The Secrets To Dating A Thai Guy

webfact

Seems to me that the advice in the OP applies pretty much to dating any male. Thai or not.

I have to agree with the above... as it sounds like the below points from the OP would leave any man, Thai or Western quite happy and seems like good advice for any relationship.

It seems that many of the western males looking for "Thai Girlfriends" say they are looking for exactly the same as below, but for what ever reason, say that they seem unable to find this in many cases in the west.

.....This means showing extra patience, femininity, and sweetness (do your

best not to argue with him or yell at him), but also carrying your own

handbag, and be able to hold and buy your own drinks.

Allow him his freedom – let him go out with his friends and don’t always drag him out with yours.

• Like 1

Seems to me that the advice in the OP applies pretty much to dating any male. Thai or not.

I have to agree with the above... as it sounds like the below points from the OP would leave any man, Thai or Western quite happy and seems like good advice for any relationship.

It seems that many of the western males looking for "Thai Girlfriends" say they are looking for exactly the same as below, but for what ever reason, say that they seem unable to find this in many cases in the west.

.....This means showing extra patience, femininity, and sweetness (do your

best not to argue with him or yell at him), but also carrying your own

handbag, and be able to hold and buy your own drinks.

Allow him his freedom – let him go out with his friends and don’t always drag him out with yours.

You're absolutely right about this. But whereas Thai men haven't been taught to feel guilty about their patriarchal society, there's no use punishing them for the sins of their forefathers.

This is not to say western women can't still be feminine with western men; but for us, it's just a question of knowing when to treat them as such, and knowing when to pretend that life is a gender neutral endeavor. rolleyes.gif

Some of you seem have a pretty despicable view of relationships. Feel sorry for you.

Boys will be boys. Remember who it is that goes drinking on boys nights out. whistling.gif

Sorry, what? blink.png

Personally, I think this how-to article is not very helpful...she just throws around the word "cute" a lot...and though I agree with some of her points, there are some I disagree with.

I guess you can call me old-fashioned, but I think it's good if a guy is willing to pay for the first date (which made me more attracted to my Thai BF I might add!) It shows that they have SOME money and shows a level of respect. Though if you want to split it...by all means...

I think the main thing for western women is to keep in mind that if they are looking for a serious relationship, they probably avoid sleeping together at least the first few dates....of course, I think this could go for any couple in any culture...but ultimately, it's up to the individuals involved.

I agree, you should dress conservatively when you meet the Thai parents, but you shouldn't have to "kiss up" to them. Just be yourself...and if they don't like it, well, they can just deal with it. Of course, be aware of the local customs and be polite, but I don't think ANYONE should have to kiss a** with any of their future in-laws...

And I also do wonder why this isn't in the ladies forum? I have a feeling we may not get too many mature replies from the guys...though useful/mature comments are welcome. smile.png

Personally, I think this how-to article is not very helpful...she just throws around the word "cute" a lot...and though I agree with some of her points, there are some I disagree with.

I guess you can call me old-fashioned, but I think it's good if a guy is willing to pay for the first date (which made me more attracted to my Thai BF I might add!) It shows that they have SOME money and shows a level of respect. Though if you want to split it...by all means...

I think the main thing for western women is to keep in mind that if they are looking for a serious relationship, they probably avoid sleeping together at least the first few dates....of course, I think this could go for any couple in any culture...but ultimately, it's up to the individuals involved.

I agree, you should dress conservatively when you meet the Thai parents, but you shouldn't have to "kiss up" to them. Just be yourself...and if they don't like it, well, they can just deal with it. Of course, be aware of the local customs and be polite, but I don't think ANYONE should have to kiss a** with any of their future in-laws...

And I also do wonder why this isn't in the ladies forum? I have a feeling we may not get too many mature replies from the guys...though useful/mature comments are welcome. smile.png

OK I moved it, but mark my words, you'll get less than useful/mature male replies here as well.

TV has a long-standing problem with the Ladies' Forum in that male posters tend to overrun it.

OK I moved it, but mark my words, you'll get less than useful/mature male replies here as well.

TV has a long-standing problem with the Ladies' Forum in that male posters tend to overrun it.

True, probably will get less replies. If you want to move it back to general you can...just thought it was more relevant in this forum. If there were more female posters, it would certainly be more interesting and less overrun by the guys.

As someone who has been out with a Thai guy before... The article is kinda accurate and correct with regards to me... However I'm aware it doesn't apply to everyone.

For me, the cultural differences were way too much and I ended up feeling very frustrated most of the time. I called the whole thing off and now he doesn't speak to me at all as I made him lose face by dumping him.

But oh well... Onward and upwards right?

From this experience I will never date a Thai guy again as I don't think I'm cut out to deal with the cultural differences.

P.S. I have nothing against Thai people and I am not Thai bashing FYI.

You could just have said he was "immature"

Dont worry later he'll have "many" other women.

If I wanted to say he was immature then I would have said that.

Don't put words into my mouth about my relationships. tongue.png

As for having plenty more women, I really couldn't care less and I wish him all the happiness. smile.png

Well if he wont speak to you what do you call that?? or did you cut out his tongue secretly whilst he sleptsad.png

Still speak to a lot of my ex girlfriends, mind you it aint pleasant cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

True, probably will get less replies. If you want to move it back to general you can...just thought it was more relevant in this forum. If there were more female posters, it would certainly be more interesting and less overrun by the guys.

What I meant was that it will still get a LOT of posts from men which are less than useful.

Although the Ladies Forum was meant to be a spot where women good communicate we haven't yet found a way to make that happen.

The level of female poster activity in the Ladies forum is lower than it needs to be because almost every single thread gets overrun by what you politely termed as not mature posts by men.

Every few years the issue of somehow restricting the forum to women gets mooted. Personally I'd be for it....

Some of you seem have a pretty despicable view of relationships. Feel sorry for you.

Relationships are based on the meeting of two people. So you would think that there are no despicable people?

If people were not what they are, there would be no need to feel sorry...whistling.gif

So many men with an opinion on dating a Thai man, they must be gay if they are so knowledgeable I would think otherwise they can have no idea except third hand knowledge.

• Thanks 1

So many men with an opinion on dating a Thai man, they must be gay if they are so knowledgeable I would think otherwise they can have no idea except third hand knowledge.

My pal is a Thai man who lives off Thai women, he would be considered a gigolo by western standards.

I've spoken with him a lot, and seen him operate (we go out together sometimes). He is very good at extracting money from Thai ladies.

I'm guessing here, but would bet I know him better than the women he sleeps with. Cos if they really knew him, they wouldn't be sleeping with him.

I don't think women understand men all that much. But men do.

I don't think men understand women much, don't have a clue if they understand each other either.

But I do understand my Thai pal, all gifts of money, gold and booze gratefully accepted.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Yes, this topic WOULD be better in the woman's forum, considering that it IS gender specific. Unless there are some Thai men who can put a different perspective on it.

Of course, farang men seem to do a lot of "trolling" in the ladies forum as well.

Indeed, they literally overrun it. sad.png

Didn't you know? Straight white men know everything. They even know everything about things they know nothing about!

I guess one could ask the OP what he had in mind posting the story.

My pal is a Thai man who lives off Thai women, he would be considered a gigolo by western standards.

I've spoken with him a lot, and seen him operate (we go out together sometimes). He is very good at extracting money from Thai ladies.

I'm guessing here, but would bet I know him better than the women he sleeps with. Cos if they really knew him, they wouldn't be sleeping with him.

I don't think men understand women much, don't have a clue if they understand each other either.

But I do understand my Thai pal, all gifts of money, gold and booze gratefully accepted.

yes you sound very close.

If his head is shaved and he tells you he has been a monk, check his eye brows.

If they are shaved as well he is probably telling the truth.

if not, he has been in prison!!

• Like 2

You do have to admire those kinds of guys. Maybe "admire," is the wrong word...perhaps jealous. To be able to seduce a woman with charm and personality, that's most guys' wet dream.

I saw an MTV show years ago in America, sort of a reality TV sort of thing before reality TV became all the rage. It was about these so-called "players," guys who's life is about trying to get as many girls in the sack as possible. These guys really work at their craft. I'm talking the perfect tan, haircut, fitness, clothes, cologne...the works. And of course, the lines and confidence to approach any lady. If I recall, one of the guys was asked to give his advice for the would-be players out there. His advice was "Lie, man. Lie your ass off!" I guess charm and personality alone is not enough.

• Like 2

You do have to admire those kinds of guys. Maybe "admire," is the wrong word...perhaps jealous. To be able to seduce a woman with charm and personality, that's most guys' wet dream.

I saw an MTV show years ago in America, sort of a reality TV sort of thing before reality TV became all the rage. It was about these so-called "players," guys who's life is about trying to get as many girls in the sack as possible. These guys really work at their craft. I'm talking the perfect tan, haircut, fitness, clothes, cologne...the works. And of course, the lines and confidence to approach any lady. If I recall, one of the guys was asked to give his advice for the would-be players out there. His advice was "Lie, man. Lie your ass off!" I guess charm and personality alone is not enough.

Reminds me of when i worked in Spain 20 years ago, we used to have different competitions each night in the bars and clubs.

100pts bets for who could cop off with the fatest/tallest/ugliest/sexiest etc girl for the crack.

That's how easy it is to get off with farang women on holiday. We had different pitches and spiels for each different nationality.

Back on topic- i don't envy a western woman living in Thailand with a Thai man.

A lot of complications and differences eg:

If the woman wants to work full time and have a social life with other farangs away from him and she is the main bread winner in the household etc.Jealousy issues.

What if she does not want children til later in life? That goes against the grain with Thai culture and families!

The reason it works for farang men and Thai women is that the men seek traditional family values lost on a large percentage of career minded, singleton women from the west.

Good luck to all the holiday romancers, your not here for a long time.

JUST A GOOD TIME!

• Like 1

Didn't you know? Straight white men know everything. They even know everything about things they know nothing about!

That's odd. When something's broken and I don't know how to fix it about 5 local 'experts' suddenly appear to break it even more, while vocally pointing out what I was doing wrong. whistling.gifbiggrin.png

When they break it beyond ever working again it's slump off time with a remark of how the farang broke it. :cheesy:

Edited by Almera

I think she's been reduced to insinuating that you're having a homosexual relationship with him, TP. :(

Much better than actually discussing points made, I think you'll find. :D

• Like 1

I think she's been reduced to insinuating that you're having a homosexual relationship with him, TP. sad.png

Much better than actually discussing points made, I think you'll find. biggrin.png

I have nothing against homosexuals, nor would hinting that I had homosexual relationships upset me.

I have no problems with a person's sexual orientation.

Gay is good, straight is good ....... and anything in-between ...... up to you.

Reminds me of when i worked in Spain 20 years ago, we used to have different competitions each night in the bars and clubs.

100pts bets for who could cop off with the fatest/tallest/ugliest/sexiest etc girl for the crack.

That's how easy it is to get off with farang women on holiday. We had different pitches and spiels for each different nationality.

Back on topic- i don't envy a western woman living in Thailand with a Thai man.

A lot of complications and differences eg:

If the woman wants to work full time and have a social life with other farangs away from him and she is the main bread winner in the household etc.Jealousy issues.

What if she does not want children til later in life? That goes against the grain with Thai culture and families!

The reason it works for farang men and Thai women is that the men seek traditional family values lost on a large percentage of career minded, singleton women from the west.

Good luck to all the holiday romancers, your not here for a long time.

JUST A GOOD TIME!

Which just goes to show how little you know about these relationships you are making comment on.