Cheap Apartment Near/at Sukhumvit

aridion

I am heading to Sukhumvit in a few months for 2 -3 weeks. I have had a look at some cheap guest friendly hotels online, but ideally I would rather stay in an apartment. My budget is up to 1700 a night.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Ari.

do your home work first. Sukh is some 300 kms long-it runs all the way to Khmer border. FIRST get a BKK map-or google maps- then look for an area. The further out-the cheape the price -and even cheaper beyond where BTS ends-in sam Rong. Also decide-as about any cheapish place is NOt on Sukh but in some side soi- how far away you think is tolerable to stay for the comutes hence involved. The tipical TV-user though thinks that anything too far from sex-tourist Nana is not worth living though.

I've stayed here: http://bangkokomni.com/

About half-way down Soi 4: 7700 for a week in a studio and if you can afford it, then the one-bedroom places are huge.

Considering they will rent to you monthly for 15,000 (CDS Property in basement of Omni), why would you want to pay 7,700 for a week for the same room? Other rental companies with offices in the same building will rent you a similar room for 25,000. Omni is not worth more than 15,000 a month, quite frankly. It's overrun by Kazakhstan/Uzbekistan hookers, their pimps and shifty Arabs in white robes. For 15k it's OK though, given the location a 3-minute walk from Nana, 5 minutes to Nana BTS, large pool, well-equipped gym and spacious rooms.

I've stayed here: http://bangkokomni.com/

About half-way down Soi 4: 7700 for a week in a studio and if you can afford it, then the one-bedroom places are huge.

Considering they will rent to you monthly for 15,000 (CDS Property in basement of Omni), why would you want to pay 7,700 for a week for the same room? Other rental companies with offices in the same building will rent you a similar room for 25,000. Omni is not worth more than 15,000 a month, quite frankly. It's overrun by Kazakhstan/Uzbekistan hookers, their pimps and shifty Arabs in white robes. For 15k it's OK though, given the location a 3-minute walk from Nana, 5 minutes to Nana BTS, large pool, well-equipped gym and spacious rooms.

Sounds like a lively and interesting place!