), so I was getting monthly extensions on my non-im B (all this done in Bkk, not by me)

Anyway, the last day of extension was the 6th March, so I went to Samui immigration to get an extension (i leave for good on the 15th)

They told me I couldnt extend at Samui as the paperwork was done in Bkk - i tried to explain that I didnt care about losing the 1 year visa/work permit as I am not coming back, I just needed an extension.

They gave me my passport back and told me I would have to go to immigration that day to sort it out.

One lady their told me I have to go to immigration in Bkk - which is imppossible as I have connecting flights and another man told me just to leave the visa and pay the overstay.

I have no idea what I should be doing - I am scared that they will kick up a fuss at the airport, even though the immigrration officer told me it would be fine to pay the overstay.

I just need to know - if the visa has expired on the 6th, is that it - I will just have to leave at the airport and pay up - alternatively, could I go on a border run and come back on a tourist visa.

I am very confused as the 1 year working visa is very different to the non-im B.

And yes I know overstaying is stupid, but they didnt really give me much of a choice when i went to them to do the right thing.

Cheers

Get to the airport without a police stop and you should be ok. Overstay fine is not 500 baht until after March 15th.

You did not have a visa to extend so Samui could not offer you an extension as you are here on an extension of stay from Bangkok. You should have departed the country on a visa trip before it expired and returned on a 30 day stamp if you did not want to travel to Bangkok. As you are now overstay highly advise not trying any border run and leave by air paying your fine as you leave.