Where To Buy Boliden Car Battery In Patong?

Ping

I read in the motoring forum that Boliden are supposed to be a good car battery. My current one has all but died after 22 months (got run down frequently - not a lot of use). Does anyone have a suggestion where I could buy one in or near Patong at a fair price? Alternatively, suggestions for a quality car battery and where to buy/cost? For a Pajero Sport.

Thanks - Ping

There used to be a tyre and battery place just before Esso in Patong, not sure if they are still in business. That's where I used before B-Quik arrived.

Yes, that's the place I always used, but since I've been gone a couple years, not sure if they're still there. They used to stock lots of hard to find batteries - including big ones for old classic Benz etc..

Some Feedback...

Went to B-Quik yesterday. Bloke came over, took off one of the cell covers (where the acid is poured in) and promptly said the battery is good. I told him it was no good, and he then tested it with a piece of equipment and neither agreed nor disagreed. I then told him I wanted a Boliden battery - they only have Yuasa batteries. Okay, I want a 95 amp jobby. No, I only need an 85 amp battery he tells me. I show him the current battery (95 amp). He says that the original battery that came with the car tells porky pies and is really only 85 amp. No, I insist on a 95 amp battery. He tells me he would have to rewire the car to install it. I still want a 95 amp battery. Of course, then he decides to tell me that they don't have that size in stock. He then takes me over to a rack of batteries sitting outside the shop, all covered in grime and looking like they had been getting wheeled in and out of the shop since the shop opened. He then points to a 75 amp battery (having cleared the muck off the top label) and I point out that it is 75 amp, not 85 amp (let alone 95 amp). It also has helpfully printed on the front 'For Conventional Cars'. I then ask if he knows where else I can buy a battery. 'Phuket Town' he says. 'Bye', I say...

B-Quik are probably good for servicing and the like - but I would caution anyone needing a new battery. The fact that they don't even bother to keep them clean and at least looking new says quite a bit.

The place near Esso is still there and operating but was closed yesterday (being Sunday).