Utorrent 1.5 Is Here

clokwise

I noticed something interesting the last couple days. I normally do not download bittorrents here in Thailand because, as we all know, ISPs throttle the bandwidth severely. I thought I'd give the new utorrent 1.5 a shot and all I can say is HOLY COW! Instead of torrents trickling in at 3 or 4 kbps, they're coming in at 100~120kbps. Looking at the peers list I can see that all the fast peers are using protocol encryption. One torrent I have running now has 42 peers, 33 of which are using PE. BTW, Azureus/2400 also supports PE now.

Anyone else enjoying this ?

I noticed something interesting the last couple days. I normally do not download bittorrents here in Thailand because, as we all know, ISPs throttle the bandwidth severely. I thought I'd give the new utorrent 1.5 a shot and all I can say is HOLY COW! Instead of torrents trickling in at 3 or 4 kbps, they're coming in at 100~120kbps. Looking at the peers list I can see that all the fast peers are using protocol encryption. One torrent I have running now has 42 peers, 33 of which are using PE. BTW, Azureus/2400 also supports PE now.

Anyone else enjoying this ?

I've been using BitComet 0.61 along with PeerGuardian2 and found "normal" (average 30 KBps down and 20 KBps up for 1M/512K link in Bangkok). Often I get up to 99 seeds, 150+ peers for popular files. Are you using PeerGuardian2?

Edited by xty

Are you using PeerGuardian2?

Never had a need for it. I use Firefox/adblock/Filterset.G combo. And even if I did download Hollywood movies or music I'm not particularly worried about the RIAA/MPAA coming after me here in Thailand. :o