Export Clothing To Australia

Jboutique

Hello, I am starting a small clothing company in Australia and am traveling to Thailand in a couple of months to purchase stock. I am wondering if anybody knows someone/company where I could purchase a 'sample' type box of products (women's clothes, bags or shoes) to kick start my business before going over and purchasing a large quantity of each item.

any places in Pratunam refused to sell me samples, were only interested in bulk sales, so you will have to hunt around. Dont forget that there is ( or there was a few years ago )

23% import duty on all clothing and you have to pay 10% GST on your total costs i.e.

Freight, Insurance, Cost of clothes. Also you are up for all your expenses for the trip which can only be claimed if you are an existing business at home. Do the Maths first. I

tried it and couldnt compete with the market prices here in Perth. Your time is a big

factor in a business and will severely eat into your profits. Do not buy cheap rubbish.

They will fall apart in no time and cant be washed many times.

Best of Luck

Thanks heaps for the tips, I will go check out Pratunam Market and Bobae Market and search around.

In regards to GST and duty, I will oh bringing in up to $1000 at a time so no GST or import duty.

It will also be started over the Internet so there will be no addition al costs such as a lease.

Thanks for your tips and I'm now doing more indepth research. :)

Good day Jboutique,

We are sourcing agent in Bangkok, Thailand with a strong network of manufacturers and suppliers. Also, we are a manufacturer of premium quality flat shoes (ballet shoes).

It would most appreciated if we can discuss some possible venture that might ease your troubles doing business with Thailand.

If you don't mind, could you please kindly give us your contact details and we will contact you.

On the other hand, you may contact us at [email protected] or dial at +66 8 7 502 2777

If you need more information, company profiles/registration papers, etc, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to be hearing from you.

With Great Respects,

Chaturon

Ideo Muse Company Limited

*We are a registered experts in exporting, importing, and manufacturing products in Thailand.

• 2 months later...