Aircard Vs Mobilephone

roblin

A mobilephone should be fine for must use, the aircards are mainly for businesspeople that don't want their phone to be engaged when online...a GPRS phone or a GPRS card will be equally lazy when compared to hi-speed Internet access :o

If you connect through USB, just about any new GPRS phone will do, most modern ones have Class10 (highest speed) support...if you want to do it through Bluetooth, Sony Ericsson have always had the best Bluetooth support, it can occasionally be flaky on Nokia or Motorola.

I want to use my laptop with gprs.

Why should i pay 12-14k baht for a aircard when i can get a new mobile phone for the same price? What loss in pingtime can i expect? What mobilephone is good for gprs with laptops?

How long do you plan being on-line at a time? One advantage is that an aircard doesn't require charging. It doesn't get interuptted by phone-calls. There are no wires with an aircard

I want to use my laptop with gprs.

Why should i pay 12-14k baht for a aircard when i can get a new mobile phone for the same price? What loss in pingtime can i expect? What mobilephone is good for gprs with laptops?

How long do you plan being on-line at a time? One advantage is that an aircard doesn't require charging. It doesn't get interuptted by phone-calls. There are no wires with an aircard

1-4h when and where i cannot find adsl. also as a backup when adsl fails(need to be able to quickly switch to gprs when adsl fails, 5-15s not more).

:o

do you know how "quick" i am on gprs class 12 and usb to usb ? (i-mobile 509)

i horny to try gprs. for my work is my landline (~45.00kbps) ok.

but i know with 10kbps is it not really funny...

thanks

:D

Edited by lung

:o

do you know how "quick" i am on gprs class 12 and usb to usb ? (i-mobile 509)

i horny to try gprs. for my work is my landline (~45.00kbps) ok.

but i know with 10kbps is it not really funny...

thanks

:D

could you please clarify what you just wrote.

the class of your GPRS/EDGE device can make a difference in your speed - the class determines the nuber of upload/downlaod slots you have.

GPRS/EDGE is a good backup and mobile solution in thailand as the price is reasonable .

when you are online with GPRS/EDGE you will recieve incoming phone calls, the data line will just suspend for the duration of the call.

cdma is another option , and apart from the pcimia cards for cdma I saw a bluetooth cdma modem in fortune.

when you are online with GPRS/EDGE you will recieve incoming phone calls, the data line will just suspend for the duration of the call.

That fails more often than not, I'd hardly call it reliable, at least on DTAC...sometimes you get the call, sometimes you don't.