Dirt Tracks For Driving

Does. Anyone know any nice isolated places where I can drive like a loonie and get the back end out when driving round corners on the island

Some where safe from people

Ring road like everyone else ?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Just head up some of the Soi roads that go to the centre of the island.... lots of dirt roads up there....

Look at posts in Photo section Neilly and I have posted recently..... Mind you I would not do alone.... if you try it! whistling.gif

Do watch out for a small amount of traffic.... especially Safari trucks and locals on motor bikes usually w00t.gif .... and stay off the "farm land or orchards" wink.png

This is between Soi 5 and Nathon.... roads vary!

Nathon%2Bto%2BMaenam%2B%2BMar%2B19%252C%

Just head up some of the Soi roads that go to the centre of the island.... lots of dirt roads up there....

Look at posts in Photo section Neilly and I have posted recently..... Mind you I would not do alone.... if you try it! whistling.gif

Do watch out for a small amount of traffic.... especially Safari trucks and locals on motor bikes usually w00t.gif .... and stay off the "farm land or orchards" wink.png

This is between Soi 5 and Nathon.... roads vary!

Nathon%2Bto%2BMaenam%2B%2BMar%2B19%252C%

Jimmy, Shame on you don't divulge where these road's are, keep BigC over his side of the island.

• Like 2

Maybe if have a team can use radios at each end of a track to make sure road is clear

Thanks

Now I think about it, John1's advice is probably good... having big c on any the roads could be hazardous! w00t.gifbiggrin.png

Actually, thinking about it, up Soi 1 in Maenam there is a circular track, perhaps 2 kms up on the left side, where they run those 4 wheel drive things around sometimes.... perhaps that would be safer! w00t.giftongue.png

Maybe if have a team can use radios at each end of a track to make sure road is clear

Thanks

Now I think about it, John1's advice is probably good... having big c on any the roads could be hazardous! w00t.gifbiggrin.png

Actually, thinking about it, up Soi 1 in Maenam there is a circular track, perhaps 2 kms up on the left side, where they run those 4 wheel drive things around sometimes.... perhaps that would be safer! w00t.giftongue.png

i would really like a rally track about 4 miles long or 6 kms. i want to get the back end out. i need the buzz!!! thanks

Plenty of dirt roads inside the middle of Samui – you can actually cross the island on theese tracks.

You are correct khunper - but BigC wants 'somewhere safe from people' thumbsup.gif and Samuijimmy keeps telling everyone to try the roads across the centre of the island. smile.png

The two of them are in conflict here! whistling.gif

Edited by Tropicalevo

Plenty of dirt roads inside the middle of Samui – you can actually cross the island on theese tracks.

You are correct khunper - but BigC wants 'somewhere safe from people' thumbsup.gif and Samuijimmy keeps telling everyone to try the roads across the centre of the island. smile.png

Right, and the dirt tracks at the midle are likely to be the “most safe from people”. I did Maenam Soi 1 to Lamai, and from the start of dirt track I met no people at all before Lamai.

Another possibility may be way down south-west, there are still some uninhabited areas, fairly flat and with good view, so a chance not to meet (too many) people.

Right, and the dirt tracks at the midle are likely to be the “most safe from people”. I did Maenam Soi 1 to Lamai, and from the start of dirt track I met no people at all before Lamai.

Another possibility may be way down south-west, there are still some uninhabited areas, fairly flat and with good view, so a chance not to meet (too many) people.

25 years ago we had a nice track on that hill where the Royal Meridian was built later on. Many local residents left the South for good reason, die hards continued to live in that area, keep that in mind.

it would have to be a small soi off that road as it is getting busier and very easy to hit someone in the other direction due to blind spots when crossing over hill round corners and so on unless you have a team with radios that can warn you of traffic.