Thai Cabinet Approves Over Bt77Mil To Promote National Reconciliation

webfact

Cabinet approves over THB77mil to promote national reconciliation

BANGKOK, 20 March 2013 (NNT) – The Cabinet has resolved to allocate additional budget for the special committee in charge of national reconciliation to push ahead with its efforts to solve years of social and political conflicts in the country.

Permanent Secretary to the PM’s Office Tongthong Chandransu, on Tuesday, announced that the weekly Cabinet meeting has resolved to allocate another 77.9 million baht for the Truth for Reconciliation Commission of Thailand (TRCT), which has earlier been granted 90.3 million baht in budget for the organization of public deliberations on national reconciliation.

With 168.2 million baht allocated, the TRCT is set to hold as many as 108 sessions of public deliberations across the country.

Mr. Tongthong said that, after the Songkran holiday, the commission plans to invite some 440 noted guest speakers and academics as well as professors from various universities to discuss how the deliberation session should be organized.

He added that public deliberations should be held across the country throughout May and June before the TRCT can present a summary on public opinions to the Cabinet and share everything with the people of Thailand.

The Permanent Secretary to the PM’s Office stated that the Cabinet will have the final say on which suggestions will be implemented in promoting reconciliation in Thailand.

Mr. Tongthong stated that the public deliberation plan was not conceived for any political purpose, but was implemented after several organizations called for academic approach to help TRCT carry out its duty. It is hoped that there will be more than 75,000 people to offer their creative ideas on how Thailand can rid itself of divisiveness and achieve reconciliation.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-03-20 footer_n.gif

This is disgusting, forget cliches such as ' meeting halfway ", " give and take " and so on as here money has to be involved. Thai Love Thai indeed ! With all this money around the special committee will be happy to stretch this out as they will travel the country first class, stay in five star hotels and avail themselves of all sorts of perks all in the name of getting the job done.

• Like 2

77 Million Baht. Why don't the just give everyone 1 Million Baht if they promise to forgive the other side. This will have the added effect of everyone being rich. Albeit a bit late it actually will have the effect of an election promise kept.

• Like 1

So, 168million baht to hold "as many as 108 sessions of public deliberations across the country".

That's 1.5million baht per "public deliberation"...whatever that really means.

But before these "public deliberations" they will invite 440 noted "Guest Speakers" to discuss how these deliberations should be organized.

Is it just me, but does this sound half-assed and poorly thought through?

Permanent Secretary to the PM’s Office Tongthong Chandransu, on Tuesday,
announced that the weekly Cabinet meeting has resolved to allocate
another 77.9 million baht for the Truth for Reconciliation Commission of
Thailand

(TRCT)With 168.2 million baht allocated, the TRCT is set to hold as many as 108 sessions of public deliberations across the country.

Mr. Tongthong stated that the public deliberation plan was not conceived for any political purpose,

Really?? Why did PTP cabinet nearly double the budget? I do love how the PTP have to point out, that nothing is politically motivated.

So, 168million baht to hold "as many as 108 sessions of public deliberations across the country".

That's 1.5million baht per "public deliberation"...whatever that really means.

But before these "public deliberations" they will invite 440 noted "Guest Speakers" to discuss how these deliberations should be organized.

Is it just me, but does this sound half-assed and poorly thought through?

How the hell are they going to get 440 people to all agree to how the deliberations should be organised. Why so many ???( All mates of the Commissioner ???) What a waste of Public Money. If the Commission/government want everyone to reconcile with each other (Red Shirts friends with the Yellows ) it could become a one party Government. How much will it cost for the Commission to meet with their Boss in Dubai to obtain his guidance ??

While the Amamat shit on the rest then there will be no reconciliation , and know they have the money to do it in stile.

And getting more money monthly from the rice pledging scam.

Cabinet approves over THB77mil to promote national reconciliation "white-lie-washing-and-bailing-of-political-criminals-and-ministry-mafias-of-Thai-Chinese-elite

Permanent Secretary to the PMs Office Tongthong Chandransu, on Tuesday, announced that the weekly Cabinet meeting has resolved to allocate another 77.9 million baht for the Truth for Reconciliation Commission of Thailand (TRCT) "white lie rip off scheme , which has earlier been granted 90.3 million baht in budget for the organization of public deliberations on national reconciliation.nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-03-20 footer_n.gif

Reconciliation Thai-(Chinese-Elite)-way: Abuse of power towards the poor and lost-in-translation-foreigners and changing the rules, that benefit one to get away with everything, even murder over dead bodies

"Now Mr Camaran, I know we are in disagreement on a few points as regards the economy and our differing views on solving our Nation's problems, but is there nothing we can do?" "Well there is one idea I'd like to float by you. Lets put 150 million quid into trying to come to an agreement and bury our differences." "Prime minister, what a wonderful idea, the electorate are sure to agree. Money well spent, plus, I can get that Bugatti I always promised myself!"

Isn't the TRCT the organisation that pointed out that the divisiveness started in 2000 when Sanoh & Pojamin got at the judges who found Thaksin 'not guilty' of lying about his assets? The laughable 'honest mistake' which was neither honest or a mistake.

Have the officials of the TRCT been changed to reflect the current PTP 'thinking'?

"Permanent Secretary to the PM’s Office Tongthong Chandransu, on Tuesday, announced that the weekly Cabinet meeting has resolved to allocate another 77.9 million baht for the Truth for Reconciliation Commission of Thailand (TRCT), which has earlier been granted 90.3 million baht in budget for the organization of public deliberations on national reconciliation".

Wow here a shot in the arm for reconcilliation. The TRCT was established by the Abhisit Vejjajiva government and mandated with investigating the 2010 political violence, researching potential root causes, and recommending an appropriate way forward. However, On September 17 2012, the (TRCT) released its final report on the April-May 2010 political violence. But the Yingluck gobernment not only didnt endorse those findings and it failed to implement any of its recomendations. I wonder why?

"The TRCT's report on the political violence of 2010 will be ignored because people are unwilling to take responsibility for their actions, leaving us no closer to reconciliation.............The resentment is understandable. The confirmation of the existence of the "men in black" weakens the red-shirt leaders' story that their weeks-long protest in Bangkok between March and May 2010 - during which key business districts were under siege - was peaceful. Not only does the TRCT report link the men in black to well-known red-shirt figures, it mentions bomb attacks and a hospital "invasion". The panel insists it was wrong for the Abhisit government to enlist help from the military to deal with the popular uprising, but strongly suggests that anti-government elements were armed and provocative ..... (it also) explicitly criticising moves by the Yingluck administration to use its parliamentary power to rush through legal or constitutional changes so as to achieve a questionable "amnesty" programme."

Perhaps another 77.9 million baht will get the findings and recomendations the Thaksin government and redshirts wants and recomendations its happy to implement............. Thaktatorship and Red democracy in action

"Now Mr Camaran, I know we are in disagreement on a few points as regards the economy and our differing views on solving our Nation's problems, but is there nothing we can do?" "Well there is one idea I'd like to float by you. Lets put 150 million quid into trying to come to an agreement and bury our differences." "Prime minister, what a wonderful idea, the electorate are sure to agree. Money well spent, plus, I can get that Bugatti I always promised myself!"

Maybe you can explain what your thinly disguised comment about the British PM has to do with this post? Perhaps it's something in the Dartford air?