Best English Brekkie In Chiang Mai

bkkmadness

Because I resist the urge toward unfantalism, I would appreciate if people avoid using the following terms:

Bangers for Bangkok

Changers for Chiang Mai

Brekkie (shouldn't that be breakkie?) for breakfast

? me think I understand, Changers en Bangers?

:o

Well, I'm American but I took a couple British friends to the FARANG CAFE in the new rimping shopping center on Maejo Road and they gave the breakfast two thumbs up on taste and price!

Went there when it first opened and wasn't impressed with it: cheap sweet white bread toast with that horrible thai-style margarine, 1 big chewy sausage that tasted of soap. Price OK, but I'd rather pay a little extra and get something a little closer to what I know as farang food.

Agreed. First time I went, it was okay, but all of the subsequent visits have been disappointing. Typical farang style food cooked by a Thai. Don't know why her husband doesn't step up and say or do something to improve the taste. Because it's the only place close to my house, I'd like to see them succeed.

She had some recent problems with cooks but now has new cook who also has Brit hubby. Will pass on your comments for improvements - the choice/taste/price of sausages available in CM is wide and personal tastes vary - she will listen I assure you - any suggestions on sausages available in CM which would satisfy the majority of 'tastes'/any other suggestions?

Hubby a.k.a "thebear^(is back)"

Farang Cafe --- wish it was closer to where i lived. for the price they charge, i would say gimme the soapy sausage!. Nah i really think they serve good food. Last time i was there, i had their cordon bleu. The price was minimal for what I got.

Well, I'm American but I took a couple British friends to the FARANG CAFE in the new rimping shopping center on Maejo Road and they gave the breakfast two thumbs up on taste and price!

Went there when it first opened and wasn't impressed with it: cheap sweet white bread toast with that horrible thai-style margarine, 1 big chewy sausage that tasted of soap. Price OK, but I'd rather pay a little extra and get something a little closer to what I know as farang food.

Agreed. First time I went, it was okay, but all of the subsequent visits have been disappointing. Typical farang style food cooked by a Thai. Don't know why her husband doesn't step up and say or do something to improve the taste. Because it's the only place close to my house, I'd like to see them succeed.

She had some recent problems with cooks but now has new cook who also has Brit hubby. Will pass on your comments for improvements - the choice/taste/price of sausages available in CM is wide and personal tastes vary - she will listen I assure you - any suggestions on sausages available in CM which would satisfy the majority of 'tastes'/any other suggestions?

Hubby a.k.a "thebear^(is back)"

You might want to mention to them that their fish (in fish and chips) was tough and chewy (both batter and fish) the last couple of times I ate there... Also, Rimping (30 feet away) has good french bread, certainly better than what they're using for garlic bread. :o

Last time i was there, i had their cordon bleu.

That was quite good when I had it, too.

Edited by Ajarn

I wasn't impressed by the noveau cuisine style portions.

The Fish n'Chip Shop was great if like your food fried. Last time I went by the door was shut.

The place near the Irish Pub? I've eaten there 3 times in the last few years, and each time was worse than the last. Mostly horrible chips, but the fish wasn't ever 'crispy' either.

The Fish n'Chip Shop was great if like your food fried. Last time I went by the door was shut.

The place near the Irish Pub? I've eaten there 3 times in the last few years, and each time was worse than the last. Mostly horrible chips, but the fish wasn't ever 'crispy' either.

Never tried the fish and chips shop but I’ve been to the Farang Café a couple of times and enjoyed both visits (my boss shops in the Rimping and I eat in the Café – win win). Smallish portions BUT the price is very reasonable for what you get so if, like me, you are a glutton you can always order two dishes!

Great muffins.

The Fish n' Chip shop has reopened with a new partner and they spent a lot to completely refurbish the place.

No reports on the food so far and I'm on a diet, so it won't be me. :o

A requirement for a good breakfast place is that is open at breakfast time. I'm sure for some of the denizens of this forum that means one o'clock in the afternoon but for me it's eight in the morning.

now that you mentioned it, how true! i'd have some kaw man khai (chicken rice), keow teow, at the various local stalls then :o .. forgot its a topic on "breakie"

In any 'reasonable' business portion size/price is relative.

Another TV contributor quote" Smallish portions BUT the price is very reasonable for what you get so if, like me, you are a glutton you can always order two dishes!"

And a modified famous quote by Abraham Lincoln "You can fool please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool please all of the people all of the time

The FC opens at 10am

I might be from Hungry but I beleive that ther is no such thing as a "Good English Breakfast." There is however a variation of a good American Breakfast. That is a fact. There also might be a good "Aulstralian Breakfast." A good Engish Breakfast? Not possibly that bad.

I might be from Hungry but I beleive that ther is no such thing as a "Good English Breakfast." There is however a variation of a good American Breakfast. That is a fact. There also might be a good "Aulstralian Breakfast." A good Engish Breakfast? Not possibly that bad.

An Australian breakfast is that with lamb chops instead of bacon ? American breakfast in thailand seems to be coffee with that bloody awful toast thats made from really cheap bread.

An Australian breakfast is that with lamb chops instead of bacon ? American breakfast in thailand seems to be coffee with that bloody awful toast thats made from really cheap bread.

And a Malaysian breakfast is something you never stop having once you've had it!

And a Malaysian breakfast is something you never stop having once you've had it!

i've had a few dingo brekkies... :o