Does It Mean If No Money , There Is No Honey?

Does it mean you have to save up to 400K THB and put it in a bank before you get married to your thai gf? if so how long before marriage it must be in a bank account? what sort of account? i know it should be in grooms name only, and if you on a tourist visa then, what visa will be given to you after marriage? and finally does it mean if you dont have that much money to show , one should not even think of marriage with a thai girl???sad.png

All nonsense, you should use the search function and do a little more research. You are referring to extensions of permission to stay based on marriage, not a visa. You can apply for a Non-Immigrant "O" Visa based on marriage outside of Thailand, often no proof of finance, and if so, can be as little as 100K in the bank. You can apply for one year muti-entries and stay 90 days per entry until you have saved enough for the extension, or have proof of income of 40K per month.

• Like 1

Does it mean you have to save up to 400K THB and put it in a bank before you get married to your thai gf? if so how long before marriage it must be in a bank account? what sort of account? i know it should be in grooms name only, and if you on a tourist visa then, what visa will be given to you after marriage? and finally does it mean if you dont have that much money to show , one should not even think of marriage with a thai girl???

Don't do it man(NB.I've read your previous posts)keep your money.Not wishing to cause disrespect but your not ready for marriage to a Thai-give it time if she really cares for you she will understand.

Edited by lopburi3
fix quote

Jacaranda: You are NOT ready to come to Thailand and live here, you need to do much, much, much more reading and learning...

first, you can get married to your Thai GF without having any money... if she will take you...

second, money in the bank is needed for extending your Non-Imm-O Visa for one year, whether it is 800K for retirement extension or 400K for marriage extension

third, somebody who has to ask whether he can use his "Visa-money" during the year and can not leave it in the bank and let it accumulate some small interest, is financially not ready for retirement. What other means do you have to live?

Finally, somebody who thinks about getting married in order to cut the needed VISA-money in half, is definitely on the wrong side of the tracks... marriage should be for love, but you are looking for a sham marriage. Such marriages tend to be divorced pretty fast and then you are back to needing 800K for then next annual renewal.

My dad was married 7 times, always got along with his ex wifes, I was the last kid of the 7th, he made me promise to never get married and I never have, been with the same Thai girlfriend for 8 years, I have friends that lived with girlfriends for 10 years and got married and were divorced in months.