Multiple Home Ownership

I am a US Citizen and I recently became a Thai Citizen. I am a luk kreung. My Thai uncle built a house for me in Isaan and I officially own it. I have a small house registration book listing me as the owner.

I am interested in having a second home built in a different area of Isaan. Would ownership of a second house conflict with the ownership of the first house? Will owning a second house incur any type of property tax?

I have never had to pay an type of property tax.

I am sort of new to Thailand and I am not familiar with the law regarding this. Thank you.

No and No.

No problem, own as many as you want.

No yearly property taxes here, taxes payable on selling the house.

My Thai uncle built a house for me in Isaan and I officially own it. I
have a small house registration book listing me as the owner

This concerns me, if you are talking blue book, that confirms you live at that address, in whose name in the chanot?

Edited by rgs2001uk

No and No.

This concerns me, if you are talking blue book, that confirms you live at that address, in whose name in the chanot?

The word "owner" is printed next to me name. It's in Thai and I can read a little bit of Thai.

The land is owned collectively by five people. I am one of them. Nothing can be done with the land unless all five of us agree. the land has been owned by my Thai family for 100s of years. It keeps getting passed down. My mom passed away and I took her place as one of the owners.

Technically, the name on the chanote is my great grandmother. I had a person independent from the family verify this for me.

Thank you for your reply.

No and No.

The word "owner" is printed next to me name. It's in Thai and I can read a little bit of Thai.

The land is owned collectively by five people. I am one of them. Nothing can be done with the land unless all five of us agree. the land has been owned by my Thai family for 100s of years. It keeps getting passed down. My mom passed away and I took her place as one of the owners.

Technically, the name on the chanote is my great grandmother. I had a person independent from the family verify this for me.

Thank you for your reply.

To clarify..........I do know that ownership of the house and land are two seperate things. The tambian baan does have me listed as the owner and not just a resident.