Divorce At Amphur By Mutual Consent

Jezz

Is it still true that regardless of which amphur you married, you can divorce at any amphur in Thailand so long as both parties agree, you have the required documentation and produce two witnesses?

• 1 month later...

But if you German, you can only divorce legally in Germany, at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Berlin. A divorce only in Thailand will have no effect on your marriage by German law.

FYI

Fatfather

Sent from my phone

That seems very strange, I suspect a misunderstanding. Do you have a source for that?

But if you German, you can only divorce legally in Germany, at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Berlin. A divorce only in Thailand will have no effect on your marriage by German law.FYIFatfatherSent from my phoneThat seems very strange, I suspect a misunderstanding. Do you have a source for that?

It can easily be googled, up to what language you prefer. Sure you can divorce in Thailand, but you'll still have to get a lawyer to bring your case to the German court in Berlin. Without doing this you will be divorced in Thailand whilst your German marriage remains unchanged.

Fatfather

Sent from my phone