Seeking English And Subject Teachers In Ubon Ratchathani..

sirchai

Hello,

I was just trying to find a school for our son,and a very nice woman was asking me, if I wouldn't like to teach at their school. They're urgently seeking one math, one science, one PE teacher for their international programme, running a British curriculum.

But they're also seeking English teacher(s) for the ordinary program. School seems to be pretty nice, starting salary at least 30 K.

Please only applicants with teaching experience. Page me if interested.

Cheers- wai2.gif

P.S. Dear administrators, sorry for double posting. Thought it's better in Isaan forum.

They all want teachers. Which one is this?

It's Nareen school, got the teacher's phone number, if anybody should be interested. Aren't too many school here with such a programme.

Thought it wouldn't be good to post the lady's phone number here. Good day.--wai2.gif

Short update.Just came back from Nareen today to enroll our son there. I was talking to them again and it turned out that four out of six applicants didn't show up, or were not interested.

Err - yes - schools here usually do ask random foreigners if they would like to teach English. Ive been asked by two.

fantastic then! must be a highly acclaimed school of serious academic rigour.

This is for people who're looking for a job. How much do you know about Thai schools and hiring foreigners to teach English? Was there again today, four out of six applicants didn't shop up.

Teaching positions still available. Please just go there with your resume and give it a try.

I honestly hope something will change in the Thai education system soon although I doubt it. Teachers need to be qualified. Being a native speaker is not a teaching qualification and I would not want my child to be taught by random people who think they can do this job just like that.

• Like 1

I honestly hope something will change in the Thai education system soon although I doubt it. Teachers need to be qualified. Being a native speaker is not a teaching qualification and I would not want my child to be taught by random people who think they can do this job just like that.

That's maybe the reason why they want teachers with teaching experience.

Don't you think that teaching English/science/math in Thailand for many years is an important qualification? --wai2.gif

The school has 4,000 students. The school set it up so that 1 foreign teacher will be responsible for a specific level.

3 teachers are leaving this term and 4 will be need for next term. This is only for the regular government school. As of now

there are two teachers for next term.

The school is looking for teachers with degrees, Tefl and teaching experience. The problem is the low salary offered.

A number of candidates have been offered employment, but most candidates refused the offers because of the compensation

package.

Short update.Just came back from Nareen today to enroll our son there. I was talking to them again and it turned out that four out of six applicants didn't show up, or were not interested.

Err - yes - schools here usually do ask random foreigners if they would like to teach English. Ive been asked by two.

fantastic then! must be a highly acclaimed school of serious academic rigour.

This is for people who're looking for a job. How much do you know about Thai schools and hiring foreigners to teach English? Was there again today, four out of six applicants didn't shop up.

Teaching positions still available. Please just go there with your resume and give it a try.

i taught efl for 4 years in Thailand so yes I do no what im talking about. i would love nothing more to return to thailand and specifically ubon but cannot until something is done about the shambloic state of the education system. picking foreigners who happen to be native speakers is not the answer. it never fails to make me laugh when i see words like "international" and "british curriculum" banded about in a obvious attempt to wow the punters. the only *true* international school in issan is St Stephens and their fees are comparable to anything you'll pay in the UK

• Like 1

Without a degree and background knowledge in learning psychology, methodology etc. native speakers with teaching experience still won't have a clue about teaching properly and meeting students' demands. Being a parent does not mean you're an expert in education either.

• Like 1

No, this is why neither not properly trained Thai teachers nor not properly trained native speakers is what the kids need. Teaching is not a natural gift. It does involve intuition and empathy, yes. But it also is a lot about necessary background knowledge in education studies and knowing how to apply it.

• Like 1

I'm going to close this thread as the OP has already posted what information is available about the job.

For contact details of the school concerned, you can pm the OP.

If you would like to discuss the correlation of having a degree, and the ability to effectively teach, then please feel free to start a separate thread (in the teachers forum).

• Like 1