Anyone Seen Any Good Tv Series Recently?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Banshee - currently running on HBo is worth watching ( you can get the missed episodes off the web)

Best Sci-Fi series ever --- Stargate Universe !! Doubtful about a 3rd series though. --- maybe because it was trying to revive an old theme/idea - Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis. - but SGU was in a league of its own -awesome

Banshee - currently running on HBo is worth watching ( you can get the missed episodes off the web)

Best Sci-Fi series ever --- Stargate Universe !! Doubtful about a 3rd series though. --- maybe because it was trying to revive an old theme/idea - Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis. - but SGU was in a league of its own -awesome

And with that .... His credibility evaporated ....

Battlestar Galactica is hugely superior. The mini-series (series 1) explored the themes of truth, terror and torture. And this was at a time when Americans actually believed in a "war on terror".

Battlestar Galactica is hugely superior. The mini-series (series 1) explored the themes of truth, terror and torture. And this was at a time when Americans actually believed in a "war on terror".

If you want to see some great (and fun) sci-fi, I can only recommend (again) Odyssey 5

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0318236/

• Like 1

If you want to see some great (and fun) sci-fi, I can only recommend (again) Odyssey 5

The critics were a little more reserved in their compliments:

" If you can handle the frustration of becoming invested in a series that remains incomplete, Odyssey 5 definitely warrants a viewing. Would our heroes have defeated the nasty artificial beings and saved the world? The answer will currently remain a mystery. This show falls a notch below the premier sci-fi series (Firefly , Battlestar Gallactica), but the story still offers plenty of memorable scenes."

Has anyone ever watched Firefly? I understand this is the Sci-Fi equivalent of Mad Men: astonishing TV but very few viewers...

Of all the shows that can make us laugh, it would have to be The Big Bang Theory. How I Met Your Mother is cool in a slow but interesting kind of way.

If you like aviation, Canadians, or better yet a mix of both, the History Channel's real-life TV show Ice Pilots is a must see.

The critics were a little more reserved in their compliments:

" If you can handle the frustration of becoming invested in a series that remains incomplete, Odyssey 5 definitely warrants a viewing. Would our heroes have defeated the nasty artificial beings and saved the world? The answer will currently remain a mystery. This show falls a notch below the premier sci-fi series (Firefly , Battlestar Gallactica), but the story still offers plenty of memorable scenes."

Has anyone ever watched Firefly? I understand this is the Sci-Fi equivalent of Mad Men: astonishing TV but very few viewers...

Yes, it is unfortunate. The series does stop - leaving us hanging.

But one of the nice things about the series is that each episode is very complete. Each episode has its own story that does get resolved in that episode.

And critics? Well, they're wrong! I plowed through battlestar galactica, and finally just got bored. I started watching Firefly, and maybe the story is good, but boy did I find the characters plastic and unwatchable!

Currently ploughing through 5 seasons of Boston Legal.

Really good! Funny, and well acted - James Spader and William Shatner I lead roles.

Sent from my iPad-mini.

IMO probably 1 of the best shows I have watched. really enjoyable & how can u not love Denny Crane.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently ploughing through 5 seasons of Boston Legal.

Really good! Funny, and well acted - James Spader and William Shatner I lead roles.

Sent from my iPad-mini.

IMO probably 1 of the best shows I have watched. really enjoyable & how can u not love Denny Crane.

done with boston legal now - all 5 seasons - excellent - DENNY CRANE!!!

also just done seasons 1 & 2 of Homeland - enjoyable, well acted, quite good plots.

just finished season 1 of Carnivale and about to start season 2. very expensive production, well acted. enjoyable but a little slow and depressing. also lacking in any really likeable characters, but worth watching and i have read season 2 ups the pace a bit.....

I've started watching a new series. It's called Vikings. It's on S01E07 at the moment. Started slow and i wasn't sure but now. WOW.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2306299/?ref_=sr_1

There is another new series just started and seems really good. Davinci's demons. Only started last week, so it's on S01E01. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2094262/?ref_=sr_4

• 2 weeks later...

I am watching "Top of the Lake" right now. It is set in NZ, written and directed by Jane Campion (The Piano), starring Elizabeth Moss (Mad Men) and Holly Hunter. it's the story of the search for a missing, half-Thai, 12-year-old. Seven episodes that should be watched as one long movie.

• Like 1

I am watching "Top of the Lake" right now. It is set in NZ, written and directed by Jane Campion (The Piano), starring Elizabeth Moss (Mad Men) and Holly Hunter. it's the story of the search for a missing, half-Thai, 12-year-old. Seven episodes that should be watched as one long movie.

I agree - Top of the Lake is the best TV anything I have seen in 20 years or more ... I hope they add to the series..

• 2 weeks later...

Rectify is a new TV series (4 episodes so far) about a guy who gets sprung from prison after being in solitary confinement for a few decades. Many people in his small town think that he is guilty of murder as he was freed because of DNA evidence, but it does not prove he is innocent. It just proves that he was convicted incorrectly. The town is thinking of bringing him to court again and many people do not treat him very well. It is by the same people who brought us Breaking Bad, but little action - at least so far. It seems to be more of a thinking person's show.