Extending Non Imm O Visa From Overseas

I have an extended Non-Imm-O visa for support of my Thai wife, and wish to maintain the visa continuously to allow for the option of applying for PR in the near future.

If I were to leave Thailand for a year or two, is it possible to extend the annual 'permit to stay' whilst overseas?

Cheers

Rags

No.

:o Thanks Lopburi - short, sweet and to the point :D

Oh well, I'll guess I'll have to "force myself" to come back here a couple of times each year to renew the extension.....it's a hard life.......

Cheers

Rags

Edited by Rags

I have an extended Non-Imm-O visa for support of my Thai wife, and wish to maintain the visa continuously to allow for the option of applying for PR in the near future.

If I were to leave Thailand for a year or two, is it possible to extend the annual 'permit to stay' whilst overseas?

No.
Oh well, I'll guess I'll have to "force myself" to come back here a couple of times each year to renew the extension.....
Just remember that a minimum of 3 consecutive annual extensions are not the only requirement for a Residence Permit. The Immigration Commission will want to see that you can speak, read and write Thai, and that you have lived, worked and paid income tax in Thailand all these years, and a few other things.

--------------

Maestro

Edited by maestro

Just remember that a minimum of 3 consecutive annual extensions are not the only requirement for a Residence Permit. The Immigration Commission will want to see that you can speak, read and write Thai, and that you have lived, worked and paid income tax in Thailand all these years, and a few other things.

--------------

Maestro

Thanks Maestro

I am still working on the other requirements. The main thing is that I don't want to lose the entitlement gained from holding the Non-Immigrant Visa for a number of consecutive years.

Cheers

Rags

Edited by Rags